Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing enhanced member experience

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by tartempion

ticket finally got cancelled 5 days before travel.
now 2 days before cancelled trip and no sign of refund.
sorry QR, but my reaction is I bought 2 TK J tickets to BRU, one for May travel the other for September travel.
I'm guessing a lot of us have abandoned QR to other carriersc
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by kl1987
This is the exact problem I reported and the same pathetic response I received. Not addressing the website issue/error just saying award upgrades are limited bla bla bla... and explaining the upgrade procedure using the QR dashboard.
I have just gone through the same process, I however was on the phone with a really nice CSA from QR who confirmed lots of seats available for upgrade UTP - DOH - I spent three days back & forth by the write to us form on website, they just kept telling me no availability but I can upgrade at airport, I was trying to use my 60 Qcredits and then my Q miles, website is in a error mode that just takes you round and around.

My gripe is that leaving the upgrade to the day of departure results in no access to Al Mourjan lounge despite being a QR Platinum, I suspect that this is a deliberate glitch. I then cancelled the ticket and when I got a reply they actually said "You cannot upgrade a ticket that has been cancelled" Looks like upgrading at the Airport is now the only way to use those Q credits as nobody will assist on the telephone.

They will not / cannot acknowledge any issue with the upgrade portal on the website, I am so pleased I found this thread as I was beginning to think it was just me!
Sisyphus1carus likes this.

Last edited by no7agency; Apr 16, 2018 at 12:05 pm
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by no7agency
I have just gone through the same process, I however was on the phone with a really nice CSA from QR who confirmed lots of seats available for upgrade UTP - DOH - I spent three days back & forth by the write to us form on website, they just kept telling me no availability but I can upgrade at airport, I was trying to use my 60 Qcredits and then my Q miles, website is in a error mode that just takes you round and around.

My gripe is that leaving the upgrade to the day of departure results in no access to Al Mourjan lounge despite being a QR Platinum, I suspect that this is a deliberate glitch. I then cancelled the ticket and when I got a reply they actually said "You cannot upgrade a ticket that has been cancelled" Looks like upgrading at the Airport is now the only way to use those Q credits as nobody will assist on the telephone.

They will not / cannot acknowledge any issue with the upgrade portal on the website, I am so pleased I found this thread as I was beginning to think it was just me!
Even upgrades in advance won't give you access to AM. Welcome to the new and enhanced QR! Upgrading at the airport also cost you more Qcredits if you want to upgrade two segments....
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by no7agency

The website is full of bug, i bought a one way then tried to upgrade online with qcredits, but I cannot do it, selection was greyed out for qcredit but available for miles.
5 mins later all my bookings disapear from my profile
I sent email to qrpc to upgrade me with qcredits.

24h later tried my profile again, all my old booking back, tried to upgrade online again my one way and success !!
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Originally Posted by tartempion

ticket finally got cancelled 5 days before travel.
now 2 days before cancelled trip and no sign of refund.
sorry QR, but my reaction is I bought 2 TK J tickets to BRU, one for May travel the other for September travel.

I now received a mail stating full refund is under way....
Old May 1, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Another disappointing customer experience with Qatar Airways Privilege Club: as of today i get an error message if i try to redeem a 2 segment ticket A>doh>B even if each segment is available.
Has anyone the same error message (says "unable to find recommendations... try another date")?
Hope it's only a bug in QRPC reservation system....
Enhanced members experience they say ?!?

Last edited by Alfredbali; May 1, 2018 at 11:56 am
Old May 1, 2018, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Another disappointing customer experience with Qatar Airways Privilege Club: as of today i get an error message if i try to redeem a 2 segment ticket A>doh>B even if each segment is available.
Has anyone the same error message (says "unable to find recommendations... try another date")?
Hope it's only a bug in QRPC reservation system....
Enhanced members experience they say ?!?

Yes I've had that. Got to the page that showed the flights I wanted, selected them, but when I clicked at the bottom to book, it took me to the error page.

I contacted QRPC, they asked for a screenshot so they could investigate the error and honoured the redemption.

It is clear from various threads on here that there is a major system upgrade in progress, and it has been very buggy for a few months. We can debate the merits of whether that should have been implemented when it wasn't fully sorted, but they will put things right for you. I have had reason to contact QRPC several times this year so far and and have a positive outcome each time.

Just don't expect them to do something completely un-Arab (esp at a time when they are effectively under attack from their neighbours) and lose face by admitting a mistake...
Old May 2, 2018, 12:51 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
Yes I've had that. Got to the page that showed the flights I wanted, selected them, but when I clicked at the bottom to book, it took me to the error page.

I contacted QRPC, they asked for a screenshot so they could investigate the error and honoured the redemption.

It is clear from various threads on here that there is a major system upgrade in progress, and it has been very buggy for a few months. We can debate the merits of whether that should have been implemented when it wasn't fully sorted, but they will put things right for you. I have had reason to contact QRPC several times this year so far and and have a positive outcome each time.

Just don't expect them to do something completely un-Arab (esp at a time when they are effectively under attack from their neighbours) and lose face by admitting a mistake...
How did you contact QRPC? My latest experience when i contacted them by email was a very llong 10 days without any feedback...
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Alfredbali
How did you contact QRPC? My latest experience when i contacted them by email was a very llong 10 days without any feedback...
I contacted them about this particular issue through the "contact us" dialogue from my dashboard, selecting "redemption" from the list of options. They replied in 2-3 days.

I also had reason to email them about something else last week at the membersvc email address and received a detailed reply to that within a couple of hours (which did surprise me).

Whether the person at the other end is actually in a position to give you the outcome you want may be another issue of course...
Traveller999 and Alfredbali like this.
Old May 2, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
How fast does QR cancel a award ticket ?
Old May 2, 2018, 9:32 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by no_idea
Good question. I cancelled 2 award bookings April 22 2018. Got the usual.........."Thank you for submitting your refund request. Since you indicated this is a Privilege Club Redemption booking, we have forwarded your case to our Privilege Club department, who will respond to you within 5 working days. You may contact them directly at [email protected]"

Nothing has happened since
Old May 3, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
I am banging my head against the wall trying to book a redemption but the creaky website just falls over and I get an unhelpful error message. The Twitter support team are useless (perhaps an import from the comically bad Etihad Twitter clowns) and just say to e-mail [email protected]. Any ideas?
Old May 3, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by no_idea
3 days for me
Old May 3, 2018, 5:38 am

Work-Shy - take a screenshot of the page showing the flights are available, and another of the following page showing the error code, and then email both to the membersvc address, or go through the "contact us" dialogue from your dashboard. Worked for me.
Work-Shy likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
Work-Shy - take a screenshot of the page showing the flights are available, and another of the following page showing the error code, and then email both to the membersvc address, or go through the "contact us" dialogue from your dashboard. Worked for me.
I must say that they take extremely long to resolve any IT issues. At least that was my experience. I sent them the screenshots of the errors I was encountering back in Nov and the issue was resolved in April! I hope it doesn't take so long anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.