Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Flying award ticket in J - any point in entering OWE number?

Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub

Using some of my miles that I had accumulated before QR joined oneworld to fly through Doha. I have since lost any status with them (from Platinum to Gold to Silver to Burgundy without adding any single mile, since they joined OW and I credited everything to BA).

Is there any point in adding my BAEC Gold number instead of the QR Burgundy number? Flying in J, I should have access to fast lane at transfer security anyway as well as to the lounge. So is there any other benefit?

Just asking because I have trouble entering it into the system and I find it difficult to get it on the BP.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:05 am

There's *potentially* an increased chance of op-up if it is on a 3-class aircraft, and in case of any disruptions, the ground agents *might* try to take better care of you, but otherwise no, there's no real difference once you are already in J.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:31 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
There's always the 1% chance that they have to do some manual action on your reservation and you end up credited as a paid flight, which can't happen at all if you don't have a FF number on the reservation.

With that I'm off to buy some lottery scratchcards
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by flatlander
There's always the 1% chance that they have to do some manual action on your reservation and you end up credited as a paid flight, which can't happen at all if you don't have a FF number on the reservation.

With that I'm off to buy some lottery scratchcards
Then that would make me a BIG winner!! Happened to me on a CX F redemption, BKK-HKG-BOS. Checked in at BKK. They could see my rezzie and ticket, could see that I was in F HKG-BOS; but somehow it had been shifted back to Y for BKK-HKG. The agent played with the computer for a bit, then just gave up and booked me into full fare F. I got full credit for the flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.