===
As of 05-02-2023,
Opening Hours : 1530-0740.
Print Wikipost

Bangkok (BKK) Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
my first visit to this lounge and quite similar decor to the now defunct Dubai lounge (though twice as big), interior finish is superb

1.5 hours before the 9AM flight, I am the only passenger here with at least 8 staff? seems 5 flights a day from BKK to DOH is a bit too much

I do not like all these rules that you cannot eat or drink in the seating area and must go to dining room, then you must be wearing this or that

breakfast offering is very boring, no Asian dishes offered

QR must just be burning through $$$$$ (operating expenses)
Old Jun 16, 2018, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by #1son
seems 5 flights a day from BKK to DOH is a bit too much
While there are 6 BKK-DOH flights a day (3 of them within 30 mins)
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:31 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
This is the ultra-low season for BKK, but there is a heavy amount of cargo; so the flights run.

M
Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
Business Class was empty, just figured QR would have some better deals this time of the year

I already booked the Muscat to BKK flight for October in Business for $900
nilsfr69 and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:24 am

In case anyone is interested: my shorts were entirely acceptable and I was made very welcome. Whilst the rooms and furniture and decor are very attractive and to a high standard, I found the food and drinks offering to be rather dull. Maybe it was because it was breakfast time.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by DarrelT
In case anyone is interested: my shorts were entirely acceptable and I was made very welcome. Whilst the rooms and furniture and decor are very attractive and to a high standard, I found the food and drinks offering to be rather dull. Maybe it was because it was breakfast time.
Would agree, food is materially below the standard of CDG / LHR in my opinion, but fairly similar to Al Mourjan I'd say. They are also very 'by the book' when it comes to drinks, I asked if I could have a Manhattan last time I was there and was told 'sorry, it's not on the list' - have ordered this several times at the CDG lounge despite it not being on the cocktail list and it's been no problem at all. Physically, it's a very nice lounge.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
They are also very 'by the book' when it comes to drinks, I asked if I could have a Manhattan last time I was there and was told 'sorry, it's not on the list'.
Assuming they had sweet vermouth, bitters and some form of sweet cherries I'd say that's pathetic but there's a good bet one or two of the ingredients weren't on hand.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 .5 MM
I was there Friday night before the 8:55 PM 380 flight and there was only about 8 people in there. I found it interesting that I had a small snack I took to the regular seating area. An attendant came over to me and told me no food in that area is allowed, only drinks.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
par for the course. The food in the flagship Al Safwa is also dull.
synd likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
From my experience the best food is at Paris CDG lounge (didn't do LHR, CDG better than Al Safwa and AM imho).
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:45 am

I've had entirely acceptable meals in Doha. Some sort of streak sandwich and the various Arabic dishes spring to mind. But in the BKK lounge there was simply very little to be had (or maybe I just wasnt told about it). As I mentioned, it may be because it was breakfast time.

On the other hand I was in the Cathay Pacific lounge in LHR T3 for the return journey, and that was very good with a good choice of good food. But that was in the evening.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:36 am

I've had entirely acceptable meals in Doha. Some sort of streak sandwich and the various Arabic dishes spring to mind. But in the BKK lounge there was simply very little to be had (or maybe I just wasnt told about it). As I mentioned, it may be because it was breakfast time.

On the other hand I was in the Cathay Pacific lounge in LHR T3 for the return journey, and that was very good with a good choice of good food. But that was in the evening.
CX lounges usually have superior food offerings. There are some exceptions though, like SFO (unless there is a CX departure within the next 3h) or FRA, where QR uses the excellent AC lounge.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
Are there any other One World lounges on offer to Status passengers?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ATCOlad
Are there any other One World lounges on offer to Status passengers?
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access is your friend

Not always 100% up-to-date, but the information is generally accurate.
ATCOlad likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:54 am

Programs: CX ows, DL E+
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access is your friend

Not always 100% up-to-date, but the information is generally accurate.
They still haven't added the QR lounge on the list lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.