Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways Privilege Club Award Redeeming Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Any advice. I am hitting a brick wall. I am ENTIRELY flexible for either upgrade Economy to Business or Full Award Business AMM-LAX R/T in months May, June, July, August.

No availabillty. Is this program a FRAUD? No upgrades? No Awards? No one date for 4 months? I tried to go back from mid-January to end April and NO AVAILABILITY.
Anotherwords, THERE ARE NO TICKETS at all.

I have emailed to Member Services and receive form roboticreplies.

By the way, I am GOLD status Privilege Club.

What gives? Hope some feedback.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by studioone
Any advice. I am hitting a brick wall. I am ENTIRELY flexible for either upgrade Economy to Business or Full Award Business AMM-LAX R/T in months May, June, July, August.

No availabillty. Is this program a FRAUD? No upgrades? No Awards? No one date for 4 months? I tried to go back from mid-January to end April and NO AVAILABILITY.
Anotherwords, THERE ARE NO TICKETS at all.

I have emailed to Member Services and receive form roboticreplies.

By the way, I am GOLD status Privilege Club.

What gives? Hope some feedback.
well, i searched a little bit and could find Doha-LAX award upgrade in business on 1./23 may 18. more filghts or return flight. more i did not check but al least this flight should be available for an award flight. below you see the the availability for 1. may. as you can see it is without Q2 what means there should be the possibility for an upgrade or complete award flight

Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:26 am

studioone welcome to Flyertalk and to the QR forum.

I have done a number of checks on random dates within the time period you desire and there are at least reward seats available. Mostly X2 rewards but also ordinary rewards. For example 12 June. But they are not easily found if you do not know where to look! On the second page of the booking process and to the right, about one third down the page there is a slider button 'Book using Qmiles'. Set this to on and you will see reward availability for each segment for each cabin class. You can mix and match to suit your itinerary, availability and Qmiles.
QR usually allocate a number of reward seats (Flights/upgrades) when the flight is put on sale almost 12 months before flight date. Often these are very quickly taken. Further allocations will sometimes be made at later dates. The closer to departure the more likely there will be allocations..

Remember that Ramadan is 16 May to 14 June and is followed almost immediately by the busy holiday season both of which affect availability.
Further please remember that Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and UAE. have banned QR from flying over or landing in those countries and that as a result MCT, KWI snd AMM have been used as staging posts for passengers to/from those destinations. This will result in possible overcrowding of flights to/from DOH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.