FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Just booked QR ticket but birthdate is wrong (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1898036-just-booked-qr-ticket-but-birthdate-wrong.html)

Bedry Mar 10, 2018 9:59 am

Just booked QR ticket but birthdate is wrong

I bought ticket for my child and put his birth daye wrong, what shoud i do now 🙏🏻🙏🏻 I will travel on 2 april

Lost Mar 10, 2018 10:16 am

Call up the airline's reservations number and let them know what happened. I don't know if they will change it, but it doesn't hurt to call and ask.

Some tickets can be canceled within 24 hours of booking with no charge, even if non refundable. So you could cancel and rebook.

Which airline? And did you book directly with the airline or another website? International or domestic route?

Often1 Mar 10, 2018 10:53 am

If this is a US carrier, by law you have 24 hours to cancel for a full refund.

Thus, when you call, it is likely that the carrier makes the change for you. But, if it won't, you have the cancellation backup.

Bedry Mar 10, 2018 10:58 am

I booked woth qatar airways, how i can cancel if i i paid already? I cannot call because office is closed, and tmrw is sunday 😥😥

Bedry Mar 10, 2018 11:00 am

then that is internationl flight, i booked online at qatar airways page

Originally Posted by lost (Post 29507997)
call up the airline's reservations number and let them know what happened. I don't know if they will change it, but it doesn't hurt to call and ask.

Some tickets can be canceled within 24 hours of booking with no charge, even if non refundable. So you could cancel and rebook.

Which airline? And did you book directly with the airline or another website? International or domestic route?

​​​​​​​

kalderlake Mar 10, 2018 11:44 am

Perhaps the Qatar support twitter?

SK AAR Mar 10, 2018 12:40 pm

This can be rectified at check-in? It can't be the first time that pax have entered wrong date and I somehow doubt that these tickets are cancelled /lead to no-fly situation.

skywardhunter Mar 10, 2018 12:48 pm

Just log into Manage My Booking on the QR website and change the DOB, it's part of the passport info/APIS and should be able to be modified. This shouldn't be much of an issue. Also how big is the error? One can book a flight entirely without entering a date of birth AFAIK

Bedry Mar 10, 2018 7:04 pm

I have try at manage booking, but tjere cannot change any personal info

SK AAR Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

OK but most likely the check-in agent will swipe the passport of your child at check-in and override any information already entered. This is unlikely to cause any issues at check-in as the agent will be able to rectify the date.

beckoa Mar 12, 2018 12:15 am

Welcome to Flyertalk @Bedry.

Please follow the redirect as we send this to our QR forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk

plunet Mar 12, 2018 2:24 am

If the QR phone number in your country is closed, try QR numbers in other countries (think of which timezones are business hours) or call HQ on Doha which is 24hrs.

Don't try the UK number, on my experience they never answer within 30mins.
​​​​​Use something like Skype or another Internet based telephone service to minimise cost of the international phone call.

piotrger Mar 12, 2018 7:27 am

If the manage my booking on QR website doesn't show the APIS option, look up the reservation on Qantas website and it will let you fill/change all the APIS info (done it myself).

Bedry Mar 12, 2018 9:54 pm

Hi everyone, thank you for your help, i just tweeted to qatar airways, and they already update my child birthday

IAN-UK Mar 13, 2018 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Bedry (Post 29517738)
Hi everyone, thank you for your help, i just tweeted to qatar airways, and they already update my child birthday

Good to hear. Sometimes QR surprises. I was thinking it might be easier just change your child's official birth record....