Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Doha From Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:35 am
Original Poster

QR Doha From Dubai

I do not want to start another QR relations with UAE post but I have a question about travelling to Dubai from Doha.

After a period of low activity with my company in UAE, I am now beginning to travel to UAE again, mostly Vía Doha.

Are QR not selling flights there at all? Re routing?
I have dropped to silver due to having fly with EK. Does anyone have experience of QR PC offering status retention?

Thanks

Last edited by eastflyer123; Jan 30, 2018 at 5:42 am Reason: Typo
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by eastflyer123
I have dropped to silver due to having fly with EK. Does anyone have experience of QR PC offering status retention?
I've read some people got their status extended for a year, but those people are based in the UAE, don't know if it works the other way arround.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
It seems most are going via MCT from DOH to get to DXB these days. Maybe going for Oman Air Sindbad status might be worth it ?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by JasperT
I've read some people got their status extended for a year, but those people are based in the UAE, don't know if it works the other way arround.
I live in Saudi Arabia and On 11/22/2017 I received an email from Qatar Privilege Club that reads in part "As a valued member we'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your ongoing support and assure you of Qatar Airways' unwavering dedication to serving you. Further to the suspension of Qatar Airways flights to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia...we would also like to assure you with regards to your membership tier status. To ensure that you continue to enjoy your membership benefits, we are pleased to advise that your current GOLD tier status will be retained for a further 12 months from your original tier expiry date..."

Last edited by gpicur; Jan 30, 2018 at 8:50 am Reason: More Info added
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by gpicur
I live in Saudi Arabia and On 11/22/2017 I received an email from Qatar Privilege Club that reads in part "As a valued member we'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your ongoing support and assure you of Qatar Airways' unwavering dedication to serving you. Further to the suspension of Qatar Airways flights to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia...we would also like to assure you with regards to your membership tier status. To ensure that you continue to enjoy your membership benefits, we are pleased to advise that your current GOLD tier status will be retained for a further 12 months from your original tier expiry date..."
Yeah I should have been more specific; people who are now having difficulty to fly on QR got their status extended, but being based in Doha I'm not sure QR will do it for OP since he can still 'easily' travel on QR, albeit not to the countries who are in conflict with Qatar.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by JasperT
Yeah I should have been more specific; people who are now having difficulty to fly on QR got their status extended, but being based in Doha I'm not sure QR will do it for OP since he can still 'easily' travel on QR, albeit not to the countries who are in conflict with Qatar.
I got maintained as well, despite not meeting the minimum status tier points.
JasperT likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:40 am
Original Poster

I emailed QRPC and just received a standard email back telling me how many points I need to reach gold with no acknowledgement of why I have not flown as much as usual.

So it seems the tier was only retained for middle eastern members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.