Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing enhanced member experience

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by Flying Bosun
Yes and also with PG. USM-SIN-USM for 20 000 Qmiles. Very good value for us who knows the usual pricing to/from Koh Samui. The only downturn was the heavy surcharges of 140Us$ but thats out of QR control.
Trip was early Feb,booked on web,confirmation of reserved seat on my dates a few hours later in mailbox. Had to call ticketoffice( i went for Hong Kong) for info regarding surcharges and give details of CC for payment.
All was very smooth.
I think revenue flight is only gbp59 so might just keep the mileage maybe QRPC will one day wake up and smell the coffee
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by MikeFly
Quick recap, I'm trying to do an QMiles upgrade from J to F on the DOH-BKK sector of a reservation that is JFK-DOH-BKK. After checking numerous times it finally shows available.
I check just hte DOH - BKK leg, website says no I must check both legs. Odd since there is no F from JFK-DOH but I do it anyway. No I get an error saying can't upgrade JFK-DOh, of course not. It turned into a circular argument. I contacted the help center and they can't help per new the rules.

Thank you for writing to Privilege club.
Our sincere apologies for the delay in replying to you.
We have gone through your email and we are sorry to learn of your disappointment. Please be informed that we have checked the availability for your journey from Doha to Bangkok dated 29-Mar-2018 under booking reference XXXXX Unfortunately, redemption seats for upgrade to first class are currently unavailable hence we are unable to process your request. (NOT WHAT I WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT)
Please note, as per current schedule our flight QR702 from New York to Doha does not operate First class. We are operating only Economy and Business class for this flight. (NO KIDDING)
We regret to inform you we are unable to process your upgrade request as First class is not operated in your desired flight for this flight as per current schedule. ( I WAS NOT ASKING YOU TO - SEEING THE ROOT OF THE WEB BUG IN THIS SENTENCE)
Kindly note that redemption seats are always subject to available and fluctuates without prior notice and revenue booking availability differs from redemption availability. So, there will always be variation in the availability for the same.
In some cases, seats may become available later due to booking cancellations. To enhance your Privilege Club experience (MY BOLDING)and extend best upgrade opportunities, we have introduced the facility to upgrade your flight when departing from certain Airports, using QMiles or QCredits.
The list of Airports and more information is available on this link: https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...e-airport.html.
Redemption seats are limited and capacity controlled, hence there are limitations on the number of seats available for redemption on any given flight. Certain days/periods may have no award seat availability; this is a global industry practice and is a function of flight forecast. (WHO KNEW?,<sarc>)
Further, effective 11th March 18 we have moved all our redemption related services online.
Kindly follow the below steps to submit your award ticket request.
· Visit www.qmiles.com
· Login to you Privilege Club Account
· Go to your Redeem Qmiles & Qcredits
· Click on Redeem with Partners
· Select your preferred carrier, sectors, date
· Submit the request
Upon receipt, we will process your request and revert with the next steps to pay and collect your ticket. (I DIDN'T ASK ABOUT THIS STONE AGE PROCEDURE)

I'm just amazed that an airline that can perform with the best of them in the air - gets the rest of it so wrong.
This is the exact problem I reported and the same pathetic response I received. Not addressing the website issue/error just saying award upgrades are limited bla bla bla... and explaining the upgrade procedure using the QR dashboard.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by kl1987
This is the exact problem I reported and the same pathetic response I received. Not addressing the website issue/error just saying award upgrades are limited bla bla bla... and explaining the upgrade procedure using the QR dashboard.
totally agree they are just not paying attention to email content
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by spec119
totally agree they are just not paying attention to email content
So to sum it up:

_ Qatar Airways new policy force you (even if you're Gold or Plat member), to send email for all QRPC related requests,
_ And doesn't pay attention to the content of the email their customer write.

As some have pointed out, this "enhanced members experience" is:
_A stone age procedure,
_A statement of total disrespect for Qatar Airways most faithful customers.
synd, diamantaire and Traveller999 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
So to sum it up:

_ Qatar Airways new policy force you (even if you're Gold or Plat member), to send email for all QRPC related requests,
_ And doesn't pay attention to the content of the email their customer write.

As some have pointed out, this "enhanced members experience" is:
_A stone age procedure,
_A statement of total disrespect for Qatar Airways most faithful customers.
I've grown fond of just calling them "the Norwegian of the sandbox". QR is for all purposes an LCC in terms of service, and even their business class is just a gilded place to receive the same service.

-A
diamantaire likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:08 am

Even booking with partner airlines same bs

Thank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.

We apologize for the delay in replying to you and appreciate your patience.

We have checked the availability for you and Ms.xxxxxx xxxxx journey from Bangkok to Chinag Mai for travel on 19-Jun-2018 in Economy class on our partner Bangkok Airways.

Unfortunately, redemption seats are currently unavailable hence, we are unable to process your request.

As redemption seats are limited per flight and are subject to availability, it may change should any cancellations occur. If you wish to check the availability again, you can raise another request by logging in to your account on www.qmiles.com.

Please ensure you submit your request minimum 96 hours (4 days) prior to your intended date of travel.

Redemption seats are limited and capacity controlled, hence there are limitations on the number of seats available for redemption on any given flight.

Do let us know if we can assist you any further.

Sincerely,

Chetna Patil

Privilege Club Team

www.qmiles.com
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by spec119
As redemption seats are limited per flight and are subject to availability, it may change should any cancellations occur. If you wish to check the availability again, you can raise another request by logging in to your account on www.qmiles.com.
Is this true? Has it changed lately? I thought a subsequent online upgrade request for the same flight would result in an error message saying an upgrade has already been requested for that flight...
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by purple1addict

Is this true? Has it changed lately? I thought a subsequent online upgrade request for the same flight would result in an error message saying an upgrade has already been requested for that flight...
it seems ft members have more knowledge than QR staff it seems odd PG were offering for sale cheaper fare buckets but the process of booking with partner airlines is even more antiquated than QR flights you can't even select specific flights it's I.t. of 1999
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I requested a date change, they got back to me exactly 1.5 weeks later..... Very enhanced experience indeed.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by ms101
I requested a date change, they got back to me exactly 1.5 weeks later..... Very enhanced experience indeed.
Uh uh.... Even worst service than promised...
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Uh uh.... Even worst service than promised...
As they not treat any request for upgrade or redemption tickets anymore, they probably did cut the number of employees in that department as well. Anyway, if you count the different names in answers to mails to QRPC, it seems that they only had a few already in the past....
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:05 pm

Angry

Originally Posted by ms101
How did you proceed to send the date change request on a redemption ticket?
I don t see any button or link on my "manage my booking" page....
Only link i can see is a "cancel booking link" directing to a very prehistoric form....
Old Mar 25, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Another useless upgrade attempt from my side. For the last month there has been upgrade availability in J for a particular route I'm soon flying. But stupid me only requested it a week ago. Nevertheless, Customer Service took 4 days to respond to my request and by that time availability had disappeared and they sent the same response as many of you have reported. I sent back a howler, not that is going to change anything, but their service is just so poor that I felt the need to. It was so strange though - there was availability till the morning of their response and then it disappeared shortly before I got the email from them. I'm sure it's coincidental but it felt like the processing of the request triggered the seat being pulled from redemption inventory.
synd, Ursa81 and Traveller999 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:58 am

Currently trying to cancel an award ticket (i need the miles credited asap as i found 1x level redemption i want to book)...

I sent the antiquated refund form from the website yesterday,
promptly received an automated email answer showing this: "Since you indicated this is a Privilege Club Redemption booking, we have forwarded your case to our Privilege Club department, who will respond to you within 5 working days. You may contact them directly at [email protected]"

I m not satisfied at all with the 5 working days delay (all the more as QRPC Plat i expect fast efficient service...)

I called Qatar Airways priority line in Doha asking the agent to speed up the refund process, agent promised to send a message to qrpc, as he couldn't process the refund himself.

For good measure i sent an email to QRPC directly, asking them to speed up the refund.

​​​​​​Will report how it goes here.
Ursa81 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:03 pm

May I know where did you found the other flight you want to book? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.