Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Privilege Membership card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:06 pm

Surprise, I have just received my silver package. Last year I didn’t receive my gold package. So as my wife. According to the local QR office, the package is usually sent from Doha by the company mail on QR flight. Then local airport office sends it to the member by local post. It contains usual stuff, a membership and two luggage tags. Unfortunately after so call enhancements, I am not loyal to QR anymore.
NoY likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
I'm waiting my Platinum package for more than 10 months... Shame on you QR.
In my second year of platinum, since January. Still not sure what a platinum card looks like . . .
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I just view this differently. I don't consider it my job to make sure that QR adheres to all of the rules and promises it makes. Nor do I have any interest in doing so. Whether or not we get a physical membership card has zero effect on our travel, so it doesn't really matter, does it? Obviously, if it reneges on promises which do affect our travel, that's a different story. Speaking only for myself, I've never needed a physical membership card. Even when I wanted to enter the AA Admirals Club using my QRPC status, but before my newly acquired QRPC PLT/OW EMD status had worked its way through the systems, I just showed them the image of the card on my phone from the QR website and that was all that was needed. Why is everyone so worked up about this? Am I missing something?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Am I missing something?
You are missing the point that this is a very cheap and simple way to show their us QR recognises and appreciates our business.

Now not only can they not deliver this, they have also lied time after time, giving us false promises of cards 'being sent', 'being processed' etc.

Yes, the cards have little to no physical function, but the way QR has handled this situation is a representation of their failings, complacencies and blatant disrespect for their members - the very same people who are giving them repeat business.

We should not be condoning QRPC continuously lying to our faces, be it the card issues or the various 'enhancements'.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
I emailed QRPC on the 6-month-anniversary of my having earned it, to ask when (if ever) I might expect to see my missing Gold-card pack, their (unapologetic) reply says "We have processed your Privilege Club Gold membership pack containing card and baggage tags, which you will receive within 4 weeks from the date of dispatch, at your registered mailing address".

This rather suggests to me that, had I not complained, I would never have received it ? So despite any previous claims of delays being down to producing new-style cards, they apparently didn't try to send any out, to the backlog.

I am not impressed, I don't feel rewarded for my loyalty, or 'enhanced' in any way. It used to be a popular truism in Marketing, that it's cheaper & better to retain an existing-customer, than to try to gain a new one ... except, it appears, in the Gulf ?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jckl
You are missing the point that this is a very cheap and simple way to show their us QR recognises and appreciates our business.
I don't care if QR tells or shows me that it appreciates my business. I care about the hard and soft products, the experience in the lounges, onboard, and support when I have problems or need assistance. I'm not looking for QR to like me, I'm looking for the right product at the right price.

So if QR has a business class which is greatly superior to its competitors at a competitive price, you're going to avoid the airline because it promised you a membership card which it won't provide and serves no useful purpose anyway? Obviously you're free to spend your money where you like; but our priorities are obviously different.
Abyssin likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:10 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
I don't care if QR tells or shows me that it appreciates my business. I care about the hard and soft products, the experience in the lounges, onboard, and support when I have problems or need assistance. I'm not looking for QR to like me, I'm looking for the right product at the right price.

So if QR has a business class which is greatly superior to its competitors at a competitive price, you're going to avoid the airline because it promised you a membership card which it won't provide and serves no useful purpose anyway? Obviously you're free to spend your money where you like; but our priorities are obviously different.
and others do care....as I do care about the whole package of services (promises / contractual obligations) ;-)
But as you do say very right - priorities, personal evaluation / appreciation is something different for every individual
SullyofDoha and Abyssin like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum

The Privilege Club Package is a simple nicety. When you can't get that right...the not so simple things start to slip.
In addition, as an earlier poster has already noted, they outright lied to members for the past two years about the forthcoming card package.
But hey, as you have noted, you don't care about the whole experience and interaction from the loyalty program, so no issue for you!
GalaxyChris and Traveller999 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:36 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Richard Bell
I emailed QRPC on the 6-month-anniversary of my having earned it, to ask when (if ever) I might expect to see my missing Gold-card pack, their (unapologetic) reply says "We have processed your Privilege Club Gold membership pack containing card and baggage tags, which you will receive within 4 weeks from the date of dispatch, at your registered mailing address".

This rather suggests to me that, had I not complained, I would never have received it ? So despite any previous claims of delays being down to producing new-style cards, they apparently didn't try to send any out, to the backlog.

I am not impressed, I don't feel rewarded for my loyalty, or 'enhanced' in any way. It used to be a popular truism in Marketing, that it's cheaper & better to retain an existing-customer, than to try to gain a new one ... except, it appears, in the Gulf ?
Well, I have received this anwser as well, but I'm still waiting for my platinum pack ... it has been more than 8 weeks... BTW, they did the same reply when I passed gold a bit earlier...
Richard Bell likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
I've read queries regarding the usefulness of the physical card &/or luggage labels...

On several occasions, LHR/BKK/HKG, I've been in a business class check-in queue. This was usually caused by passengers with lots of luggage (from what I could see).

The patroling QR staff have spotted the gold luggage tags & ushered me to the front. A little embarrassing, but gratefully accepted none the less.

So, for me at least, the luggage tags have been quite useful & I'll try & obtain them if possible. I just need QR's co-operation, obviously!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
But hey, as you have noted, you don't care about the whole experience and interaction from the loyalty program, so no issue for you!
If you believe that they have the right product at the right price, just do what I do. I no longer credit to QRPC, -- it's AAdvantage for me.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Originally Posted by NicoNTE
Well, I have received this anwser as well, but I'm still waiting for my platinum pack ... it has been more than 8 weeks... BTW, they did the same reply when I passed gold a bit earlier...
There are lies, damn lies, and statistics 'enhancements' !

But never any (costs nothing) apologies for poor service, perhaps they find it hard to admit to ? But how can you fix a problem, if you cannot see that it exists ?

I find this sort of thing quite amazing, coming from a business which is clearly suffering from the blockade, and which I would like to continue to support. Unfortunately I have only one more one-way journey booked with QR this year, and two other returns LHR-CNX-LHR booked with their competitors Thai International & Cathay Pacific, because they were so very much cheaper.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: Not stuck with an Alliance anymore, Star gold, OW Saph
Originally Posted by jah718
People are clearly missing the point of this issue. The point is not about having a card or bag tags, which really have very little value to anyone. The point is that the service from QRPC has gotten so bad, that they can't even manage to send out a membership pack in 9 months, or even within a year for some people.

How is it possible for a company to be that incompetent? Can QR really not see the problems that have been created within the company around customer service and how they treat their customers? Or are they simply indifferent or don't care?
Why still Flying QR then ?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
I wrote an email to QR and got my gold card delivered to the lounge, where I picked it up on my next visit. I didn't bother with the Platinum one, as it's just a piece of plastic. I agree though that it shows their lack of organisation. Oman Air delivers their cards in 2 weeks after status change, unprompted (to EU address).
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Abyssin
Why still Flying QR then ?
I still fly QR because in the air, they are a completely different proposition. I find their inflight service to be nothing short of outstanding, particularly in premium cabins. My mistake was that after re-qualifying last year, I should have started crediting to a different program, but I didn't so here we are. I am currently trying to extricate myself from the program, but it is not unreasonable to expect the company to do a good job while I am a member.

One thing I can never understand, and I see it on the BA forum more than anywhere else, is people who will defend an airline to their last breath, even when the company is clearly doing a bad job. It doesn't take a genius to work out that QR's ground experience is sorely lacking, made even worse by the comparison to their excellent inflight experience. If the company can't see that, then there are clearly some very serious issues within the management.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.