As of 05-02-2023,
Opening Hours : 1530-0740.
Print Wikipost

Bangkok (BKK) Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by danger
When I left the JAL lounge to walk to my flight, the Qatar lounge was open. I asked the two ladies manning the door what the hours were and one of them wrote them down: 4.30pm to 8pm; 11.30pm to 2am; 5am to 8.30am.
Just asked, was told the lounge closes at 8.30pm to allow for pax on the 20.55 departure.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
Originally Posted by DarrelT
..mine are "old man's" shorts which go more or less to my knees, not Hot Pants that show my religion.,,.
What a lovely coin of phrase.... Heads or Tails, then?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:09 pm

Is this lounge only for QR pax or can it be used by other OW C flyers?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:35 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
In the lounge now and I can confirm, upon seeing a guest walking around in shorts and my speaking to the lounge attendants to double-check, that the dress code was cancelled two weeks ago because of "big problems" they had with enforcing the code and with receiving 2-3 difficult complaints a day from angry passengers.

No à la carte dining offered - just the buffet with cold mezzes, hot foods, dessert station and beverage bar. Lots of seating in the private dining section, cafeteria area and regular lounge seats. Due to Ramadan, they restrict food and beverages to the dining/cafeteria areas only until after sunset, when you can bring your food and drinks over to any seat in the lounge. Showers are still "under maintenance."

khabah
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by khabah
In the lounge now and I can confirm, upon seeing a guest walking around in shorts and my speaking to the lounge attendants to double-check, that the dress code was cancelled two weeks ago because of "big problems" they had with enforcing the code and with receiving 2-3 difficult complaints a day from angry passengers.

No à la carte dining offered - just the buffet with cold mezzes, hot foods, dessert station and beverage bar. Lots of seating in the private dining section, cafeteria area and regular lounge seats. Due to Ramadan, they restrict food and beverages to the dining/cafeteria areas only until after sunset, when you can bring your food and drinks over to any seat in the lounge. Showers are still "under maintenance."

khabah
As if we couldn't see this coming!

Also slightly shameful that the showers are still out of service in a hot destination like BKK months after the original incident occurred. I imagine QR will probably be freezing pretty much all expenditure possible now given the trouble they seem to be in, so we probably should expect no upgrades to any lounges for some time.
Abyssin and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:56 am

Regarding the showers, I suspect that it is not merely a financial issue but more about who is responsible for the damage/accident and who takes responsibilty for any legal claims pending. They are unlikely to re-open the showers if the same thing might happen again.
Abyssin and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
I forgot it already, but do i have access to the QR BKK lounge with an upgraded J ticket with QR?

For the YES case i have to prepare long shorts.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Crisu69
I forgot it already, but do i have access to the QR BKK lounge with an upgraded J ticket with QR?

No need to prepare your long shirts, you do NOT have access with an upgraded J ticket :-( I just say “enhancements”...
by the way, yesterday evening the lounge was totally empty - maybe 8 pax in total...
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveller999

No need to prepare your long shirts, you do NOT have access with an upgraded J ticket :-( I just say “enhancements”...
ach ja, would have surprised me. Thanx..

Too bad cathay lounge is closing already at 18.30 if i am not wrong and my QR 833 is leaving at 20.55 (still A380).

will try the sakura lounge instead.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by Crisu69

You should have access if your upgraded ticket was issued before February 5th, otherwise no access.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
You should have access if your upgraded ticket was issued before February 5th, otherwise no access.
Oh yes, right - I forgot about that...
Abyssin likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
16h45... 0 people in lounge. they asked for a copy of my passport to recognise my oneworld emerald status which I successfully pushed back on.

The chairs are super comfy
Love the jacket hangers
The buffet on par with EK
Fast internet
Showers still non operational

My BKK oneworld prioritisation for lounges updates to:
CX > JL > QR > EK
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by shuuy
My BKK oneworld prioritisation for lounges updates to:
CX > JL > QR > EK
Since when is EK in OW?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:38 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Since when is EK in OW?
I've had access into the EK Lounge when flying on a QF codeshare, so perhaps that is what the OP is referring to?

M
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by shuuy
they asked for a copy of my passport to recognise my oneworld emerald status which I successfully pushed back on.
You sure that’s why they asked? Seems odd since OWEs don’t get access anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.