Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Earning/Renewing QRPC-Status and Delayed Crediting

Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:14 am
Original Poster

I just had a disturbing conversation with the QRPC hotline. I had a flight with CX almost 3 weeks ago and still haven't gotten any Qpoints. I needed these Qpoints for my QRPC status, but in the meantime, too many Qpoints from last year expired.
I called the hotline and asked them about what I would need to do once those Qpoints finally get credited to get my status recalculated based on the date of the flight, but they basically told me tough luck!

It was my understanding that such a recalculation would be possible. Was I wrong about that?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Can't put my finger on it, but I specifically recall another FTer getting QRPC to do the same thing after enough persistence. Maybe someone else here can remember the specifics.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:19 pm

I think that was me (who then advised AndyGFLees who was in a similar situation) after I myself had received much assistance from @remdk.

It is possible, but yes, like @Dr. HFH says, requires much persistence - mine took about a week.

This was what I advised AndyGFLees (who was successful in his battle with QRPC) then:

"What I did was to write in to PC with a pdf of my mileage history, and explain to them that had the miles been credited automatically, you would have been eligible for XXX status on (whatever date). I've briefly edited my email below, for your perusal.

"Appended below is a pdf which records the number of Qpoints that I have accumulated from (indicate time frame). Although I had completed my flights for CX XXX and CX XXX on (insert date) respectively, the relevant Qpoints were not credited automatically, even though I had quoted my privilege club number when booking AND when checking in. If they had been credited punctually after the flights had been taken, that is, (insert date here), I would have had earned (requisite no. of Qpoints) Qpoints from the period of XXX to XXX, AND have also earned X% of the Qpoints on Qatar Airways. I would therefore like to request for a retro calculation on the renewal date, that is, to (insert date here), which will make me eligible for XXX tier."

Just a heads up, QRPC would give you all sorts of illegitimate reasons. In my instance, that I had not accumulated 20% of my Qpoints on Qatar - which was not true, and which they insisted several times!"

remdk had also advised me to give the reservations team a ring. The person that I spoke to said they had written an internal memo for their PC colleagues to look into the matter. Am not sure what was the game-changer in my entire situation, but don't give up!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:36 am
Original Poster

@hairhooks Thank you very much for your reply! Do you know where exactly to send this mail to? My first try would have been [email protected], but my experience with QR is that success rate depends very much upon finding the best/correct point of contact.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 5:53 am

Hi @makrom I sent it to the email you stated; thats the only email I am aware of... Let us know how it goes!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:24 am
Original Poster

@hairhooks Thanks, will do. Obviously Ill have to wait until I finally get my CX flights credited, so who knows when that will be.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Still waiting for my CX flight to get credited. In the reply for my application to credit this flight QRPC wrote me that it can take up to 3 weeks (date of application) and if nothing happened, I shall write them again. These 3 weeks were over this Monday, so I wrote them again, but all I got so far was that my request was directed to the corresponding department.
Seriously annoying I must say...
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:56 am

Suggestion for moderators

Might there be value in a thresd where people recorded their experiences in getting other OW carriers to credit points to QRPC, in particular how long it took?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Just called the hotline again, they basically told me they can't do anything other than writing another mail to HQ and couldn't give me an ETA or anything like that.
I know there are situations where one just has to be patient, but for my understanding I have been pretty patient, it has been 5 weeks since the flight in question took place. Would be really nice if QR would do their part.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Philodemus
Might there be value in a thresd where people recorded their experiences in getting other OW carriers to credit points to QRPC, in particular how long it took?
I don't think it ever took longer than 6 days for me with AA, AB, AY, BA, CX or JL. Only time I had problems with crediting was when QR rebooked me to a different flight for my F ticket that was an upgraded C ticket, as this rebooking somehow caused that ticket to be treated like a full F award with no mileage.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Today I finally got a mail from QRPC that they credited the flight. Looks like they even threw in 12 Qpoints for good measure, probably since they weren't able to check the correct booking class.
So it's time to start round 2, getting them to recalculate my status. When I look into my activities, they have dated the flights in question correctly to JAN 28 and 29, so all the facts should be visible within the system. Now the only thing that remains is finding someone who reads these facts correctly and knows how to do this recalculation.

For the flights I had since end of Jan, it didn't really matter whether I was OWS or OWE, but I have an upcoming flight with 4h transit in LHR and I hope they are able to sort this out until then.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:57 am
Original Poster

8 days ago I got a reply that they are working on my request and will get back to me shortly. Obviously "shortly" means something longer than 8 days.
Whenever QR messes up, dealing with them is such a chore. It's not that mistakes happen what gets me, but how poorly they deal with them.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:19 am
Original Poster

"Dear Mr makrom,
It is our pleasure to welcome you to the much coveted Platinum membership status with Privilege Club."

So I can finally close that chapter.
I tend to credit to QRPC in 3 cases: 1. Qmile promos, 2. Status Qmiles on QR flights, 3. Topping off Qpoints to earn status. Other than that, BAEC is much better value. But I guess after this fiasco, I will try to avoid cutting it tight in the future. As someone who earns 95% of his points through private flights, I have very little wiggle room anyway, so I should just prioritize status earning over juggling several OW ff memberships.
RollAnotherFatOne likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by makrom
"Dear Mr makrom,
It is our pleasure to welcome you to the much coveted Platinum membership status with Privilege Club."

So I can finally close that chapter.
I tend to credit to QRPC in 3 cases: 1. Qmile promos, 2. Status Qmiles on QR flights, 3. Topping off Qpoints to earn status. Other than that, BAEC is much better value. But I guess after this fiasco, I will try to avoid cutting it tight in the future. As someone who earns 95% of his points through private flights, I have very little wiggle room anyway, so I should just prioritize status earning over juggling several OW ff memberships.
congrats but I don't think it's that coveted still difficult to get redemption awards
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by makrom
BAEC is much better value . . . .
That may about to change too. I understand BA are about to make changes which I'm sure won't be to the members' benefit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.