Search

QR returns to Gatwick

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
QR returns to Gatwick

QR returning to LGW wef 22 May 2018:

https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2018/03/07/qatar-airways-return-london-gatwick/
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:20 am

Starting with two flights a day as well, they must think there is a lot of pent up demand
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:39 am

Hopefully some award availability as well. Just like there is a decent amount for Cardiff but pretty much none for everywhere else in the UK!
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by impeymac
QR returning to LGW wef 22 May 2018:
Any idea what the QR LGW lounge arrangements will be?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: Some
Thumbs up from me!

I get the impression the only reason the BA LHR-DOH service is being kept alive under the JBA is to effectively give QR access to another slot at LHR.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:08 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
Starting with two flights a day as well, they must think there is a lot of pent up demand
If you look at how well EK do from LGW, it's easy to see why QR feel they could take some of that custom.

M
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

Any idea what the QR LGW lounge arrangements will be?
I can't find any details at the moment.

Previously at LGW QR lounge shared, with US airways IIRC. That won't happen again obviously but I suspect something along the lines of the No1 lounge, same as BHX is probable?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
It will be interesting to see the pricing, the LHR flights have gone up considerably recently. If its the South terminal, they can use the BA lounge
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:13 am

I can't find any details at the moment.

Previously at LGW QR lounge shared, with US airways IIRC. That won't happen again obviously but I suspect something along the lines of the No1 lounge, same as BHX is probable?

Yes I think it was US Air when they were using the south terminal, but it was one of the contract lounges when they switched to the north terminal (Aspire?). You'd think BA's new lounges might be the obvious choice if they will be operating out of south terminal again, but QR do often seem to use a different lounge for J passengers than Y passengers might gain access to with oneworld status, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It seems a long overdue and welcome return to LGW to me, and good to see they are going for it with two flights. As msm2000k says, emirates do well operating from both LHR and LGW, and with the expanded BA westbound traffic from LGW recently, they are hopefully back to stay
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by escape2sun
It will be interesting to see the pricing, the LHR flights have gone up considerably recently. If its the South terminal, they can use the BA lounge
it's already on sale seems to be 787
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
IB and CX use the N°1 Lounge. BA has J and F lounges.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: EK skywards Gold, BA, VS silver
Just tried a dummy booking LGW/SYD in December and while it appears that there are flights from LGW to Doha it looks as if the incoming flights are all to LHR with a bus transfer to LGW - or maybe they have not yet updated that bit of the booking machine!!
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:25 pm

I would not expect LGW-DOH to be a one-way route.
JudeS likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by JudeS
Just tried a dummy booking LGW/SYD in December and while it appears that there are flights from LGW to Doha it looks as if the incoming flights are all to LHR with a bus transfer to LGW - or maybe they have not yet updated that bit of the booking machine!!
I noticed in December all options were bus connecting but was offering direct flights during May to June I'm guessing not fully integrated in timetable
Old Mar 7, 2018, 10:01 pm

Lots of award availability showing up (was looking at early August)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.