Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Privilege Membership card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
My wife did renew Gold in early August 2018, but did not receive any card or tags till now. I did renew my Platinum in November 2018, not receiced anything as well...
By the way, even the business class stickers for the luggage were not available recently (in Vienna, Munich, Bangkok).
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
I renewed my Platinum status in May '18 and to date I haven't received the new membership card and baggage tags! I doubt I will at all. haha
March, I win!
Seriously, I don't expect I'll get it before it expires (which it will since I stopped crediting to QRPC. Thanks, enhancements).
But the only times I atually missed it was when I applied for status matches with other programs, since they usualy ask for a copy of the card.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:55 am

Renewed Gold in July 18, still no card as of yet. I think my status may actually expire before I get the card....
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by makrom
But the only times I atually missed it was when I applied for status matches with other programs, since they usualy ask for a copy of the card.
If all you need is a copy of the card for a match, you can print one out from the website.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
If all you need is a copy of the card for a match, you can print one out from the website.
Yeah that's basically what I did (or took a screenshot respectively, since it's all online anyway) but that's not exactly proof of anything as it is very easy to fake. I know these days photos are hardly fake proof either, but still require a lot more work to make fakes undetectable.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: QR Platinum / SQ Gold
Actually I don’t really mind about the card but I had issues applying without physical card for Hong Kong frequent immigration channel.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:28 am

I qualified for Gold in December 2017. I then requalified for Gold in December 2018. I have emailed more than half a dozen times about my membership pack(s), still nowhere to be seen.

Next month I will reach Platinum and have given up any hope of ever seeing a physical membership pack.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: QR Gold/OW Sapphire
Funny, I guess I got lucky... they sent my Silver (renewal) but I qualified for Gold on the last day of my membership year/my anniversary date and so they sent me a Gold at the same time... and then a week later I got another Gold welcome kit. Three kits in two weeks.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:11 pm

I received that email as well (see OP back in Dec 2017). Silver, then Gold, then renewed Gold. Never received anything.

I agree that a physical card is very helpful when flying with AA, AY, BA et al. The card on the phone flummoxes their systems.

And, a set of baggage tags would be nice.

DYKWIA! :-)
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:51 am

Programs: Qatar Airways - GOLD
Dear xxxx,

Thank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you due to delay in receiving your membership pack.

We wish to inform you that we are in process re-printing the newly designed Privilege Club membership cards for all our members.

The Privilege Club membership cards will be processed and dispatched once the new design has been completed.

We shall be updating you about the same once the newly designed membership cards are ready.

Do let us know if we can assist you any further.

Sincerely
Privilege Club Team

Received in mid November and never heard anything from that date.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:16 am

My gold card has expired, my platinum membership is up for renewal in a few days, and I still haven't received the platinum card . . .
GalaxyChris and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by indomie
Funny, I guess I got lucky... they sent my Silver (renewal) but I qualified for Gold on the last day of my membership year/my anniversary date and so they sent me a Gold at the same time... and then a week later I got another Gold welcome kit. Three kits in two weeks.
That must have been a glitch since newly attained status is always valid for a whole year.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:18 pm

From recent pictures on the website, it looks to me like they've redesigned the cards again since last year's redesign (fabric type background rather than brushed metal) so I'm blindly hopeful that something may hit my doormat eventually this year, after nothing at all throughout 2018.

I'm a bit like Clooney in Up In The Air the moment but did have reason to pass through my home address over the weekend for the first time this year. Nothing from AAB, despite renewing on 31 Dec.

Come on QR, my postman needs the work....
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Wouldn't it be nice if, in recognition of their ongoing administrative-failure, QRPC were to extend the life of our existing memberships by 6/12-months ? As they did in-the-past, to positive acclaim, for members based in the blockade-countries ?

Not that it's likely to happen, but it would reward QRPC-members for their continuing loyalty, at a time when the business needs loyal customers !

And it would cost them nothing, except when we actually did book further revenue-flights, and enjoy the extended/added benefits !
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Both my partner and I attained silver September 2017 gold in January 2018.

Never got my silver card, never got my gold card.
I think I sent about 4 e-mails about it and it got me so far as getting the same generic answer as Julien_O received.

My gold status just got renewed so we'll see if they will ever send me a card..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.