Introducing enhanced member experience

Old May 3, 18, 6:56 am
  #136  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Posts: 308
Originally Posted by toastedcafe View Post
3 days for me
Lucky you, from what i experienced myself and see in this forum many qrpc members are left without answer for 10-15 days.
Traveller999 likes this.
Alfredbali is offline  
Old May 5, 18, 12:47 pm
  #137  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: UK
Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
Work-Shy - take a screenshot of the page showing the flights are available, and another of the following page showing the error code, and then email both to the membersvc address, or go through the "contact us" dialogue from your dashboard. Worked for me.
Sadly, I tried that and I get the same moronic reply:

Please note that due to non-availablity of redemption seats you are not able to select flight to process an award booking...

Despite sending screenshots of the booking pages/process and explaining that each leg is available separately, I have got nowhere! I wish they could grasp that the website does not work and offer a decent solution.
Work-Shy is offline  
Old May 6, 18, 3:35 am
  #138  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 793
Each leg being available separately doesn't always mean that they want to sell them as a matched pair or connection of course. This applies to revenue tickets as well as redemptions.

If in your example your screenshot showed the whole connecting journey available as one single ticket/routing and it then reported an error when you tried to book that (as it did for me) then I'm not sure what else to suggest as sending them the screenshots worked for me. Is booking each sector separately not an option for you?

I agree with you though, the IT is very buggy at the moment. Given that some people have reported improvements recently with things like online cabin upgrade requests it does appear that some form of an IT system upgrade is in progress, but it is taking a long time and some functions have become impaired in the process.
Work-Shy likes this.
Johnnieboy is offline  
Old May 6, 18, 5:50 am
  #139  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Posts: 308
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
Each leg being available separately doesn't always mean that they want to sell them as a matched pair or connection of course. This applies to revenue tickets as well as redemptions.

If in your example your screenshot showed the whole connecting journey available as one single ticket/routing and it then reported an error when you tried to book that (as it did for me) then I'm not sure what else to suggest as sending them the screenshots worked for me. Is booking each sector separately not an option for you?

I agree with you though, the IT is very buggy at the moment. Given that some people have reported improvements recently with things like online cabin upgrade requests it does appear that some form of an IT system upgrade is in progress, but it is taking a long time and some functions have become impaired in the process.
That's exactly why it's such a shame Qatar Airways doesn't process redemption requests on the phone anymore...
Traveller999 likes this.
Alfredbali is offline  
Old May 6, 18, 10:10 am
  #140  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Programs: QR Plat
Posts: 2,157
I just attempted to upgrade a leg with QCredits, and was swiftly and efficiently told by the RPC website to go fish.

The one thing that struck me is this:

Previously there has been a very high degree of people being able to get things done through employees that maybe weren't up to date on the latest restrutions, or agents bending rules to get the obvious solutions done, etc.
Now that we are heading for a world where all of this is automated and by the rules, there is going to be a net loss in goodwill from the travellers of QR, as there is no longer this buffer og being able to get things done, and management in QR are now going to see how customers feel when being completely stuck to the book by a computer, warts and faults inclusive. I wonder if they will be able to see this change through without a wider revolt.

-A
spec119 and Traveller999 like this.
ph-ndr is offline  
Old May 6, 18, 11:48 am
  #141  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Surrey, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Posts: 502
It's such a shame despite the enhancements I do love the service on QR in the air I recently tried booking a revenue ticket from London to Bangkok the cheapest tickets available that were suitable for upgrading etc were V class

at least in the old days you could argue about savers sold in promotion bucket so it was almost £900 for a ticket that's under £700 on EK
spec119 is offline  
Old May 8, 18, 1:10 am
  #142  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Posts: 308
Latest "enhancement" as of today, mandatory Qatar Airways android app update erases all upcoming trips from my app, and impossible to reinstate these...

Well done once again Qatar Airways IT dept 😎
Alfredbali is offline  
Old May 8, 18, 7:13 am
  #143  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Posts: 308
Even worst now, no mo​​​re access to QRPC account through the Qatar Airways android app. ...
Alfredbali is offline  
Old May 8, 18, 7:26 am
  #144  
NoY
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phuket & London
Programs: BA Emerald, TP *A Gold, EY Gold, QR bye bye, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Marriott Plat
Posts: 4,743
Originally Posted by NoY View Post
Good question. I cancelled 2 award bookings April 22 2018. Got the usual.........."Thank you for submitting your refund request. Since you indicated this is a Privilege Club Redemption booking, we have forwarded your case to our Privilege Club department, who will respond to you within 5 working days. You may contact them directly at [email protected]"

Nothing has happened since
Still nothing has happened. Flights are later this month. I wasn’t sure I had done the right thing by crediting my current bookings to BAEC from herein....but now......
NoY is offline  
Old May 8, 18, 9:27 am
  #145  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Posts: 308
Originally Posted by NoY View Post
Still nothing has happened. Flights are later this month. I wasn’t sure I had done the right thing by crediting my current bookings to BAEC from herein....but now......
So 16 days without an answer from Qatar Airways, and counting, nice way to treat a QRPC Platinum member ...
Alfredbali is offline  
Old May 8, 18, 10:03 pm
  #146  
NoY
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phuket & London
Programs: BA Emerald, TP *A Gold, EY Gold, QR bye bye, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Marriott Plat
Posts: 4,743
Originally Posted by Alfredbali View Post
So 16 days without an answer from Qatar Airways, and counting, nice way to treat a QRPC Platinum member ...
Indeed. Its really pathetic & SO EASY to fix
NoY is offline  
Old May 9, 18, 9:10 am
  #147  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Belgium
Programs: QR platinum
Posts: 643
Smile Cancellation award

I cancelled award ticket for a co passenger last Monday 7th may evening (european time), requested to pay the fee with qrcredits .
i just (may 9th) received email confirming the cancellation and the reposit of my miles on my account, payment of the payed taxes.
the fee was payed with 15 qcredits. (Would have expired any way , I have now 5 Qcredits left)

every thing done online, so for me this was a quick proces, Cancelled flights were for may 11th.

Last edited by beepee; May 9, 18 at 10:58 pm Reason: Date
beepee is offline  
Old May 9, 18, 8:55 pm
  #148  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: ZRH
Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Tit
Posts: 381
Cancelled 2 award ticket on April 29th still no news...
GalaxyChris is offline  
Old May 11, 18, 3:50 am
  #149  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: who knows!
Programs: FB Platinum, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Posts: 387
Is this a joke ?

Qatar Airways Privilege Club Named ‘Best Rewards Programme’ in the Middle East, Asia and Oceania Region by Flyer Talk Awards

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...Press-releases
toastedcafe is offline  
Old May 11, 18, 9:35 am
  #150  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Programs: QR Plat
Posts: 2,157
Originally Posted by toastedcafe View Post
Is this a joke ?

Qatar Airways Privilege Club Named ‘Best Rewards Programme’ in the Middle East, Asia and Oceania Region by Flyer Talk Awards

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...Press-releases
This goes to show how serious the FT/QR forum's champagne thread is. People are drinking too much.

-A
ph-ndr is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: