Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Options in LHR T4

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Lounge Options in LHR T4

I have a few trips to Doha coming up and as that will be on QR whether booked direct or a BA codeshare and was wondering what are the lounge options in Terminal 4. Travelling economy but BAEC Silver

Apologies if this info is available elsewhere, I looked at the Lounge database but could only see info for T3 and T5

TIA
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Silver
Its been about 12 months since I did this, QR Y as BAEC Silver, but I was given an invite to Skyteam lounge.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If in J/F then you can use the QR lounge, if in Y then I think you can only use the MH or Skyteam lounges.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Further details are available on the OneWorld site: https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/lhr/-1
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
If in J/F then you can use the QR lounge, if in Y then I think you can only use the MH or Skyteam lounges.
I know from previous trips that QR restrict their lounges by cabin and I'm flying Y.

ETA I think I used Skyteam in the past, didn't know that MH was a option. Only realised thanks to this forum that you can sometimes use other OW lounges not necessarily the one you are flying with.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by criso
I know from previous trips that QR restrict their lounges by cabin and I'm flying Y.
Ah, looks like MH or skyteam for you then sadly. Sorry I haven't been to either so can't advise which is better.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:59 am

I can't claim any experience of the MH lounge, but I will note that if you happen to have Priority Pass then the T4 Plaza Premium is leagues better than the Skyteam lounge, which is a pretty sorry offering.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by esspeebee
I can't claim any experience of the MH lounge, but I will note that if you happen to have Priority Pass then the T4 Plaza Premium is leagues better than the Skyteam lounge, which is a pretty sorry offering.
good to know, didn’t realise plaza premium was at T4
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by esspeebee
The PP arrivals lounge airside is very pleasant. They never checked my boarding pass simply my PP card.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:03 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As this is a question relating to QR lounge access, we'll move the thread over to their forum.

/mod
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:04 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
The QR forum or the UK forum (destination forum are the places for airport questions) are the places to ask.
This has no relation to BA/BAEC
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fransknorge
The QR forum or the UK forum (destination forum are the places for airport questions) are the places to ask.
This has no relation to BA/BAEC
Sorry I thought a flight booked with BA ( their doha flights are now operated by QR) and related to access based on my BAEC status it would come under here.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Lounge hop between the skyteam lounge and MH lounge( if it is open). MH lounge has a waiter operated bar and several hot dishes but is only open to coincide with it's flights. I disagree re skyteam lounge. i have always found the food offerings to be fine. The views of the apron are good at both lounges.

I agree the PP is better if you have that option.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Thumbs up T4 MH / ST lounge

Originally Posted by criso
I have a few trips to Doha coming up and as that will be on QR whether booked direct or a BA codeshare and was wondering what are the lounge options in Terminal 4. Travelling economy but BAEC Silver
Apologies if this info is available elsewhere, I looked at the Lounge database but could only see info for T3 and T5
TIA
This thread in the MH forum might be useful -
MH LHR lounge opening times

If you do a search in the MH forum for LHR T4 lounge, there's some discussion on the MH & SkyTeam lounge, as well as the QR premium lounge

I personally prefer the SkyTeam lounge over the MH lounge, and the hot breakfast items I had when I was at the lounge was pretty good.The ST lounge also feels modern, spacious & bright (natural light), while the MH lounge is dated & dimly light. The food offering was also pretty poor when I popped in to have a look.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Gold
In October, I went to the MH First lounge. As I was HBO I checked in electronically. Apparently, a printed boarding pass is required. MH staff were very friendly and nice but wondered why QR do not allow OWS and OWE to use the QR lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.