Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Award seats all showing 2X normal miles for all date up to 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award seats all showing 2X normal miles for all date up to 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by Crisu69
Some days ago i posted a screenhot of normal award availability from LHR to BKK and back to LHR in this thread.

economy + business available for the complete flight was available then

also check for example 10. April FRA-BKK.

for the complete flight there is economy+business award available without Q2.

one more example: 21. May and 4. June CDG-BKK
Again economy + business award avsilable for complete fligt with normal miles (not Q2) available

MAD-BKK 5. June as well Y+J with normal miles available

If Y is ok for you, there is economy award available on 7. June from BRU-BKK with normal mile. But not only on this date. Nearly every day there is Y award available from BRU-BKK that i checked in june 18.

you want more?
I think finding Y award seats is not a problem but finding J and F definitely is I've spent hours searching for x1 availability in premium and was unable to find anything yes you have noted you have found x1 availability but these are very rare and X2 is the norm now there should be a lot more x1 IMO you asked if I eawa more no just want a little

Sitting in a 77W or 788 in Y is not my idea of fun there's very little of the QR left that I used to cherish
synd and Traveller999 like this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Some days ago i posted a screenhot of normal award availability from LHR to BKK and back to LHR in this thread.

economy + business available for the complete flight was available then

also check for example 10. April FRA-BKK.

for the complete flight there is economy+business award available without Q2.

one more example: 21. May and 4. June CDG-BKK
Again economy + business award avsilable for complete fligt with normal miles (not Q2) available

MAD-BKK 5. June as well Y+J with normal miles available

If Y is ok for you, there is economy award available on 7. June from BRU-BKK with normal mile. But not only on this date. Nearly every day there is Y award available from BRU-BKK that i checked in june 18.

you want more?
But you have to admit it's getting ridiculously challenging to find x1 award space in J, especially from europe to doha. (there is literally not even one seat available from any eu destination to doha for the dates i want!!!) Two years ago, there used to be 4/5 available dates in a week with multiple times from e.g London to Singapore/Tokyo but now you'd be lucky to find one every few months. I only have one loyalty program (QR) which I am dedicated to and have always defended in the past. I'm not a frequent traveller and can't afford paid business class all the time since I'm a student, but I collected all these miles and I can't use them for dates/destinations that I want i wouldn't mind so much if the miles don't have an expiry date but sadly that's not the case.
synd, Traveller999 and Alfredbali like this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by spec119
I think finding Y award seats is not a problem but finding J and F definitely is I've spent hours searching for x1 availability in premium and was unable to find anything yes you have noted you have found x1 availability but these are very rare and X2 is the norm now there should be a lot more x1 IMO you asked if I want lmore no just want a little

Sitting in a 77W or 788 in Y is not my idea of fun there's very little of the QR left that I used to cherish
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Hi, I have a question I am planning on using my credits for an upgrade, I have found a flight which has 1x coming in from eu to Asia, am I correct to assume that the same can be upgraded by using q credits. Also the economy class saver is T class and the next one is almost twice the amount, how can I book the cheapest economy option to upgrade - do I need to call QR and they can book me onto a specific class?

Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by ms101
But you have to admit it's getting ridiculously challenging to find x1 award space in J,
sure this is true. I never denied this fact.

but if someone is writing something like 'i cant find any award J at all until 2019'' then i respond its difficult but still possible.

that why i posted above some award J examples from different cities in EU to BKK.
it took me only 10 min to find a couple of award space with normal miles.

Last edited by Crisu69; Mar 3, 2018 at 8:09 am
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
sure this is true. I never denied this fact.

but if someone is writing something like 'i cant find any award J at all until 2019'' then i respond its difficult but still possible.

that why i posted above some award J examples from different cities in EU to BKK.Allri
it took me only 10 min to find a couple of award space with normal miles.
Allright then I challenge you to find me one regular award space in F between CDG & SYD or CDG and MEL.... I have been at it for the last 3 hours cant find anything. Sure as heck not interested in Y or even J for that matter. And I am only looking for one space.... Searching from october until march 2019.
Before you say anything, I used to be able to find those with regular ease last year... They were not plenty but there was some! Now 0.
Traveller999 and Alfredbali like this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by synd
Allright then I challenge you to find me one regular award space in F between CDG & SYD or CDG and MEL.... I have been at it for the last 3 hours cant find anything. Sure as heck not interested in Y or even J for that matter. And I am only looking for one space.... Searching from october until march 2019.
Before you say anything, I used to be able to find those with regular ease last year... They were not plenty but there was some! Now 0.
As per my post above, there has been zero F award availability to SYD and MEL for months now, it is basically the same situation as for LHR but without a formal policy of not allowing F redemptions. J award availability has also become similarly non-existent.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
Hi, I have a question I am planning on using my credits for an upgrade, I have found a flight which has 1x coming in from eu to Asia, am I correct to assume that the same can be upgraded by using q credits. Also the economy class saver is T class and the next one is almost twice the amount, how can I book the cheapest economy option to upgrade - do I need to call QR and they can book me onto a specific class?

Thanks
You need a minimum of economy saver problem is they are often sold as T or O class which is classified as economy promotion ( just more daft QR marketing ) you then have to call them to upgrade or write to QRPC you will probably have a fight to get the correct mileage as I did
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
As per my post above, there has been zero F award availability to SYD and MEL for months now, it is basically the same situation as for LHR but without a formal policy of not allowing F redemptions. J award availability has also become similarly non-existent.
I would settle for a lowly J and I spent an hour looking for x1 availability which is not that simple on a mobile

I tried from LHR and various other eu airports to no avsavailabty yes maybe one can be lucky to find space x1 but I've never found anything I don't post stuff on ft for the sake of notoriety just my personal experience
Traveller999 and Alfredbali like this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
You need a minimum of economy saver problem is they are often sold as T or O class which is classified as economy promotion ( just more daft QR marketing ) you then have to call them to upgrade or write to QRPC you will probably have a fight to get the correct mileage as I did
Ok what would you suggest first book the fight and try to upgrade with credits are call up directly and ask them to do both the economy booking as well as the upgrade. thanks
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
Ok what would you suggest first book the fight and try to upgrade with credits are call up directly and ask them to do both the economy booking as well as the upgrade. thanks
From what I understand you're not able to do anymore might be worth sending them an email of course if the booking class is O T or W the ability to upgrade on line will be unavailable due to the daft booking codes
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
From what I understand you're not able to do anymore might be worth sending them an email of course if the booking class is O T or W the ability to upgrade on line will be unavailable due to the daft booking codes
and if you write an email, in 99% you will get this as answer:

Dear Mr. ,

Thank you for writing to Privilege Club. We have checked the availability for your requested journey from XXX to XXX dated XX-Apr-2018 under booking reference XXXXX. Unfortunately, redemption seats for upgrade to first class are currently unavailable and hence, we are unable to process your request. Redemption seats are limited and capacity controlled and hence, there are limitations on the number of seats available for redemption on any given flight. Certain days/periods may have no award seat availability; this is a global industry practice and is a function of flight forecast. For urgent requests/queries, our Member Service Associates will be delighted to assist you; contact details available on the link below: https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Privilege-Club/contact-us.html

We appreciate your understanding and co-operation.
UNQUOTE
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
You mean, ... it is difficult and expensive but still possible. It's ×2 for just about everything, now.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:40 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
You mean, ... it is difficult and expensive but still possible. It's ×2 for just about everything, now.

NO!

the award j availbility that i post yesterday from different EU cities to BKK are all with ×1 miles, mean no Q2. Maybe you missed the post from me before.

Here you have just one screenshot from CDG to doha. Only F is ×2 miles but not economy+business. It shows only ×1

Last edited by Crisu69; Mar 3, 2018 at 10:46 pm
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:45 pm

NO!

the award j availbility that i post yesterday from different EU cities to BKK are all with ×1 miles, mean no Q2.

Here you have just one screenshot from CDG to doha. Only F is ×2 miles but not economy+business. It shows only ×1

I think your battery has taken a hammering in the search process

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.