FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Problem with Qmiles redemption (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1909857-problem-qmiles-redemption.html)

ms101 May 17, 2018 2:06 pm

Problem with Qmiles redemption

Hi,

Hoping someone here can help me before I try their very efficient customer service :p

I'm trying to book an award ticket from CDG-KUL in a mixed itinerary (F/J) and the website shows me x2 availability which I will happily take as I have no expectations of it going back to normal availability, and this should cost me 142,500 qmiles.

However, when I attempt to continue after the initial page, this message pops up "
  • No fare can be found for the flights and/or cabins you selected. Please search again and select another cabin and/or different flights. (5685 - 2201)"
I've tried various F/J combinations from May till April 2019 and ALL of them give me the same message.

Do you think it is an IT error or that QR has now restricted F access? Has anyone else experienced this?

Alfredbali May 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Yes i get this error message for F/J award flights from or to cdg also. One more annoying enhancement and/or bug from Qatar Airways...

ms101 May 19, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanks for the response Alfredbali!

Can anyone else try on their account if they can press continue on a CDG-KUL mixed booking on a x2 redemption? I'm wondering if it's just my account that's that way or is everyone's the same?

GalaxyChris May 19, 2018 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by ms101 (Post 29772471)
Thanks for the response Alfredbali!

Can anyone else try on their account if they can press continue on a CDG-KUL mixed booking on a x2 redemption? I'm wondering if it's just my account that's that way or is everyone's the same?

Tried and get same message too.
Seem when first class is selected the Qmiles needed are not counted / total is same as business class.

Flying Bosun May 19, 2018 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by ms101 (Post 29765681)
Hi,

Hoping someone here can help me before I try their very efficient customer service :p

I'm trying to book an award ticket from CDG-KUL in a mixed itinerary (F/J) and the website shows me x2 availability which I will happily take as I have no expectations of it going back to normal availability, and this should cost me 142,500 qmiles.

However, when I attempt to continue after the initial page, this message pops up "
  • No fare can be found for the flights and/or cabins you selected. Please search again and select another cabin and/or different flights. (5685 - 2201)"
I've tried various F/J combinations from May till April 2019 and ALL of them give me the same message.

Do you think it is an IT error or that QR has now restricted F access? Has anyone else experienced this?

142500 miles will just cover your 2 legs in J if they are Q2.
You will need 179000Qmiles if F from CDG is x2 and J from DOH is x1.

When mixing classes and/or Qmiles X1 or 2 then the webpage just cant do the math correct but will show a fault message after next step.
In your case you will have to look for a X1 in J from DOH when you want to fly First at doubble Qmiles out from CDG.

Cheers

ms101 May 20, 2018 1:10 am

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris (Post 29772958)
Tried and get same message too.
Seem when first class is selected the Qmiles needed are not counted / total is same as business class.

Yes, QR has a quirk like that. I've booked CDG-TYO in F/J for 76,000 qmiles before, same as J/J.

ms101 May 20, 2018 1:11 am

Originally Posted by Flying Bosun (Post 29773033)
142500 miles will just cover your 2 legs in J if they are Q2.
You will need 179000Qmiles if F from CDG is x2 and J from DOH is x1.

When mixing classes and/or Qmiles X1 or 2 then the webpage just cant do the math correct but will show a fault message after next step.
In your case you will have to look for a X1 in J from DOH when you want to fly First at doubble Qmiles out from CDG.

Cheers

thanks, but I have booked this sector before and it worked fine :( not sure why it's not working anymore!

ms101 May 21, 2018 9:34 am

Problem has been solved! Much thanks for the replies and attempts to help! Meanwhile QRPC still hasn't got back to me 🙄

Johnnieboy May 21, 2018 10:06 am

I have had the same issue on connecting redemptions and have been in correspondence with QRPC about it for the past month or so. They wrote to me on Friday saying it was fixed, but when I tried to book I got the same error. We have corresponded some more over the weekend and they did seem genuinely sorry (definitely not cut and paste) that I was still having the same problem. Anyway, the route I was looking at is also now booking properly as of today, so hopefully that particular IT problem is now solved!