Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Not sure if it is new but noticed it for the time today. QR selling Qpoints at arround 2k€ per 100 Qpoints.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by Tom_D
Not sure if it is new but noticed it for the time today. QR selling Qpoints at arround 2k€ per 100 Qpoints.
Yes I noticed it but max 80 I could buy 2 econyme V class for less money lon BKK
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Tom_D
Is 100 the minimum amount or is a purchase of less QCredits possible as well (i.e. 3 QCredits)?
Where can this option be found? I could not find it, at least not under "Gift, buy, transfer".....
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by Traveller999
Is 100 the minimum amount or is a purchase of less QCredits possible as well (i.e. 3 QCredits)?
Where can this option be found? I could not find it, at least not under "Gift, buy, transfer".....
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...y-qpoints.html

Seems you pay $25 per Qpoint, it gave me an option of buying 1 point up to a maximum of 150 points. What's everyone's thoughts on this? Seems like a crazy idea to me.

Some of the wording:

● Only Privilege Club main members are eligible to buy Qpoints

● Purchase of Qpoints is available online only;

● Cost per Qpoint is US$25;

● Platinum, Gold and Silver members can buy Qpoints to retain their tier;

● Gold, Silver and Burgundy members can buy Qpoints to upgrade to the next tier;

● Members can purchase Qpoints once in 36 months;

● Qpoints purchased are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:03 am
Suspended

I had a pop UP on the app. Not sure where to get it. I guess it could be usefull for someone short of 5 or 10 points to reach Plat and get the 60 qcredits. I would not recomment to reach Gold as 40qcredits is almost useless.
Richard Bell likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:25 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by jah718
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...y-qpoints.html

Seems you pay $25 per Qpoint, it gave me an option of buying 1 point up to a maximum of 150 points. What's everyone's thoughts on this? Seems like a crazy idea to me.

Some of the wording:

● Only Privilege Club main members are eligible to buy Qpoints

● Purchase of Qpoints is available online only;

● Cost per Qpoint is US$25;

● Platinum, Gold and Silver members can buy Qpoints to retain their tier;

● Gold, Silver and Burgundy members can buy Qpoints to upgrade to the next tier;

● Members can purchase Qpoints once in 36 months;

● Qpoints purchased are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Thank you for your quick answer!
I made a mistake and did think QPoints are QCredits ;-)
As I am Platinum, it does not make any sense to buy QPoints.....
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Isn't this similar (in concept, not necessarily in price) to an AA challenge where one is allowed to pay money to buy up to or maintain an elite status level? I'm PLT PRO right now, and was just offered the "opportunity" to buy up to EXP (OW EMD) for around $2,500. Right. I know that I don't have to tell you that that email is in the trash bin.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I have not looked but is there an option to sell the Qpoints back to Qatar Airways? I have over 700 Qpoints and I am more than willing to sell every one of them back.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: one world
Send them to me! Seriously can one transfer qpoints like qmiles?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
I have not looked but is there an option to sell the Qpoints back to Qatar Airways? I have over 700 Qpoints and I am more than willing to sell every one of them back.
Obviously this should be at the same price, $25 per Qpoint, as they are valued-at for purchases ?

Turnabout is Fair Play !

Next, how much do I need to pay, to receive my QRPC Gold-card in-the-post within two weeks, guaranteed ?
NoY, jah718, GalaxyChris and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Richard Bell
Obviously this should be at the same price, $25 per Qpoint, as they are valued-at for purchases ?

Turnabout is Fair Play !

Next, how much do I need to pay, to receive my QRPC Gold-card in-the-post within two weeks, guaranteed ?
Well the answer to that is pretty obvious. It will take about the same time as it does for @goingplacestogether to acknowledge us on the welcome thread!
NoY, jah718, GalaxyChris and 4 others like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Whatever could go wrong will go wrong with QRPC. I've recently redeemed qmiles for an award flight with BA. Once ticketed, the ticket comes as Hand Baggage Only.

But at least they rectified it after I asked them to check (by e-mail obviously ... took them days). Imagine people who don't know what should be included in an award ticket ended up having to pay some 70 euros for a checked bag that should be included in the first place.

Last time they also failed to refund all taxes when I cancel an award booking with CX. Took them several rant emails from me to get them to finally refund after a month or two.

The booking request page has lost some functionalities after the last time I used it also. I can no longer book multi-sector or connecting flights now. One way or return only. And it doesn't show all flights departing on such day by selected carrier anymore, even when there's availability.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
With some careful planing, I am very happy to say I have reduced my balance to less than 150 Qmiles, used nearly all my Qcredits for some awesome upgrades and walk away from the maddening Privilege Club (never to look back). I will gladly rinse QR for as much lounge access from my Platinum card (until it expires/downgrades to Gold) and I have credited my recent OneWorld flights to BA.

When I look back, it's such a shame how badly Privilege Club has deteriorated and the complete disregard they now appear to have for their most frequent passengers. I really enjoy QR in the air (especially the Qsuite) and will probably keep flying them if it suits but if I never have to deal with some instransigent/under-valued/unempowered Privilege Club agent again, I will be extremely happy.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:10 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Work-Shy
With some careful planing, I am very happy to say I have reduced my balance to less than 150 Qmiles, used nearly all my Qcredits for some awesome upgrades and walk away from the maddening Privilege Club (never to look back). I will gladly rinse QR for as much lounge access from my Platinum card (until it expires/downgrades to Gold) and I have credited my recent OneWorld flights to BA.

When I look back, it's such a shame how badly Privilege Club has deteriorated and the complete disregard they now appear to have for their most frequent passengers. I really enjoy QR in the air (especially the Qsuite) and will probably keep flying them if it suits but if I never have to deal with some instransigent/under-valued/unempowered Privilege Club agent again, I will be extremely happy.
Beautifully said, I must say ^. I have burned as many Q miles as possible so far this year & hope to spend all of them by year end. I also have just a handful of Q credits left. All of my OW flying is now crediting to BA & I will comfortably maintain Gold again with them this year. They are a PLEASURE to deal with compared to PC. The few QR revenue flights I am flying will credit to BA too. Good riddance to QRPC @:-)
Grace B and Work-Shy like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by Work-Shy

I fully concur with your sentiments on all fronts.

But I must say well done on using almost all of your miles - and even bigger kudos for using your Qcredits to good advantage! I have never been able to use my Qcredits - they all lapsed. I have, though, got my miles stash down to below 250, thankfully. Problem is my partner's account has 44,000 miles left in it, expiring before the end of the year - not going to be easy using that for anything worthwhile, I imagine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.