)

===
As of 05-02-2023,
Opening Hours : 1530-0740.
Print Wikipost

Bangkok (BKK) Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
If you're purchasing access, the rule is that you have access for six hours only. However, I have heard that enforcement of this rule is uneven.
Not to digress from the main thread topic, but this is the info I am looking for. I have an agonizing 11 hours out there, and would gnash my teeth if ordered out after only 6. Well, I will roll the dice on this and see how it goes. thanks for the response.
Old May 13, 2019, 4:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Not to digress from the main thread topic, but this is the info I am looking for. I have an agonizing 11 hours out there, and would gnash my teeth if ordered out after only 6. Well, I will roll the dice on this and see how it goes. thanks for the response.
For 11 hours you could also get a room at the Doubletree or Holiday Inn for $75 or so. Much more relaxing.
HI has a shuttle as well...
Tokyoite likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Opening times check in counters in BKK?

I shall be taking on 7 June the 20:40 h flight BKK-DOH (recently changed to QSuite. I am aware the lounge will open approx. 3- 4 hours before departure. Yet, I like to be earlier at the airport and maybe try out some other lounges. Could somebody please tell me at what time I could check in my luggage in BKK? Is the counter open all afternoon or do they also open just 3 hours before the flight? And which other lounges could i check out before departure being QR Gold?
Old May 13, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by homer3152
Is the counter open all afternoon or do they also open just 3 hours before the flight? And which other lounges could i check out before departure being QR Gold?
Check-in in BKK open 3h before departure. Since there is a 20.25 flight, you can check in at ~17.25 earliest.

As QR gold you can try the CX+JL lounge too if they are open.
Old May 14, 2019, 1:31 am

Thank you!
Old May 14, 2019, 2:21 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by Crisu69
Check-in in BKK open 3h before departure. Since there is a 20.25 flight, you can check in at ~17.25 earliest.

As QR gold you can try the CX+JL lounge too if they are open.
You can check in earlier than that. In the evening 3 flights take off. I have always checked in as soon as check in opens circa 4pm
Old May 14, 2019, 4:45 pm

Good news..thank you!
Old May 30, 2019, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
So, is access for OW F/J still allowed in this lounge?

I'm on AY 142 in J in a few weeks and figure this might be better than the Miracle third party lounge AY uses, and I'll also be flying UL 403 in J in a few months... both are morning flights that coincide with the QR lounge being open for the morning. My access will be class of service only (no OW status).
Old May 30, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
So, is access for OW F/J still allowed in this lounge?

I'm on AY 142 in J in a few weeks and figure this might be better than the Miracle third party lounge AY uses, and I'll also be flying UL 403 in J in a few months... both are morning flights that coincide with the QR lounge being open for the morning. My access will be class of service only (no OW status).
Yes J/F gets access.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Just spent some time at the QR lounge in BKK. I found the staff to be wonderfully caring for the customers. Food offering abundant and well presented. Quite crowded but well organized and always clean. Cannot ask more for an outstation lounge
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Also sitting in the lounge at the moment.

I agree that this is an awesome lounge. I think the food offering could be a little improved through. The staff are all great!

As an FYI I just heard one of the lounge attendants asking a female guest to please cover her body as what she is wearing isn't allowed. The attendant offered her something to cover up with but I guess she had something else as she declined. She was wearing kind of a tube top with thin straps which shows her shoulder as well as the very bottom part of her stomach.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Like it! It's good that wearing decent clothes is enforced. Some people tend to think lounges are an extension of their backyard.

Nobody expects guests to wear a tuxedo, but just dress appropriately please.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by quinzinho
Like it! It's good that wearing decent clothes is enforced. Some people tend to think lounges are an extension of their backyard.

Nobody expects guests to wear a tuxedo, but just dress appropriately please.
What is improper with the kind of clothing described in the post?
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Traveller999

Believe that was pretty clearly described. And picked up by the staff as well apparently.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Traveller999
I'm going to guess that the bare midriff is what really got them, more than the thin straps up top.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.