===
As of 05-02-2023,
Opening Hours : 1530-0740.
Print Wikipost

Bangkok (BKK) Lounge

Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:37 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
In case anyone's interested, "safety glass" includes both tempered and laminated glass. Most showers use tempered.
There is still no sign of these being fixed. I was there on Sunday and there is no date for the showers to reopen.

Again I thought the lounge was superb. For me the choice of food and drinks is excellent and the service a little less OTT than when the lounge first opened.
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Sozee
Is the opening hours of the lounge still around 4pm till 9am the next day?
I'm interested in the latest lounge opening times also.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: qr
USed this lounge for the first time last week , have to say found it impressive ( much like LHR one) and the choice of food excellent and of good quality. This includ3d drinks though they had no rose champagne. Staff were charming and very helpful without being in my view over bearing. I did squirm a bit at the way other guests demanded certain things in a very unfriendly tone and without any please or thanks. Staff came round personally to say when flight was ready to board. They did police certain areas where customers brought large plates of food to eat and asked to move back to dining areas. No shorts spotted on my visit. Will try again in front of Cathay lounge which is the one I used to head for.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 2:50 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I'm reliably informed that the showers have re-opened at long last!

M
Traveller999 and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by tav1989
USed this lounge for the first time last week , have to say found it impressive ( much like LHR one) and the choice of food excellent and of good quality. This includ3d drinks though they had no rose champagne. Staff were charming and very helpful without being in my view over bearing. I did squirm a bit at the way other guests demanded certain things in a very unfriendly tone and without any please or thanks. Staff came round personally to say when flight was ready to board. They did police certain areas where customers brought large plates of food to eat and asked to move back to dining areas. No shorts spotted on my visit. Will try again in front of Cathay lounge which is the one I used to head for.
Pretty much sums up every experience I have had in there. The ice cream is good as well. The two down sides for me are the slow wifi and the lack of showers. However, it looks as if the shower situation has been rectified.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
What are the lounge hours and why does it not show up on QR website ? TG lounge is mentioned on the QR website for BKK...
quinzinho likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by flyalways
What are the lounge hours and why does it not show up on QR website ? TG lounge is mentioned on the QR website for BKK...
I read on a blog that it closes from 9am-4.30pm. That was in March - dunno if the flight timetable has changed.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite

This is outside the lounge entrance.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: QR Plat, BA Silver

Looks that they officially eased the smart dress code for the lounge. They cover up the smart dress code regulations with a sticker.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

As of today, 1 January, oneworld elites travelling in Y are not permitted access to this lounge. This lounge is now officially designated a "Premium lounge".

The reason why that information isn't on the oneworld website? "We're not officially open yet".

Last edited by danger; Dec 31, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by solfi

Looks that they officially eased the smart dress code for the lounge. They cover up the smart dress code regulations with a sticker.

His Excellency is curbing his fussy, nanny-ish instincts ? but ^
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by danger
As of today, 1 January, oneworld elites travelling in Y are not permitted access to this lounge. This lounge is now officially designated a "Premium lounge".

The reason why that information isn't on the oneworld website? "We're not officially open yet".
This has been the case since opening.
moa999 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
So Oneworld elites flying in J/F on other OW carriers can still enter?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by quinzinho
So Oneworld elites flying in J/F on other OW carriers can still enter?
As it was explained to me, yes.
quinzinho likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: BAEC
Yep, I can confirm that access will work if you have a J boarding pass for another OW carrier. Was the only customer in the lounge around 6am local time this morning (1st Jan) for about an hour, and it was blissfully quiet. Was flying J on CX and although our boarding oasses had to be photocopied there was no issue getting access.
flyalways likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.