Search

Krabi Flight down to 3x Weekly

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum
Krabi Flight down to 3x Weekly

Hi Guys,

My parents were able to take advantage of a great fare from ARN to KBV in Business Class from 19/09/18 to 30/09/18
Unfortunately the flight has been reduced to only 3 times per week. This has meant that their original flight on 19/09/18 with a stop-over of 3 hours now has a layover of 27 hours.
I can see they can fly to BKK instead of Krabi and fly then with Bangkok Airways. Would it be worth a shout to request this new routing?
The return flight has not been affected.
I'm just wondering what other members have experienced when such a big change came up. They are not really interested in staying in Doha; They want to get to Krabi straight away as they have paid for their hotel already.

Many thanks

Last edited by A380PM; May 19, 2018 at 2:49 am
Old May 19, 2018, 4:18 am

I would expect QR to accommodate such request without any problem.
A380PM likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maxvor
I would expect QR to accommodate such request without any problem.
Thanks.

I'm just concerned that because it was a promo fare, they may argue that changes are not permitted. However it has added 24 hours onto their outbound journey. So maybe they will get something sorted.
Old May 19, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: QR Plat
As maxvor said this should be no problem. Timetable changes are common.

It also helps - and saves you a lot of time - if you have done some research and identified your preferred flights before you call QR.
Ursa81 likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JC880
As maxvor said this should be no problem. Timetable changes are common.

It also helps - and saves you a lot of time - if you have done some research and identified your preferred flights before you call QR.
Cheers. I have the alternative flights printed out for my Dad. He'll give them a call soon I'll let you know how he gets on.
Old May 19, 2018, 9:32 am
Original Poster

My Dad was on the phone to the UK centre today. He said the agent was very helpful but unable to make any changes. He said it was company policy.

Any ideas to escalate? Maybe contact Doha?
Old May 19, 2018, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by A380PM
My Dad was on the phone to the UK centre today. He said the agent was very helpful but unable to make any changes. He said it was company policy.

Ask for a supervisor.
NJSwamplands and A380PM like this.
Old May 19, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: Finnair Gold, Lufthansa FTL, FlyingBlue Silver
I have successfully changed a QR itinary originating in ZRH to FRA due to a minor schedule change. So it is definitely possible if you get the right agent. Maybe HUCA?
NJSwamplands and A380PM like this.
Old May 19, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Or, if they want to see Doha, take advantage of the +qatar offers
A380PM likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Did they offer a transit hotel in Doha? Though they should offer a connection via Bangkok the fares BKK to Krabi are cheap so as a fallback try rerouting to Bangkok on the inbound and organising their own connection.
A380PM likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 3:48 am

I had a similar situation last year and I managed to get a routing out of BKK after the original flight out of KBV was rescheduled. The girl I spoke to on the phone was not going to budge, however, after explaining the under 500 mile clause, she did actually reconsider and the flights were eventually changed.

As suggested earlier, as for a supervisor.
A380PM likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Ask for a supervisor.
Originally Posted by Luxair747SP
I have successfully changed a QR itinary originating in ZRH to FRA due to a minor schedule change. So it is definitely possible if you get the right agent. Maybe HUCA?
Originally Posted by geminidreams
Did they offer a transit hotel in Doha? Though they should offer a connection via Bangkok the fares BKK to Krabi are cheap so as a fallback try rerouting to Bangkok on the inbound and organising their own connection.
Originally Posted by passy777

I had a similar situation last year and I managed to get a routing out of BKK after the original flight out of KBV was rescheduled. The girl I spoke to on the phone was not going to budge, however, after explaining the under 500 mile clause, she did actually reconsider and the flights were eventually changed.

As suggested earlier, as for a supervisor.
My Dad was able to get re-routed to BKK on the outbound flight. They would not add BKK to KBV into the itinerary; however the flights were pretty cheap anyway. At least they will be able to enjoy their holiday in full now.

Thanks again for the replies. Great help
Old May 20, 2018, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
My Dad was able to get re-routed to BKK on the outbound flight. They would not add BKK to KBV into the itinerary; however the flights were pretty cheap anyway.
Sure, but it's the principle that's bothersome. What if flights were not cheap, or not available and a taxi required. They shouldn't get away with this.
Old May 20, 2018, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Sure, but it's the principle that's bothersome. What if flights were not cheap, or not available and a taxi required. They shouldn't get away with this.
Yes it's frustrating to say the least. I'll get him to ring again with a more forceful tone and see if they will add in the Bangkok Airways flight.
Old May 27, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Only found out today that I'm affected by this too - quite annoying as the fare was so cheap. Looking to cancel and get my money back as QR said I could change to HKT but that's not quite the vibe I'm looking for....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.