Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing enhanced member experience

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Got the same email here, and once my eyes read "our continued efforts to enhance..." my eyes glazed over and mentally filed it as "something is going to crap again".

-A
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
It started with upgraded tickets no longer giving access to Al Mourjan. The new system is in fact the end of properly using Q Credits by phone..now it seems the ticket has to be issued first..and then you may request an upgrade using Q Credits..so no more chance with a longer time horizon to seach for U class availability with one of their nice staff members on the phone. And of course the problem of 2x Qmiles is aggravated, as you do not have any longer the chance to flexibly search for a later date with the advertised miles requirements. If I understand all this correctily this makes PC one of THE WORST LOYALTY PROGRAMMES available and I am beginning to regret that I collected half a million miles there. How do they say on the bourse? Dont throw good money after bad money..I shall remember at future bookings.
synd and Traveller999 like this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
Example: you order on Monday and your ticket will be issued Thursday. Thus, you must book the award at least 96 hours before your departure (similar to the new Alaska Airlines policy). However, this is just my interpretation, I could easily be completely wrong.
The question is simply: does it mean "latest" 96 hours b4 departure or "within" 96 hours b4 departure???
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by hotwingz
Indeed, I imagine it being even worse...
"sorry, we can't fulfill your request at this time, but please check at the airport at check-in" --> "sorry, this airport does not have the authority to process upgrades"
Originally Posted by homer3152
The question is simply: does it mean "latest" 96 hours b4 departure or "within" 96 hours b4 departure???
it says ”... can only be issued 96 hours (4 days) from the date of your request.” - pretty clear but however, another trick to not grant you an upgrade or redemption ticket.
These “enhancements” coming continuously now, are making the QRPC to a no go anymore. I did book my next business class trips with Thai, Lufthansa and Emirates already and even cheaper (not a lot but a little bit at least) than with QR...
synd likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:48 pm

What impact will this have, if any, on the already terrible award availability?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
What impact will this have, if any, on the already terrible award availability?
i would say, a negative one, because not one of the so called “enhancements” in the past 3 years was of benefit for the customer
synd, GalaxyChris and iluvdoco like this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
By reading about their 'enhancements' on the QR website, it seems like all the services aren't really moving online across the chain. It'll all still be processed offline by QR but to reduce call volume, QRPC members will have to use the '‘Write to us’ page in many cases. What a joke! Actually I'm not surprised - their IT systems are very bad. The IT error I received on their website and complained about in Nov still hasn't been resolved. I'm not sure if it's the ineptitude of their IT teams or just management not caring about the IT systems.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:10 am
sam

Programs: Qantas Gold; BA Silver; Virgin Australia Platinum; Virgin Atlantic Gold
Sent request for o/w redemption on Friday. Was confirmed today (Monday). Confirmation email did not tell me cost of taxes or charges. Twitter team will not help and tell me to call Qatar as there is no number in oz. it cost au$2 / minute to call Qatar
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
If they move things 'online' to enhance member experience they should atleast have a 24/7 online live chat option for members, so you can still get live feedback on bookings..
Which they don't offer and probably never will, so yeah, all in all an enhancement à la British Airways.

Shame.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by sam
Sent request for o/w redemption on Friday. Was confirmed today (Monday). Confirmation email did not tell me cost of taxes or charges. Twitter team will not help and tell me to call Qatar as there is no number in oz. it cost au$2 / minute to call Qatar
At least the call center could process redemptions and upgrades all at once, from my experience i don't think Qatar Airways is ready to process efficiently online requests at present.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by beepee
• Award ticket date changes
Can anyone point me to where it can be done online? I only found a link to cancellation/refund
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
From what i understand, you ll send you change request as a message, online, and you should get an answer within 4 days.......
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
From what i understand, you ll send you change request as a message, online, and you should get an answer within 4 days.......
Really that quickly
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by spec119
Really that quickly
I like that Sarkasm - really well done!
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I understand the reason for rewards ticket redemption being moved online only is due to alleged fraud that had been occurring in the QR office. :/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.