Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Award seats all showing 2X normal miles for all date up to 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award seats all showing 2X normal miles for all date up to 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
It seems the severe drought in CPT extends to award seats on QR - scarce as hen's teeth on an inbound and totally impossible to find them for an outbound.

I have miles expiring soon and can't find any awards even at distant dates.
Well i can give you my experience about a booked econmoy flight EU-DUR-EU. I booked last year in nov or dec and i fly in April 18.

I could not upgrade the complete flight to J at the beginning but only leg by leg and i checked award availability regulary. Until Jan i could upgrade all legs except DUR-DOH. but then one day in jan 18 to my surprise i saw award availability for business without Q2 for this leg on the app.. Called customer care and could upgrade. After my upgrade the award availability changed again and was Q2, which means no upgrade possible from Y to J or business award. unchanged until today.

Its not so easy to upgrade every requested flight nowadays with QR but still possible if you check or call them regulary even if at the moment there is no upgrade/award availability and you have to be fast because if QR open some award seats one day, it is maybe only 1 seat available so the first one win. this is the experience i made with my above economy flight.
Cheetah_SA likes this.

Last edited by Crisu69; Feb 23, 2018 at 7:18 am
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: QR platinum
Last week i managed to book 2 award seats in Business class Brussels to Tokyo (HND). (May 2018)
as there was a promo VISAWKD I booked one Y ticket upgraded it with 80 Qcredits , the second one was booked with miles.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 7:45 am

well i am planing my next trip to bkk in may/june. This time from/to LHR

i found this economy and business award or upgrade from Y to J availability which is not so bad. Of course most flights are Q2 but it shows it is still possible award/upgrade. since i am QR Platin maybe someone with lower status can check if the award is available to him too.

Old Feb 24, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
I'm QR Gold and can see the same availability.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Plat
QR001 will be flown with the QSuites from March 18 onwards, will be a great redemption at 1x miles
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Just seeing the availability gives me a buzz
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:26 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I was able to book ORD-DOH in J at 1x miles one week ago. I also saw PHL available on the same date, and BOS for other dates around mine.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Crisu69
well i am planing my next trip to bkk in may/june. This time from/to LHR

i found this economy and business award or upgrade from Y to J availability which is not so bad. Of course most flights are Q2 but it shows it is still possible award/upgrade. since i am QR Platin maybe someone with lower status can check if the award is available to him
QR Burgundy, same results :-)
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:55 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Has someone ever seen J availability at 1x for YUL-DOH?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Traveller999

the website does state that but it is not quantified ;-)
i tried to upgrade a flight from BKK to DOH (QR833) early April from business to first. Got the answer nothing is available even no seat in first is sold up to date. Checking the availability of redemption seats is showing availability with using 2x Miles. Great isn’t it? Especially knowing that many times the first from BKK to DOH is filled with op-ups at the end ...
by the way, I am platinum member and I feel very disappointed about the way QR is going
I hope you are not flying on April 3rd. I don't need the competition!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by MikeFly
I hope you are not flying on April 3rd. I don't need the competition!
Hahahaha - s..t happens, exactly at that date ...
Let’s see what will be the outcome - just yesterday I got again a negative response from QRPC in that regard
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Traveller999

Hahahaha - s..t happens, exactly at that date ...
Let’s see what will be the outcome - just yesterday I got again a negative response from QRPC in that regard
there is no upgrade availability around 3. April and even end of march from J to First on BKK-Doha.

Little bit strange. Normally they open upgrade availibility to first on this route but now there is only Q2.
i think your chances will be better at airport if they not open upgrade availibility before.

but i was never lucky for op up to first and when i fly first on this route it was never full. Sometimes only me and only 1 more.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
there is no upgrade availability around 3. April and even end of march from J to First on BKK-Doha.

Little bit strange. Normally they open upgrade availibility to first on this route but now there is only Q2.
i think your chances will be better at airport if they not open upgrade availibility.

but i was never lucky for op up to first and when i fly first on this route it was never full. Sometimes only me and only 1 more.
Yes it is definitely strange - the most people I saw in first on this route were 4.
And that is the strange thing, even there are ALL seats free at the moment, they are not willing to grant the upgrade.
Anyway it will be one of my last QR flights as I do not care about Loyality anymore - QRPC did teach me that lesson - just the money / Service relation will count from now on
synd, spec119 and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:41 am

Remove double posting

Last edited by Crisu69; Feb 28, 2018 at 12:14 pm
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:41 am

i think your chances will be better at airport if they not open upgrade availibility before.

Well guys, yu can believe this or not, but while i was writing the post above, i was sitting in Al Mourjan with a business ticket to BKK on QR830 which i upgraded from economy with miles last year. I paid cash ~500 eur for economy from EU-BKK-EU and upgraded the complete flight to biz with miles.

when i walked to boarding gate later this happen;

me: give tiket to qr stsff

beeep...

qr: mr, we have changed your seat.

me: hm, but i have reserved window seat in 3rd row of business class

qr: we changed your seat to 2K first class. You want go back to your old seat

me: nooooooo

I cant believe this. Before i complained never got op up to first and now i am sitting in first to BKK, drinking Krug ect. but paid only economy cash.

of course the plane is full in biz+first that why i got op up. But i never read someone get an upgrade on an already upgraded ticket.

this is also QR, despite all the cutting in lounge access ect. in the past.

i fly now first in A380 to BKK with paid economy ticket ~500 eur.

@Traveller
i hope you not regret you decission to not fly QR anymore
Traveller999 and Alfredbali like this.

Last edited by Crisu69; Feb 28, 2018 at 1:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.