As of 05-02-2023,
Opening Hours : 1530-0740.
Print Wikipost

Bangkok (BKK) Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: BA, Bonvoy, ALL
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I don't think so. They've opening up Cardiff, Hatay and Mykonos: lot's more to go from that league
SWS next?
I am a bit surprised that they didn't add loads on their ex-China flights. QR currently does 3 flights a week out of CKG and CTU, 6 flights a week out of PEK and 7 flights a week out of CAN & PVG. I thought there would be enough Chinese tourists to fill in Y if they do sale price ex China.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Given that 25 includes me, I’m doubly hoping it survives! Just a service reduction so far...
Are there really only 25 on the first flight?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:39 am

Passing through Bangkok at the weekend. Does anyone know if the showers in the lounge been re-opened yet after the accident?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 5:59 am
R2

Originally Posted by BornInTheUSA
Passing through Bangkok at the weekend. Does anyone know if the showers in the lounge been re-opened yet after the accident?
Today morning the showers had 'Under maintenance' signs on the doors and the staff had no information when they might re-open.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:53 am

Thanks R2.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by DH188
And just confirming it's closed between 09:00 and 16:30.
Bummer, was hoping to check it out on my flight to Hanoi!
Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Is this routing bookable during Ramadan? :P
Silly me! I always seem to book QR flights during Ramadan (it's not something I check for beforehand).

I wonder if alcohol will still be available in the lounge here? I guess not in DOH (glad I've got the hotel in DOH rather than having to spend 9 hours in a dry lounge).
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Grace B
Silly me! I always seem to book QR flights during Ramadan (it's not something I check for beforehand).

I wonder if alcohol will still be available in the lounge here? I guess not in DOH (glad I've got the hotel in DOH rather than having to spend 9 hours in a dry lounge).

Doha becomes trying for non-believers in the holy month ....

You're very unlikely to find interesting beverages in the minibar, even outside Ramadan. My memory is hotels (OK, my hotel!) were dry during the month itself.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Doha becomes trying for non-believers in the holy month ....

You're very unlikely to find interesting beverages in the minibar, even outside Ramadan. My memory is hotels (OK, my hotel!) were dry during the month itself.
You can count on zero alcohol being for sale or in the lounges during the entire month of Ramadan in Qatar. However, if you are travelling through Dubai or Bahrain, alchohol is for sale.

Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:20 am

Showers were out of service this AM (March 5).
The 8:35am A380 was full in business and the lounge was almost empty. I don't where all the people are going.
It's a bit difficult to find.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by chuck1
The 8:35am A380 was full in business and the lounge was almost empty. I don't where all the people are going.
Op ups? BKK was full of them the last few times I've flown there
Originally Posted by Grace B
Silly me! I always seem to book QR flights during Ramadan
Grrrrr, I was congratulating myself on a particularly good routing on QR, albeit involving a 5hr layover in one direction, and 7hrs on the return... Just Googled, and it's slap bang in the middle of Ramadan. It's not that I'm a particularly massive drinker, but there's only so much else you can do in Al Mourjan for that long...
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:23 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by kt74
Op ups? BKK was full of them the last few times I've flown there

Grrrrr, I was congratulating myself on a particularly good routing on QR, albeit involving a 5hr layover in one direction, and 7hrs on the return... Just Googled, and it's slap bang in the middle of Ramadan. It's not that I'm a particularly massive drinker, but there's only so much else you can do in Al Mourjan for that long...
Indeed. I just booked a redemption ex-Asia J+Y (in the middle of Ramadan) because if I took the J+F option it would mean 7+ hours in Al Safwa, with no alcohol to ease the boredom.... .....I took the 90 minute connection in Y
Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:25 am

Shorts not permitted & shoulders must be covered

Flying J class.Presently using the new Qatar Airways Lounge in Bangkok before flying to Doha and Stockholm. My husband and I both stopped on entry and asked if we were made aware of dress code at check in desk. My husband was wearing three quarter length cargo type shorts. I was wearing trousers with sleeveless round neck top. Staff stated dress code applied to all Qatar Lounges throughout world after we explained there hasn't been an issue anywhere else.

I was only permitted after putting on long sleeved cardigan. Staff got my husband Qatar Airways pyjama bottoms to wear.

Have spotted several men in pyjama bottoms. Dress code being strictly enforced.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by gordiegem
Shorts not permitted & shoulders must be covered

Flying J class.Presently using the new Qatar Airways Lounge in Bangkok before flying to Doha and Stockholm. My husband and I both stopped on entry and asked if we were made aware of dress code at check in desk. My husband was wearing three quarter length cargo type shorts. I was wearing trousers with sleeveless round neck top. Staff stated dress code applied to all Qatar Lounges throughout world after we explained there hasn't been an issue anywhere else.

I was only permitted after putting on long sleeved cardigan. Staff got my husband Qatar Airways pyjama bottoms to wear.

Have spotted several men in pyjama bottoms. Dress code being strictly enforced.
Currently it seems hat QR is trying everything to “tease” or bettter annoy their customer.
I would appreciate a rule to use “closed shoes” for men, as the sight of the toes of some doesn’t look appealing ;-)
But then QR would have to “advise” mainly people in Middle East clothes ;-) and I guess, that never will happen ...
Old Mar 6, 2018, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Traveller999
Currently it seems hat QR is trying everything to “tease” or bettter annoy their customer.

Nothin new there, then

I would appreciate a rule to use “closed shoes” for men, as the sight of the toes of some doesn’t look appealing ;-)
They're most probably not aiming to appeal to you But I suppose we all have our foibles in tolerating the eccentricities of others: panama hats set me off

But then QR would have to “advise” mainly people in Middle East clothes ;-) and I guess, that never will happen ...
​​​​​​​Probably best to skate over rhat ..
Traveller999 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.