Wiki Posts
Search

impossible to upgrade via Q Credits

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Interesting, thanks! Watching the roll out with interest
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by purple1addict
Interesting, thanks! Watching the roll out with interest
The problem is not how to do, the problem is to find availability for upgrades and that is ongoing very hard to achieve, at least on my routes and desired upgrade class (first in this case).
synd likes this.

Last edited by Traveller999; Mar 30, 2018 at 5:14 am
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Instant upgrades, like described by Crisu69, have been around for many years but as always with QR IT, not on a regular basis : sometimes you are able to process instant upgrade (as far as I rememeber it was also possible to put your upgrade request on a waiting list if there was no availability at that time) and sometimes not, without any logical reason. It's the same for flight cancelations : sometimes you can instantly cancel your flight and get an immediat refund, and sometimes you just get the form to fill and wait many weeks before your cancelation request is processed.
That's QR IT constant inconsistency...
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:30 pm

I felt fortunate to use my 60 Qcredits at the airport on 2 flights last week and QR just sent me an email offer to upgrade the same return flights for USD 1000 total. That was my final long-haul Y booking for 2018 ;-)

Last year I ended up with 15 Qcredits that were essentially worthless.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by saint77
I felt fortunate to use my 60 Qcredits at the airport on 2 flights last week and QR just sent me an email offer to upgrade the same return flights for USD 1000 total. That was my final long-haul Y booking for 2018 ;-)

Last year I ended up with 15 Qcredits that were essentially worthless.
I feel that I´ll end up with 25 worthless QCredits this year as if I will get an upgrade BKK - DOH, which will require 35 QCredits - and on my other routes no upgrade below 30 QCredits is available.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveller999
I feel that I´ll end up with 25 worthless QCredits this year as if I will get an upgrade BKK - DOH, which will require 35 QCredits - and on my other routes no upgrade below 30 QCredits is available.
BKK-Doha is not 35 QCredits but 30, so you will not end up with 25 "worthless" QCredits but 30, which is enough for one more upgrade and you end with 0 QCredits

PS: All upgrades between EU-Doha are only 25 QCredits

Last edited by Crisu69; Mar 31, 2018 at 1:19 am
Old Mar 31, 2018, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by Crisu69
BKK-Doha is not 35 QCredits but 30, so you will not end up with 25 "worthless" QCredits but 30, which is enough for one more upgrade and you end with 0 QCredits

PS: All upgrades between EU-Doha are only 25 QCredits
hey cool - thank you for that information!
now you can see, how long i did not get an upgrade ;-)
I addition, as I fly mainly business, the choice of flights with first for upgrade is limited...
Again thank you very much - I’ll try my luck again and again and again....
Old Mar 31, 2018, 4:41 am

hey cool - thank you for that information!
now you can see, how long i did not get an upgrade ;-)
I addition, as I fly mainly business, the choice of flights with first for upgrade is limited...
upgrade to first at airport in bkk should work. In advance its not open now but on departure day for sure.

PS: Since i upgraded a friend with success with my miles some days ago and before anyone loose his miles or Qcredits, i would be happy if someone would upgrade me in future ;-)
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Last night (Sat 3/31) on BKK-DOH's flight 833, I was able to upgrade from J to F at the airport. I checked in about 2 hours before the flight and it was showing F1 P1 A1 on EF.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I start the upgrade request same like you: Log into my PC account, choose the upgrade funktion on the dasboard and then the above window open already with real time upgrade

But i know now what´s different with my upgrade request: i have done the upgrade not for my trip but for a friend´s booking and wanted to use my miles

if i try to upgrade my own trip then the "old style" window open where you can choose ALL upgrades leg by leg no matter there is Q1 or Q2 availability. with this old system it then takes some days until you receive a response.

I dont understand the logic: for own upgrades you still have to wait some days while upgrades for friend´s accout it is done real time online.

if it stays like this its a disadvantage to the previous upgrade process where you could do the upgrade real time on the phone what is now not possible anymore.
Update 3 (April 2nd): Logged into my account on the March 31st and saw that Qmiles had been deducted and the upgrade processed. However QR had not mailed me yet. They mailed me on April 2nd confirming that the upgrade had been approved and that I need to log into my account to re-issue the ticket by April 3rd. Another example of inefficiency - the upgrade was technically approved on March 31st (as that's when my Qmiles were deducted) but it took QR till April 2nd to mail me about it and ask me to re-issue the ticket.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:33 am

Just received rejections for requested C to F upgrades for both DOH-SYD and SYD-DOH. EF shows F cabin completely empty on both flights.
I would absolutely understand if QR would block reward availability on flights with expected high loads, but this is just discouraging.
Traveller999 likes this.

Last edited by makrom; Apr 3, 2018 at 9:32 am
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:15 am

if i not remember worong your flight in J from BKK to Doha was today and you wanted to try to upgrade to first at BKK airport

you did it?
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by makrom
Just received rejections for requested C to F upgrades for both DOH-SYD and SYD-DOH. EF shows F cabin completely empty on both flights.
I would absolutely understand if QR would block reward availability on flights with expected high loads, but this is just discouraging.
Current QRPC policy appears to be upgrades in advance will only be approved if x1 Qmiles availability exists for the flight and unfortunately almost all A380 F x1 availability was mysteriously taken down a month or so ago and has yet to reappear (there was never much of it to SYD in the first place, sadly!).

Would be nice to have an explanation from QR as to what exactly is going on with F redemption availability, but I doubt we'll get it!

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Apr 3, 2018 at 9:52 am
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation

Would be nice to have an explanation from QR as to what exactly is going on with F redemption availability, but I doubt we'll get it!
For some reason they make F upgrades only available at airport on depature, what is still possible according to the postings in the few past from other members which upgraded to first at airport.

well, i dont understand this but at least they got the upgread even if late and not in advance, what everybody would of course prefere.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: Some
For some reason they make F upgrades only available at airport on depature, what is still possible according to the postings in the few past from other members which upgraded to first at airport.

well, i dont understand this but at least they got the upgread even if late and not in advance, what everybody would of course prefere.
Agree that's better than nothing, but doesn't help if either i) you want to make a 100% redemption rather than an upgrade or ii) want Al Safwa access!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.