Opening Hours : 1530-0740.
Print Wikipost

Bangkok (BKK) Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Traveller999
They checked your ID? Thatīs crazy - I never got checked my ID at any lounge in the world....
QR "enhancement" again.....
AMEX Centurion lounges check ID, but outside of that I can't think of any examples.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: QR Plat
Morn,

another datapoint, passed on from a colleague. He's doing BKK-HAN in biz, and was told at checkin there was no access to the QR lounge for short flights and was handed invitation to the TG lounge. He has OW-status and happily skipped to the CX lounge.

-A
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:13 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by ph-ndr
Morn,

another datapoint, passed on from a colleague. He's doing BKK-HAN in biz, and was told at checkin there was no access to the QR lounge for short flights and was handed invitation to the TG lounge. He has OW-status and happily skipped to the CX lounge.

-A
If it was a paid ticket, then this is another crazy rule / decision by QR. Short distance flights in first, do give access to the Al Safwa First Class lounge in Doha, but the same in business does not give access outstation - itīs just crazy with QR, at the moment...
synd likes this.

Last edited by Traveller999; Mar 25, 2018 at 1:20 am
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:48 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
They checked your ID? Thatīs crazy - I never got checked my ID at any lounge in the world....
QR "enhancement" again.....
Yes they checked my ID as I left the QR lounge, on
my way to the JL lounge for a shower. I had only been in the QR lounge for 30 seconds at most. I can only assume it was because they thought I might later hand my boarding pass to someone else who might unlawfully gain entry into the QR lounge using my boarding pass.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
If it was a paid ticket, then this is another crazy rule / decision by QR. Short distance flights in first, do give access to the Al Safwa First Class lounge in Doha, but the same in business does not give access outstation - itīs just crazy with QR, at the moment...
might allow them to keep the lounge close at those flight times and thus cheaper to QR......

all of this makes me wonder what is the new "enhanccement" by QR when i wake up each morning!!!!

To Come 01/04/2018 by QR: "In order to improve our customer experience, we have decided to implemement the following:
  • a pay for food & drinks in C. F passengers on the A380 will continue to get free nuts & a complimentary 50 cl bottle of water! We want you to be hydrated on those 8-14 hours flights, you don't need to thank us!
  • If you want to recline your seat in C & F, there will be a coin slot at each seat.
  • Finally, in order to be fair to every passenger, tickets fare will be calculated based on passenger weight! "
The only problem, they've set the bar so low recently it wouldn't surprise me that much if any of those would happen.....

Makes me glad I sent yesterday a cancellation request for an ARN-AKL R/T in 3 weeks to book instead of a TUN-DXB-AKL-MEL-DXB-TUN on EK! excited about trying EK for the first time. That R/T should give me EK Gold with 50050 tier miles, and then I am planning to send a match request to platinum on EK. Not sure if that will work but as far as I understand it EK bump you up one level when you request a match. So if it works to plan I should get EK Plat. Not 100% sure as I have only seen reports up to gold, never read a gold asking for a status match, but can't hurt to try!

Got 300K QR miles to burn though. I am going to try to book a JAL F/C R/T EU to AU sometimes in the fall / winter. I can dream can't I.....

My only problem though is I will lose OW E.... oh well....
toastedcafe and Traveller999 like this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jed
Yes they checked my ID as I left the QR lounge....
Why would you even consent to that?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:14 am

I think it has already been reported upthread that the BKK lounge is closed during the day when there are no long haul QR departures. As the HAN departure is early afternoon (and c.6 hours after and before the nearest long haul QR departures) passengers on that would be sent elsewhere.
Traveller999 and Flying Bosun like this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:16 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Why would you even consent to that?
It had taken so long to check me into the lounge, I only had 30 min until boarding and really wanted a shower after a lovely day sightseeing on the boats in Bangkok, so I just wanted to get out of there and get to my shower at JL without further delay.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Hilton Silver
For some reason I have a feeling that the food is not as good as LHR
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
I think it has already been reported upthread that the BKK lounge is closed during the day when there are no long haul QR departures. As the HAN departure is early afternoon (and c.6 hours after and before the nearest long haul QR departures) passengers on that would be sent elsewhere.
my point exactly, QR too cheap to open their own lounge for their S/H flights. I guess it must be cheaper for them to send people to the TG lounge than CX / JAL or their own... Makes sense as both of those are so much better than TG.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by synd
might allow them to keep the lounge close at those flight times and thus cheaper to QR......

all of this makes me wonder what is the new "enhanccement" by QR when i wake up each morning!!!!

To Come 01/04/2018 by QR: "In order to improve our customer experience, we have decided to implemement the following:
  • a pay for food & drinks in C. F passengers on the A380 will continue to get free nuts & a complimentary 50 cl bottle of water! We want you to be hydrated on those 8-14 hours flights, you don't need to thank us!
  • If you want to recline your seat in C & F, there will be a coin slot at each seat.
  • Finally, in order to be fair to every passenger, tickets fare will be calculated based on passenger weight! "
The only problem, they've set the bar so low recently it wouldn't surprise me that much if any of those would happen.....

Makes me glad I sent yesterday a cancellation request for an ARN-AKL R/T in 3 weeks to book instead of a TUN-DXB-AKL-MEL-DXB-TUN on EK! excited about trying EK for the first time. That R/T should give me EK Gold with 50050 tier miles, and then I am planning to send a match request to platinum on EK. Not sure if that will work but as far as I understand it EK bump you up one level when you request a match. So if it works to plan I should get EK Plat. Not 100% sure as I have only seen reports up to gold, never read a gold asking for a status match, but can't hurt to try!

Got 300K QR miles to burn though. I am going to try to book a JAL F/C R/T EU to AU sometimes in the fall / winter. I can dream can't I.....

My only problem though is I will lose OW E.... oh well....
The 1st of April would be the perfect day to implement your new "enhancements"....hopfully nobody from QR will read your "suggestions" ;-)
Let me know how you experience with EK, as I will change from QR to EK in June as well....
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
We "value your business"......
synd likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:49 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Lets try and keep the 'enhancements' chat to the BA Forum, where the word belongs.

msm2000uk
QR Forum Moderator
Flying Bosun likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Lets try and keep the 'enhancements' chat to the BA Forum, where the word belongs.

msm2000uk
QR Forum Moderator
QR did choose the words "enhanced member experience", so the place to discuss should be here (QR forum) in my opinion, but I agree, probably better in the related thread "...introducing enhanced member experience in the QR forum...
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jed
It had taken so long to check me into the lounge, I only had 30 min until boarding and really wanted a shower after a lovely day sightseeing on the boats in Bangkok, so I just wanted to get out of there and get to my shower at JL without further delay.
All the more reason to ignore the request for your ID and just leave. It's one thing to request ID for entry, it's entirely another for the dragon to request ID in order for you to depart the lounge!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.