Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mpkz
Illogical / Impractical:

- It makes more sense to drop down to gold, earn 40 QCredits, then rise up to platinum and earn 60 QCredits than to maintain platinum status
- Lounge guests do not get access to al Mourjan / al Safwa lounges if they aren't traveling in J/F. Lounge guest passes are only valid at DOH's "lesser" lounges. Additional question: Has anyone actually ever used a QR lounge guest pass? Additional question #2 : When are the North Node lounges finally going to be finished? I've seen furniture in them over a year ago.
- Constantly changing lounge access rules
- Once partner flights are credited, they are credited on the date that QR processes it as opposed to the actual travel date. See below for delays in crediting partner flights.
- QR redemptions through partners do grant lounge access whilst QR's own flexible Y class customers who upgrade with miles don't get lounge access (they are surely worth far more to QR than someone spending 40,000 AA miles earned through a credit card on a J redemption)
- (You can only make one change per upgrade, see below for annoying rules): But you can cancel the upgrade and upgrade again the segment plus the new desired segment.
- Flight schedule changes without any notification

Annoying

- Upgrades online are extremely difficult, are processed slowly and availability is generally bad. Call centers no longer processing upgrades. QR moved all these services online, but kept the delivery of online services as crappy as it always was.
​​​​​​​- You can only make an upgrade transaction in advance once per ticket-- redemption and upgrade requests not automated, force customers to send a complicated manually filled form (cancellation or upgrade) or write a message from scratch (change ticket)
- crazy delays up to 1,5 week from Qatar Airways to process redemption and upgrade requests (Qatar Airways advertising a 4 or 5 days delay, which is already way too long)
- It's very hard to find award inventory, but it's very easy to find super cheap business class tickets.
- No AM/AS access for upgrades, policy constantly changing
- Crediting partner flights takes ages.
- Punitive partner redemption rates (which is even more of an issue when there's no QR redemption availability either!)
- Many of the customer service staff are unable to take any initiative and most queries receive a standard canned response
- Showers and toilets in the AM lounge have long lines and are too hot
Print Wikipost

Features I dislike about Privilege Club

Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Features I dislike about Privilege Club

In anticipation of the "Something new is coming to Privilege Club" which has a counter and everything, I thought I'd make this thread. Hopefully "new privilege club" is not an earnings-based system but instead an attempt to competently deliver stuff that other airlines have managed to automate.

Since we currently have a ton of threads where people complain about different things related to QR PC, I thought it would make sense to just make one thread with a list of things as opposed to multiple threads where people can get lost easily. I want this to be different from a complaints thread where people complain and more of a list of common complaints.

A potential classification of problems would be (feel free to come up with more):
Completely illogical and highly impractical
Annoying

Completely illogical / impractical:
- It makes more sense to drop down to gold, earn 40 QCredits, then rise up to platinum and earn 60 QCredits than to maintain platinum status
- Lounge guests do not get access to al Mourjan / al Safwa lounges if they aren't traveling in J/F. Lounge guest passes are only valid at DOH's "lesser" lounges. Additional question: Has anyone actually ever used a QR lounge guest pass? Additional question #2 : When are the North Node lounges finally going to be finished? I've seen furniture in them over a year ago.
- Once partner flights are credited, they are credited on the date that QR processes it as opposed to the actual travel date. See below for delays in crediting partner flights.

Annoying
- Upgrades online are extremely difficult, are processed slowly and availability is generally bad. Call centers no longer processing upgrades. QR moved all these services online, but kept the delivery of online services as crappy as it always was.
- It's very hard to find award inventory, but it's very easy to find super cheap business class tickets.
- Many of the customer service staff are unable to take any initiative and most queries receive a standard canned response
- Showers in the AM lounge have long lines and are too hot
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Great idea! Possibly it should be turned to a Wiki.....
To your question - no I never did use any lounge guest pass.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by mpkz
Annoying
So are the toilets in the morning / evening rush
In my opinion there is very few toilets in the AM lounge, given the size of the lounge and number of people, who have access to.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
I used my lounge guest passes only a couple of time when traveling in Y with a group of friends and was happy to do so. But most of the time these lounge passes expire without using any during a full year...
I would add in the annoying things that not to be able to get an upgrade 2 days before the departure of a A380 with 20 empty seats in J and having to wait to reach DOH to get an airport upgrade instead...
spec119 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: Some
In anticipation of the "Something new is coming to Privilege Club" which has a counter and everything, I thought I'd make this thread. Hopefully "new privilege club" is not an earnings-based system but instead an attempt to competently deliver stuff that other airlines have managed to automate.

Since we currently have a ton of threads where people complain about different things related to QR PC, I thought it would make sense to just make one thread with a list of things as opposed to multiple threads where people can get lost easily. I want this to be different from a complaints thread where people complain and more of a list of common complaints.

A potential classification of problems would be (feel free to come up with more):
Completely illogical and highly impractical
Annoying

Annoying
Would add

- QR redemptions through partners do grant lounge access whilst QR's own flexible Y class customers who upgrade with miles don't get lounge access (they are surely worth far more to QR than someone spending 40,000 AA miles earned through a credit card on a J redemption)

Annoying:
- Punitive partner redemption rates (which is even more of an issue when there's no QR redemption availability either!)
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:06 am
Suspended

Annoying:
You can only make an upgrade transaction in advance once per ticket.

Completely illogical:
But you can cancel the upgrade and upgrade again the segment plus the new desired segment.

​​​​​​
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Annoying

Agree with 99 %
But finding super cheap business class tickets is not something I would complain
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
I'm quite new to QR, but comparing to other airlines the most illogical & annoying is that you cannot automatically manage your booking and upgrade with miles / Qcredits directly / in real time. Why??
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by Gringuito
I'm quite new to QR, but comparing to other airlines the most illogical & annoying is that you cannot automatically manage your booking and upgrade with miles / Qcredits directly / in real time. Why??
Run while you still can and don't have huge miles balance / qcredits you can't use!!!! Fly QR its a nice airline in flight, but credit to other programs!
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by Gringuito
Because Qatar Airways it system is antiquated??
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:00 pm

The showers are my biggest pet peeve, how hard can it be to get some ac going?
AVIATORPJ likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
May not be too relevant here, but someone mentioned the toilets at AM.
I feel sorry for the toilet attendants who follow my visit once I've carried out a transaction.
They seem far too prompt and I feel like they should at least wait a few minutes. Better if their employer would provide them with a face mask as well, even if they may have become accustomed to these environments.
It is a little bit creepy that they follow you around, but I suspect it's part of their training and I just try to be as polite as possible.
I don't like AM. It seems huge and a little underwhelming in terms of the food there - maybe this personal taste.
But what I did find spectacular was getting a quiet pod. This allowed my partner to get a few hours sleep and that was a huge bonus.
The service is highly variable - one server very miserable, while the next could be the nicest man you could meet.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
I don't like account specific promotions that get blogged to death only for them to turn out to be account-specific. Esp when the promotional code for the offer was acceptable to everyone, and included the terms of the promotion. Anyway that boat has sunk. I don't want to bore people to death. I will just credit elsewhere, which, as someone people indicated is maybe better for QR (and me).
As we all know, service onboard is normally great, even if they did ask me if I was flying business for the first time with them (despite 30+ business sectors in the past year)..awkward.

Last edited by RollAnotherFatOne; Mar 27, 2018 at 5:54 pm Reason: misleading semantic
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Annoying:
- impossible to change or cancel redemption tickets online
- impossible to upgrade tickets online
- weak redemption availability
- access to Al Mourjan, Al Safwa, and good outstation lounges forbidden to upgraded tickets
- very expensive partner redemption rates

- impossible to change or cancel redemption tickets on the phone using Qatar Airways call centers
- impossible to upgrade tickets on the phone using Qatar Airways call centers
- impossible to change or cancel redemption tickets on the phone using Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold/Plat priority line
- impossible to upgrade tickets on the phone using Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold/Plat priority line
- redemption and upgrade requests not automated, force customers to send a complicated manually filled form (cancellation or upgrade) or write a message from scratch (change ticket)
- crazy delays up to 1,5 week from Qatar Airways to process redemption and upgrade requests (Qatar Airways advertising a 4 or 5 days delay, which is already way too long)
synd likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
It is a little bit creepy that they follow you around, but I suspect it's part of their training....
Completely agree with both points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.