Search

New to QR - Status Question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:00 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

New to QR - Status Question

I've been an AA EXP for 10+ years (oneworld Emerald) and for a variety of reasons have been grounded for the past year, as such I fell to AA PLatinum (oneworld Sapphire).

I will start flying again soon and am looking for a new program. What has be confused is how one would initially obtain QR Platinum status. I get it's a points based system, but I can't sort out if the points zero out as you move through the version levels.

Fundamental question is: How many QPoints will I need in total to obtain QR Platinum (oneworld Emerald) status?

Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by HNL
I've been an AA EXP for 10+ years (oneworld Emerald) and for a variety of reasons have been grounded for the past year, as such I fell to AA PLatinum (oneworld Sapphire).

I will start flying again soon and am looking for a new program. What has be confused is how one would initially obtain QR Platinum status. I get it's a points based system, but I can't sort out if the points zero out as you move through the version levels.

Fundamental question is: How many QPoints will I need in total to obtain QR Platinum (oneworld Emerald) status?

Thanks.
Hi,

No the points do not zero out after you obtain a new level. So for your first time qualification you would need 600 Qpoints in a 12 months period in order to get Platinum.

Now be careful at looking both the advantages and inconveniences before you join QR PC. QR is a great airline, but PC is turning into a subpar loyalty program imo. Be aware of recent reports on redemption at Qx2 miles, upgrades unavailable, and no AS/AM lounge access on upgraded tickets.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by synd
Hi,

No the points do not zero out after you obtain a new level. So for your first time qualification you would need 600 Qpoints in a 12 months period in order to get Platinum.

Now be careful at looking both the advantages and inconveniences before you join QR PC. QR is a great airline, but PC is turning into a subpar loyalty program imo. Be aware of recent reports on redemption at Qx2 miles, upgrades unavailable, and no AS/AM lounge access on upgraded tickets.
I personally would NOT recommend to join QRPC due to constantly decreasing benefits and decreasing of the availability of benefits. At the moment you’ll would earn (hard to earn) miles, but it is almost impossible to spend miles reasonable....
And it seems that an real enhancement will not come.
GalaxyChris likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.