Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Privilege Membership card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: qr
To add to this inconsistency has anyone seen the latest you tube video posted by QR re platinum membership and how they have developed a "heavy" membership card - only if they could actually send it out on time. I thought it was going to be an announcement on enhancements for Plat members that has been muted for sometime now................no just a new card incarnation .........go figure?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:25 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Yeah, I saw that. Absolutely hilarious (in a sad & truly pathetic way).
Proof positive that QR's "management" haven't got a flaming clue if "listening to customers" results in total & utter garbage like this..
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I gave in, and requested that they allow me to pick up my pack at the airport during my last transit. I had waited 9 months.
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I saw the video today. They should just be embarrassed.
NoY and fender5787 like this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NoY
Yeah, I saw that. Absolutely hilarious (in a sad & truly pathetic way).
Proof positive that QR's "management" haven't got a flaming clue if "listening to customers" results in total & utter garbage like this..
I got sent it by a contact I made at privilege club, they are expecting further changes but I sent the article from onemileatatime did and said they should have issued in addition to some REAL benefits for platinum, apparently more is forthcoming he said so lets just wait and see but I explained I have zero expectations when it comes to privilege club so the fact they produced a 'heavier/enhanced' card is even shocking as it appeared they were happy with the status quo.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:41 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
I got sent it by a contact I made at privilege club, they are expecting further changes but I sent the article from onemileatatime did and said they should have issued in addition to some REAL benefits for platinum, apparently more is forthcoming he said so lets just wait and see but I explained I have zero expectations when it comes to privilege club so the fact they produced a 'heavier/enhanced' card is even shocking as it appeared they were happy with the status quo.
Interesting.....but for them to have even conceived, sanctioned & spent money on this is absolutely laughable & is a totally transparent example of their complete ineptitude.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:48 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Interesting.....but for them to have even conceived, sanctioned & spent money on this is absolutely laughable & is a totally transparent example of their complete ineptitude.

I wouldn't hold my breath for anything too exciting from the "management" & their laughable "consultants/advisers". Good luck though!
mpkz likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by NoY
You mean on a metal card?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:02 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NoY

I wouldn't hold my breath for anything too exciting from the "management" & their laughable "consultants/advisers". Good luck though!
Apparently the guy in the video is relatively new and is trying to make some changes albeit slowly and this was the first thing they could get through the door, my real desire is for them to issue a better version of Qcredits and introduce a lifetime tier of sorts but I doubt they will be able to do that as their IT system is a bit hit and miss.
NoY likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Happy to see something positive...

...but to be honest, I really just want improved lounge access!
NoY likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
That video...not gonna lie, it’s pretty cringey and frankly kinda infantilizing. Anyone else feel like it’s QR literally dangling a shiny metal object to distract us from the negatives of the qrpc program? From a marketing standpoint, I don’t think this was a good look for them, but hopefully the rumors about this just being a start of QR revamping their platinum benefits are true.
NoY and Alfredbali like this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Datapoint on when I received my welcome package

So I recently received both my silver and gold welcome packets and figured I’d add datapoints on when I qualified and when I received them. So I believe I qualified for silver around the 10th of April and for gold around the 18th of April. I received my silver packet around the beginning of last week and received my gold packet this past Monday. The silver was dated July 25th and the gold was dated July 1st. So it seems they’re printed and shipped out about 10-11 weeks after qualifying and you receive them about 11-12 weeks after qualifying (although this may carry depending on where one is based). That’s actually not too bad comparing to other programs (I believe when I qualified for either plat with delta it took nearly 5 months for my welcome package to come). I qualified for plat late last month, so fingers crossed they stay on the same schedule and I receive the pack in early October!
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:37 am

unbelievably our cards came today over 15 months after we qualified for gold
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Got my flashy platinum alloy card some days ago. Quite nice and heavy. Perfect to have in my wallet (which I don't carry anymore) as a beer opener or in my camping set . Thanks PC. However, if you really want to pamper your loyal customers, give us something that is actually useful
NoY, Matt4, kaffir76 and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Got my Platinum card ..

& boy - is it heavy!

Qualified mid April ..
Requested via email in May, welcome letter dated July 1 & packaged received last week ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.