Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Doha to Adelaide Flight times Dep & Arr times query

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold

Hi,
I'm looking at a trip to Oz in November and could well be it's been a long day for me and the brain is gone to sleep before the rest of me!! Anyway, My starting point being ARN when I search it shows the flight time from DOH-ADL as 13hr 5m. However, when I do ARN-DOH-ADL it shows the flight time from DOH-ADL as 14hr 5m.

ADL-DOH when searched as one flights shows flight time as 14hr 25m but when searched as ADL-DOH-ARN shows flight time as 13hr 25m.

Haven't checked any other destinations but just wondering if Qatar are aware of this? I would have thought the flight duration would be a calculation somewhere based on the Dep Arr and time difference between destinations also accounting for Daylight Saving where appropriate!!

No big deal for me but nonetheless curious to know? I found the same issue with S7 airlines a couple of years ago when I was getting a flight from DME-KUF. Made then aware of it and they corrected it.

ML
Old Feb 11, 2018, 3:18 am

Prevailing winds .
Old Feb 11, 2018, 6:24 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Mountlodge
My starting point being ARN when I search it shows the flight time from DOH-ADL as 13hr 5m. However, when I do ARN-DOH-ADL it shows the flight time from DOH-ADL as 14hr 5m.

ADL-DOH when searched as one flights shows flight time as 14hr 25m but when searched as ADL-DOH-ARN shows flight time as 13hr 25m.
Yes, there seems to be a mistake where it neglects Australian daylight savings times on connecting itineraries only, assuming that the departure and arrival times are filed with the airports and are what actually matters. During Australian standard times the website calculates flight durations correctly. Contact them if you want to, don't know how successful that will be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.