Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Award seats all showing 2X normal miles for all date up to 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award seats all showing 2X normal miles for all date up to 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Hilton Silver
QR gold comes with the Citi Prestige in the UAE.
Is it worth dealing with QRPC in lieu of AAdvantage due to these recent cuts?
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by Crisu69
this is how i understand his report that he upgraded at BKK airport till LHR. Maybe spec119 can clarify thid
But you are right, usually you have to "beg" in doha again for upgrade the LHR leg.

well, maybe i will be lucky tomorrow too similar spec119 with his A351 upgrade and biz is overbooked in QR831 and QR will give me again a double upgrade to first same like the inbound flight which was a very big surprise. I dont expect it really but hope dies last.
to clarify I upgrade from BKK to DOH not all the way to LHR I think at DOH I was lucky as the flight was very quiet I peeked in Y it was almost empty should have saved my miles lol
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by spec119
sorry to bear bad news but QRPC confirmed in an email saver fares in the O T and W bucket are ineligible they used the word saver specifically
But still they have not changed their own rules stated in the corresponding section; made their new rules public. These rules have to be valid till they officially correct this on their website. For people who have bought their ticket before the new rules are going to be made public, the old rules should be valid.

They are still fooling other PC members which are not reading this forum and plan to buy a new ticket in Eco Saver.In my opinion this is fraud.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by xadria
But still they have not changed their own rules stated in the corresponding section; made their new rules public. These rules have to be valid till they officially correct this on their website. For people who have bought their ticket before the new rules are going to be made public, the old rules should be valid.

They are still fooling other PC members which are not reading this forum and plan to buy a new ticket in Eco Saver.In my opinion this is fraud.
You may be right, but do you think they will respond accordingly? If yes, all of the recent "enhancements" would not have happened, so I would not count on that.
Right now QR and QRPC do not care at all about their Platinum and/or Gold members.....
FlyerTalker37 and xadria like this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by Traveller999
You may be right, but do you think they will respond accordingly? If yes, all of the recent "enhancements" would not have happened, so I would not count on that.
Right now QR and QRPC do not care at all about their Platinum and/or Gold members.....
I agree 100% with you; I highly doubt it too that they will respond accordingly.
synd and Traveller999 like this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by xadria
I agree 100% with you; I highly doubt it too that they will respond accordingly.
I've responded accordingly my next flight has an EK prefix
synd, purple1addict, mpkz and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by spec119
I've responded accordingly my next flight has an EK prefix
I am doign the same. I have 2 more R/T on QR booked but then 2 more to EK in F. Will make sure to send a copy of my EK tickets to QR saying something along the lines of "if you werent playing games with award avaibility, upgrades before departure, lounge access, those would have gone to you...."
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveller999
Good luck!!

Oh boy, no op up to first for the return flight.

what a life....
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Crisu69
Oh boy, no op up to first for the return flight.

what a life....
Please accept my deepest sympathy! ;-)
I just did try to upgrade (online) at least 1 of my 3 already booked trips - no chance, availability zero...
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:30 pm

When they're selling tickets in J for so cheap (UK-NZ for 1400 GBP RT?!), the revenue management algorithm presumably never releases the U class space because the yield for the flights have already taken such a battering.

It's becoming pretty clear to me that the only way to fly J on QR using points is to take a gamble at the airport.
spec119 and Traveller999 like this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
When they're selling tickets in J for so cheap (UK-NZ for 1400 GBP RT?!), the revenue management algorithm presumably never releases the U class space because the yield for the flights have already taken such a battering.

It's becoming pretty clear to me that the only way to fly J on QR using points is to take a gamble at the airport.
Yes, it seems to be. The most loyal customers getting "kicked" by QR...
xadria likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by Jeff_
The only reason I see is more a technical one. Their system does only see the booking code and not the fare family. Therefore those tickets can not be upgraded online. Even for QRPC staff you always have to say twice, this is not an Eco Promo ticket but a Save one...
How does one know if it's a Promo or Saver fare when having an OTA booking?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by a9504477
I guess the price to cancel or change is an good indication of the fare family
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:48 am

Some OTA will show fare class prior to completing the purchase, i.e. Expedia. You can then check QR website to see the fare type,
Qmiles Earn Chart
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by a9504477
it is not possible, because O & T can be either Saver or Promo...

if it isn't O / T / W or G it isn't Promo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.