Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing enhanced member experience

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
3 days for me
Lucky you, from what i experienced myself and see in this forum many qrpc members are left without answer for 10-15 days.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old May 5, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
Work-Shy - take a screenshot of the page showing the flights are available, and another of the following page showing the error code, and then email both to the membersvc address, or go through the "contact us" dialogue from your dashboard. Worked for me.
Sadly, I tried that and I get the same moronic reply:

Please note that due to non-availablity of redemption seats you are not able to select flight to process an award booking...

Despite sending screenshots of the booking pages/process and explaining that each leg is available separately, I have got nowhere! I wish they could grasp that the website does not work and offer a decent solution.
Old May 6, 2018, 3:35 am

Each leg being available separately doesn't always mean that they want to sell them as a matched pair or connection of course. This applies to revenue tickets as well as redemptions.

If in your example your screenshot showed the whole connecting journey available as one single ticket/routing and it then reported an error when you tried to book that (as it did for me) then I'm not sure what else to suggest as sending them the screenshots worked for me. Is booking each sector separately not an option for you?

I agree with you though, the IT is very buggy at the moment. Given that some people have reported improvements recently with things like online cabin upgrade requests it does appear that some form of an IT system upgrade is in progress, but it is taking a long time and some functions have become impaired in the process.
Work-Shy likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
Each leg being available separately doesn't always mean that they want to sell them as a matched pair or connection of course. This applies to revenue tickets as well as redemptions.

If in your example your screenshot showed the whole connecting journey available as one single ticket/routing and it then reported an error when you tried to book that (as it did for me) then I'm not sure what else to suggest as sending them the screenshots worked for me. Is booking each sector separately not an option for you?

I agree with you though, the IT is very buggy at the moment. Given that some people have reported improvements recently with things like online cabin upgrade requests it does appear that some form of an IT system upgrade is in progress, but it is taking a long time and some functions have become impaired in the process.
That's exactly why it's such a shame Qatar Airways doesn't process redemption requests on the phone anymore...
Traveller999 likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: QR Plat
I just attempted to upgrade a leg with QCredits, and was swiftly and efficiently told by the RPC website to go fish.

The one thing that struck me is this:

Previously there has been a very high degree of people being able to get things done through employees that maybe weren't up to date on the latest restrutions, or agents bending rules to get the obvious solutions done, etc.
Now that we are heading for a world where all of this is automated and by the rules, there is going to be a net loss in goodwill from the travellers of QR, as there is no longer this buffer og being able to get things done, and management in QR are now going to see how customers feel when being completely stuck to the book by a computer, warts and faults inclusive. I wonder if they will be able to see this change through without a wider revolt.

-A
spec119 and Traveller999 like this.
Old May 6, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
It's such a shame despite the enhancements I do love the service on QR in the air I recently tried booking a revenue ticket from London to Bangkok the cheapest tickets available that were suitable for upgrading etc were V class

at least in the old days you could argue about savers sold in promotion bucket so it was almost Ł900 for a ticket that's under Ł700 on EK
Old May 8, 2018, 1:10 am

Latest "enhancement" as of today, mandatory Qatar Airways android app update erases all upcoming trips from my app, and impossible to reinstate these...

Well done once again Qatar Airways IT dept 😎
Old May 8, 2018, 7:13 am

Even worst now, no mo​​​re access to QRPC account through the Qatar Airways android app. ...
Old May 8, 2018, 7:26 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
Good question. I cancelled 2 award bookings April 22 2018. Got the usual.........."Thank you for submitting your refund request. Since you indicated this is a Privilege Club Redemption booking, we have forwarded your case to our Privilege Club department, who will respond to you within 5 working days. You may contact them directly at [email protected]"

Nothing has happened since
Still nothing has happened. Flights are later this month. I wasn’t sure I had done the right thing by crediting my current bookings to BAEC from herein....but now......
Old May 8, 2018, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Still nothing has happened. Flights are later this month. I wasn’t sure I had done the right thing by crediting my current bookings to BAEC from herein....but now......
So 16 days without an answer from Qatar Airways, and counting, nice way to treat a QRPC Platinum member ...
Old May 8, 2018, 10:03 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
So 16 days without an answer from Qatar Airways, and counting, nice way to treat a QRPC Platinum member ...
Indeed. Its really pathetic & SO EASY to fix
Old May 9, 2018, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR platinum
Smile Cancellation award

I cancelled award ticket for a co passenger last Monday 7th may evening (european time), requested to pay the fee with qrcredits .
i just (may 9th) received email confirming the cancellation and the reposit of my miles on my account, payment of the payed taxes.
the fee was payed with 15 qcredits. (Would have expired any way , I have now 5 Qcredits left)

every thing done online, so for me this was a quick proces, Cancelled flights were for may 11th.

Last edited by beepee; May 9, 2018 at 10:58 pm Reason: Date
Old May 9, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Cancelled 2 award ticket on April 29th still no news...
Old May 11, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Is this a joke ?

Qatar Airways Privilege Club Named ‘Best Rewards Programme’ in the Middle East, Asia and Oceania Region by Flyer Talk Awards

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...Press-releases
Old May 11, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
Is this a joke ?

Qatar Airways Privilege Club Named ‘Best Rewards Programme’ in the Middle East, Asia and Oceania Region by Flyer Talk Awards

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...Press-releases
This goes to show how serious the FT/QR forum's champagne thread is. People are drinking too much.

-A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.