Privilege Membership card

Old May 21, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Originally Posted by kaffir76
I received the same reply - my guess is that they don't process it until you send them an email.
So did you finally received your member pack?
Nope, now almost 8-months since I qualified, and two months since they promised a 4-week maximum.

So disappointing, why bother making a promise, if QRPC have no intention/ability of ever keeping it ?

Meanwhile I've booked four returns CNX-London with other airlines,where I would have preferred to fly on Qatar Airways, if only they were competitive-on-price and could be trusted to keep their word. Very disappointed in the way they treat their customers, these days.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by Richard Bell
Nope, now almost 8-months since I qualified, and two months since they promised a 4-week maximum.

So disappointing, why bother making a promise, if QRPC have no intention/ability of ever keeping it ?

Meanwhile I've booked four returns CNX-London with other airlines,where I would have preferred to fly on Qatar Airways, if only they were competitive-on-price and could be trusted to keep their word. Very disappointed in the way they treat their customers, these days.
I am in the same position re 8 months and numerous promises
Richard Bell and Traveller999 like this.
Old May 22, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
QR using the blockade and a card redesign as an excuse?

So I sent a message to QR yesterday via the app about the status of my welcome package and this was the excuse they replied with:

We regret the inconvenience caused due to the delay of your membership pack as earlier we were facing issues due to GCC crisis and later we were in process of designing new membership packs containing card and baggage tags.

However, we have now completed the process of re-designing the packs and we have processed your Privilege Club Gold membership pack containing card and baggage tags , which you will receive within 4 weeks from the date of dispatch, at your registered mailing address as below

Ive seen across this thread that they usually give the blah blah youll get it in 4 weeks blah blah responses but had anyone got this kind of reply; giving specific excuses? Is it bs? I would hope the national carrier of a state affected by a significant geopolitical issue wouldnt use that said issue as a bs excuse to their frequent fliers...
Old May 22, 2019, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by fender5787
So I sent a message to QR yesterday via the app about the status of my welcome package and this was the excuse they replied with:

We regret the inconvenience caused due to the delay of your membership pack as earlier we were facing issues due to GCC crisis and later we were in process of designing new membership packs containing card and baggage tags.

However, we have now completed the process of re-designing the packs and we have processed your Privilege Club Gold membership pack containing card and baggage tags , which you will receive within 4 weeks from the date of dispatch, at your registered mailing address as below

Ive seen across this thread that they usually give the blah blah youll get it in 4 weeks blah blah responses but had anyone got this kind of reply; giving specific excuses? Is it bs? I would hope the national carrier of a state affected by a significant geopolitical issue wouldnt use that said issue as a bs excuse to their frequent fliers...
yes i have had the same reply. Approximately 8 weeks ago. I am still waiting.
Old May 22, 2019, 9:07 am

Re-qualified December 2018, got the '4-weeks' email mid-February.

Today, it's finally arrived in the letter box. There's hope people!

Letter dated 25APRIL2019, envelope dated 15MAY2019... So they've definitely lied in the emails.

The silver card and tags are less grey, words are more legible now printed in black on light grey cards.
Old May 23, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
QR Privilege Club has now informed me that I will be able to pick up my package and that of my wife's in about a week's time at their Doha Offices. Fingers crossed
Old May 23, 2019, 6:39 am

Finally got my membership pack, however it expires next month and then we will have to start the whole process again!
Old May 24, 2019, 5:02 am

I got an email stating my pack will be available for me to collect at The Lounge in Doha next week.
Old May 31, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: EY, TG basic levels ; QRPC platinum
'4 weeks' email of 2018 ... now ONLY 56 weeks over due
'4 weeks' email of 2019 ... now ONLY 4 weeks over due

I wished they would use the same principle for ticket payments...no CC charging for at least another 60 weeks
Old May 31, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: QR Platinum
I got my Platinum package 2 weeks ago which makes a delay of 6 months. At least I got it before expiration :-)
Traveller999 likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by traveler_ron
'4 weeks' email of 2018 ... now ONLY 56 weeks over due
'4 weeks' email of 2019 ... now ONLY 4 weeks over due

I wished they would use the same principle for ticket payments...no CC charging for at least another 60 weeks
Or perhaps allow QRPC/frequent-flyer status similarly to extend past the nominal expiry-date, in the hope that this remains some incentive to book/travel again with QR, which would thus give them a commercial benefit ? Thus turning a negative into a positive !
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Picked y package up from the Oryx Galleria. Very nice. Too bad it expires in four months.
Richard Bell likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:46 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Picked y package up from the Oryx Galleria. Very nice. Too bad it expires in four months.
I got mine recently as well, only 6 month late ;-)
The metal card is nice and so heavy that you can use it for....hmmm for what exactly can you use it?
But yes, the new design looks good :-)
Maybe they just should remove the expiry date on the luggage tags - anyway its a luggage tag and nobody would check the expiry date of a luggage tag, I guess.

now just my wifes one is missing - 10 month late till now ....
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
[QUOTE now just my wifes one is missing - 10 month late till now ....
[/QUOTE]

Well, Im still using my card that expired February 2018 and have requalified 2 times since then
SullyofDoha and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by Richard Bell
Or perhaps allow QRPC/frequent-flyer status similarly to extend past the nominal expiry-date, in the hope that this remains some incentive to book/travel again with QR, which would thus give them a commercial benefit ? Thus turning a negative into a positive !
Yay,
Finally received my Gold-card on 9th July, posted 19th June from Doha, with a letter from QRPC dated 3rd June ... perhaps their office is a long way from the local Post-Office ?

Oh, and card earned on 26th November 2018, so it only has four-and-a-half months of validity, now that I've received it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.