Programs: qr
Originally Posted by indomie
Those look really nice! I'm impressed!!
just a shame they cannot be consistent and get them out to all members
dragman and Traveller999 like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
As well as saving money I can't help but feel not sending out cards is also strategic. I just tried to status match from QRPC to another Middle Eastern airline this week as I'm looking at the other options, but they've of course requested a scan of my current QRPC membership card showing the expiration date, which of course I don't have because QR are now four months behind in sending me a membership card for this year...
Status match granted and membership pack already received from the Middle East. Meanwhile, 5 months since I should have had my QRPC membership card renewal and still waiting...
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:21 pm

Status match granted and membership pack already received from the Middle East. Meanwhile, 5 months since I should have had my QRPC membership card renewal and still waiting...
who did you go for - Oman Air?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by tav1989
who did you go for - Oman Air?
Yes, seems the most similar J product albeit much more limited network. Excited to try their new F on LHR and lounges in MCT too - will report back. Tempted by EK but middle seats in J are not acceptable these days. EY seems as much of a basket case as QR at the moment.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:51 pm

Yes, seems the most similar J product albeit much more limited network. Excited to try their new F on LHR and lounges in MCT too - will report back. Tempted by EK but middle seats in J are not acceptable these days. EY seems as much of a basket case as QR at the moment.
Congrats is securing the status match with Oman. Flew them a few years ago on two sectors in their old configured J class A 330's . I was really impressed and liked the product. Muscat airport was a bit hit and miss but that is now rectified with the new airport. Yes their network is not so wide as other ME carriers but I suppose it does depend on your travel routes and destinations. In addition no accreditation to a FF program other than their own. That said a solid product and I know their loads from LHR are pretty healthy and they must be doing ok as they paid an astronomical fee for their second daily slot for LHR.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:28 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Congrats! Did they match like-like status?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Congrats! Did they match like-like status?
Depends what you mean, highest tier is Gold which is roughly equivalent to QR Gold in benefits (J Class Lounge and check-in etc), so there is no direct Plat match but was given Gold. Not sure if a QR Gold would also be given WY Gold. It seems status is fairly easy to earn anyway and not all that useful if you already fly J/F as with QR, but hate the idea of not earning the maximum number of miles on the first few flights .
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Reached QR Silver OCT 2018, still nothing, not even an email. They redesign the card because of Cost cut? plastic is cheaper than metal i think.

Reached QR Gold this month, not looking to any package from QR.

My friend said it take up to 6 months when he receive his pack.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:28 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Depends what you mean, highest tier is Gold which is roughly equivalent to QR Gold in benefits (J Class Lounge and check-in etc), so there is no direct Plat match but was given Gold. Not sure if a QR Gold would also be given WY Gold. It seems status is fairly easy to earn anyway and not all that useful if you already fly J/F as with QR, but hate the idea of not earning the maximum number of miles on the first few flights .
Yes, thanks I meant did they match QR Plat to their highest tier, & they did ^ so I will try for the same
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold
Became silver on January 14 and had a call from QR office in Tunis on February 11 advising me that my silver pack has arrived and that I have to pick it from there.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:25 am

Can confirm that QR Gold will be matched to WY Gold.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:27 am

Now going on 9 months since I re - qualified as QR Gold and no sign of the membership pack. Have sent a few emails to QR and have received 0 replies.

Perhaps @goingplacestogether can shed some light on this if QR haven't completely given up on that initiative yet?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I'm waiting my Platinum package for more than 10 months... Shame on you QR.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: QRPC-Gold
I qualified as Silver in Jan 2018, and Gold in June 2018, still nothing. By looks of it others from the UK have managed to get theirs so let's continue to wait....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.