Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Crisu69
Well, i also complain about QR at the moment but if i check the discussions about other airlines in the board e.g. Emirates is see, that there is also not all gold glitters:

Emirates Price Hike
Yes, right, not all is gold what is shiny ;-)
I never flew Emirates before, but now (end of June) I´ll give it a try - 3 legs with A380 in Business and one with B777. I think I´ll get a pretty good impression about "differences"...and this for 200 EUR less than QRs best offer on that time and destination. Considering the complementary limo service it is more than 400 EUR less.
One thing to mention, if QR would not be so "enhancing" in the past year, I would not care about the difference in fare, at least not about 200 EUR.
Old May 22, 2018, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by beepee
IT will be at a cost

Award ticket

We have revised our Qmiles redemption requirements for award tickets. Please visit our Qcalculator to learn more.
  • In case of unutilised award tickets, members need to refund and issue a new award ticket. This applies to tickets issued with previous as well as newly revised Qmiles requirements. Changes are not allowed, refund fee applies.
  • In case of partially used tickets, date changes are permitted with an applicable fee. The Qmiles value shall remain as per the original award ticket, and no additional Qmiles shall be collected. This applies to tickets issued with previous as well as newly revised Qmiles requirements.
In addition, we are introducing a redemption booking fee per sector as follows:
CabinBooking fee* (per sector booked)Economy$25Business$50First$75
If we have an already issued award ticket, does this mean it will be voided when the changes kick in on 27 May and we need to reissue the ticket? (Even if we don’t make any change to the ticket). Sorry English is not my first language and I couldn’t really understand ‘In case of unutilised award tickets, members need to refund and issue a new award ticket. This applies to tickets issued with previous as well as newly revised Qmiles requirements.’
Old May 22, 2018, 9:06 am
Suspended

Relax, it is still better than BA's YQ game (sarcasms intended)
Old May 22, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: QR platinum
It’s only when you want to make a change to an existing award redemption
Old May 22, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveller999
Yes, right, not all is gold what is shiny ;-)
I never flew Emirates before, but now (end of June) I´ll give it a try - 3 legs with A380 in Business and one with B777. I think I´ll get a pretty good impression about "differences"...and this for 200 EUR less than QRs best offer on that time and destination. Considering the complementary limo service it is more than 400 EUR less.
One thing to mention, if QR would not be so "enhancing" in the past year, I would not care about the difference in fare, at least not about 200 EUR.
I also never flew Emirates and should try it too. Today i requested a status match with them. suppose, they give me only silver for QR Platin but it is a start...
Traveller999 likes this.
Old May 22, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
I just checked the calculator today and qcredits is no longer listed as a payment option maybe they are stopping qcredits?
Old May 22, 2018, 9:26 am

I also never flew Emirates and should try it too. Today i requested a status match with them. suppose, they give me only silver for QR Platin but it is a start...
They gave me silver for 15 months first flight next month
Old May 22, 2018, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by spec119
I just checked the calculator today and qcredits is no longer listed as a payment option maybe they are stopping qcredits?
at my account it still shows Qcredits for possible upgrades

Old May 22, 2018, 1:03 pm

at my account it still shows Qcredits for possible upgrades

Yes mine is showing qcredits again maybe a glitch

Last edited by spec119; May 23, 2018 at 2:37 am
Old May 22, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Sitting in the "enhanced" firat class lounge in Doha at present (was denied Al Mourjan due to upgrade post February 5th)...

Not too bad for a short connection, shower was available although it lacks any ventilation like in other Doha lounges, so you get a free hammam..

Decided to burn my remaining Qmiles as i found a good J+F redemption ticket available. Now having emptied my QRPC account i can wait until it gets better (hopefully) after getting worst in the short term...
Traveller999 likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 2:40 am

QRPC confirmed by email O and T buckets are now eligible for upgrading albeit miserable accural
Old May 23, 2018, 3:25 am

They gave me silver for 15 months first flight next month
Received an email form Emirates regarding my status match request with QR Platinum. They dont do it right now anymore:

Thanks for your email.
I do appreciate your choice to fly more frequently with Emirates
Currently, we are not offering status match to Qatar Airlines.
If you are a member of any other frequent flyer programme, it may be possible to review.
Have a nice day!
Kind regards,
Old May 23, 2018, 3:34 am

QRPC confirmed by email O and T buckets are now eligible for upgrading albeit miserable accural
Thats amazing, thank you
Old May 23, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Just tried to log into QRPC. Asks for a mobile number, which I gave mine (the one in my profile). No OTP arrives, despite several tries. Call QR, and get told that my number must be associated with another account, so have to fill in a form, and email back with two forms of ID. Such a bloody joke that they cannot fix it on the phone.

Another enhanced feature?
Old May 23, 2018, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by xadria
Thats amazing, thank you
I know it's not news but good to have confirmation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.