Privilege Membership card

Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:29 am

10 months now and still no card. Spoke to privilege club last month and they assured me my card had been dispatched and yet still no sign of it. They probably shouldn't bother sending it at this point and just wait until my renewal. I really wish I had credited elsewhere last year.

I am guessing that @goingplacestogether has dropped off the forum again?

QRPC is literally a complete joke now.
NoY, mpkz and Traveller999 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by jah718
I really wish I had credited elsewhere last year
Because of not receiving the card??

why is it so important to you? I am QR platin, never needed the card and since more than 1 year not received a new card.

i miss nothing because not receiving the card.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
I am now six-months, and still waiting, for my new Gold-Card/pack.

We used to have a saying, in the airline business, that if the seat-back or tray were broken, then the customers would think that meant you were equally good, when it came to maintaining the important bits like engines or controls.

So what does it say about QR, that they cannot manage to mail out a simple plastic-card, to their more-loyal customers ? How much they really value your business ?
NoY, GalaxyChris, mpkz and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Crisu69

why is it so important to you? I am QR platin, never needed the card and since more than 1 year not received a new card.

The card and the related luggage tags are part of the "contract" between QRPC and QRPC member and QRPC is not fulfilling it´s part of the contract.
Maybe the next time they will ignore the additional luggage allowance (on my business boardingpasses its already now 40kg, what is the normal business allowance - normally it should be 60 for a Platinum in business class...) or the lounge access, who knows?
QRPC all the time are very strict in following their T&Cs if it is to deny a request or complaint, so it is more than justified to criticise non-performance from side of QRPC in this case, or not?

Last edited by Traveller999; Mar 28, 2019 at 12:13 am
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:17 am

[QUOTE
I am guessing that @goingplacestogether has dropped off the forum again?
[/QUOTE]

you may ask our mod msm2000uk this question - Maybe he knows more....
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by Traveller999
The card and the related luggage tags are part of the "contract" between QRPC and QRPC member and QRPC is not fulfilling it´s part of the contract.
Maybe the next time they will ignore the additinal luggage allowance (on my business boardingpasses its already now 40kg, what is the normal business allowance - normally it should be 60 for a Platinum in business class...) or the lounge access, who knows?
QRPC all the time are very strict in following their T&Cs if it is to deny a request or complaint, so it is more than justified to criticise non-performance from side of QRPC in this case, or not?
To be fair, I am thinking of adding the people who give the auto replies from privilege club to all social media. I communicate with them more than some of my family.

My platinum card is still not with me.
NoY and Traveller999 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Maybe the next time they will ignore the additinal luggage allowance (on my business boardingpasses its already now 40kg, what is the normal business allowance - normally it should be 60 for a Platinum in business class...) or the lounge access, who knows?
Maybe they'll forego fuel on your next flight, too, right?

Please. Let's try to stay this side of the absurd and ridiculous. When was the last time that you needed the card? They could simply have prioritized what they're doing, and decided that there are things more important than plastic cards, which add nothing, anyway. Your QRPC number and status already appear on your boarding pass without your card.
Abyssin likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Maybe they'll forego fuel on your next flight, too, right?

Please. Let's try to stay this side of the absurd and ridiculous. When was the last time that you needed the card? They could simply have prioritized what they're doing, and decided that there are things more important than plastic cards, which add nothing, anyway. Your QRPC number and status already appear on your boarding pass without your card.
OK...QRPC decided to focus on things more important than plastic tags...ok, fair enough...but on what they focusing instead of?
It would have been fine to get a message, that for environmental "reasons", no plastic cards will be issued anymore...would have been accepted , because communicated.
What´s about the luggage tags, no value as well? If no value, ok let´s agree on that, then why it is promoted as "benefit" for the respective level of QRPC?
And I pray for, that QRPC is NOT responsible for refueling the planes ;-)
NoY and mpkz like this.

Last edited by Traveller999; Mar 27, 2019 at 7:43 am
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
OK...and what´s about the luggage tags?
Fair point. It's all about prioritization. Looking at all the benefits of the program, where are luggage tags in your priority list vis-ŕ-vis redemption flights and upgrades? I'm not suggesting a correct answer, just asking the question.

It's imperfect and leaves much to be desired. We know that. QRPC probably does, too. I've chosen not to get hung up on stuff that doesn't really matter that much to me and I can't control anyway, and concentrate on things like using my miles to the best value.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Fair point. It's all about prioritization. Looking at all the benefits of the program, where are luggage tags in your priority list vis-ŕ-vis redemption flights and upgrades? I'm not suggesting a correct answer, just asking the question.

It's imperfect and leaves much to be desired. We know that. QRPC probably does, too. I've chosen not to get hung up on stuff that doesn't really matter that much to me and I can't control anyway, and concentrate on things like using my miles to the best value.
Yep, you are absolutely right - everything about prioritization.
As this thread is about the QRPC membership cards, I did discuss about the cards and not other benefits or not benefits, that´s it :-)
Honestly, I do not care about the membership card or luggage tags, but I care about how QRPC thinks to care about their members, because I do have a different understanding of "service" than they do, a more customer focused one ;-)
NoY, Richard Bell and dragman like this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Crisu69

Oh believe me, the card is just one of many, many grievances that I have with QRPC. The club has fallen apart and offers very little to members now and the customer service is nothing short of a joke. As this forum is about cards, I just brought up my card issue.

But the fact that they can't even do a simple thing like send out a membership card shows that there are some significant issues in the organisation.

QR have joined the race to the bottom like many other airlines have done.
NoY and Traveller999 like this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:26 am

Programs: Not stuck with an Alliance anymore, Star gold, OW Saph
Who needs plastic bagage tags? Useless except if you want to show to everyone that you are plat or gold which is for me ridiculous....
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Abyssin
Who needs plastic bagage tags? Useless except if you want to show to everyone that you are plat or gold which is for me ridiculous....
People are clearly missing the point of this issue. The point is not about having a card or bag tags, which really have very little value to anyone. The point is that the service from QRPC has gotten so bad, that they can't even manage to send out a membership pack in 9 months, or even within a year for some people.

How is it possible for a company to be that incompetent? Can QR really not see the problems that have been created within the company around customer service and how they treat their customers? Or are they simply indifferent or don't care?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by jah718
People are clearly missing the point of this issue. The point is not about having a card or bag tags, which really have very little value to anyone. The point is that the service from QRPC has gotten so bad, that they can't even manage to send out a membership pack in 9 months, or even within a year for some people.

How is it possible for a company to be that incompetent? Can QR really not see the problems that have been created within the company around customer service and how they treat their customers? Or are they simply indifferent or don't care?
Well said!
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Mrs IM requalified for Gold after dropping to Silver a short while ago. I requested a new Gold membership card for her via the QR app at the end of Feb & it arrived today. Well done QR!

I've also requested a new card (several times), so come on QR, how about sending me a new one given the last one ran out in early 2017?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.