Qatar Staff seat availability request

Old Dec 13, 17, 3:00 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 6
Question Qatar Staff seat availability request

Hello,

I am travelling back from doha at the end of December and wanted to know which flight had space as i am on a stay tkt.
I tried calling the customer service contact number yesterday and was waiting for more than 56 minutes with no reply...
Thank you
s33eem is offline  
Old Dec 13, 17, 10:20 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Berlin, SW Florida, and Toronto
Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Posts: 28,653
Are you QR staff? In which case you need to ask your department this question. What is a stay ticket? Where are you travelling to?
LondonElite is offline  
Old Dec 13, 17, 2:17 pm
  #3  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 41,908
Welcome to Flyertalk @s33eem.

Please follow the redirect as we send this to the QR forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
s33eem likes this.
beckoa is online now  
Old Dec 13, 17, 2:48 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 6
Hello,

I am British Airways staff so do not have access to a system which can tell me the loads. I meant stby, standby...
I'm thinking about DOH-LON all sending on availability before i decide...

Thanks
s33eem is offline  
Old Dec 13, 17, 2:54 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 238
Dates and flights requested, please.
FlyerRed5 is offline  
Old Dec 13, 17, 2:55 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Berlin, SW Florida, and Toronto
Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Posts: 28,653
I think on that route you’re going to struggle.
LondonElite is offline  
Old Dec 13, 17, 5:36 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Cape Town
Programs: BA Exec Gold , Emirates Skywards Plat , SAA Voyager Silver.
Posts: 1,577
Can BA staff even do STBY on QR ?
Flame3601 is offline  
Old Dec 13, 17, 6:09 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,943
With the possible exception of some QR staff on QR business I do not think that standby exists on QR.
remdk is offline  
Old Dec 13, 17, 6:27 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Cape Town
Programs: BA Exec Gold , Emirates Skywards Plat , SAA Voyager Silver.
Posts: 1,577
OP you're not referring to do STBY on a BA flight from DOH-LHR are you ?
Flame3601 is offline  
Old Dec 13, 17, 7:00 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 238
He just wants to know the loads for the flights as he will use a subload staff ticket - of course BA staff can use QR for staff (leisure) travel. Just need the dates and then I can help.
s33eem likes this.
FlyerRed5 is offline  
Old Dec 14, 17, 1:41 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 6
oh no! really?

jbflyboy84 Why do you think we will struggle? i was hoping with 6 flights back to the LHR i would be okay... i better think of an alternative route then. Thank you.

I wanted to travel Back home to LHR on the 29th Dec but now I'm thinking maybe try a day in advance. BA have cancelled their flts so QR are my only option. Also there are no fits to DXB due to the ban. so i will have to have a plan B.

Any information would be appreciated.

Kind regards
s33eem is offline  
Old Dec 14, 17, 9:18 am
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2007
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 12,048
Christmas might make things more complex, but in general if you avoid Thursday afternoon and Friday flights from Doha you should be fine. Monday and Tuesday, you are probably almost guaranteed to get on.
s33eem likes this.
Sixth Freedom is offline  
Old Dec 14, 17, 9:21 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 792
Originally Posted by jbflyboy84 View Post
He just wants to know the loads for the flights as he will use a subload staff ticket - of course BA staff can use QR for staff (leisure) travel. Just need the dates and then I can help.
ZED and OW rules apply, Standby is available for you, nominees and parents whether nominated or not. As for loads, I have no clue.
s33eem likes this.

Last edited by capin; Dec 14, 17 at 9:30 am
capin is offline  
Old Dec 14, 17, 9:26 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 792
Originally Posted by s33eem View Post
jbflyboy84 Why do you think we will struggle? i was hoping with 6 flights back to the LHR i would be okay... i better think of an alternative route then. Thank you.

I wanted to travel Back home to LHR on the 29th Dec but now I'm thinking maybe try a day in advance. BA have cancelled their flts so QR are my only option. Also there are no fits to DXB due to the ban. so i will have to have a plan B.

Any information would be appreciated.

Kind regards
OK, I've taken a look. You need to list as follows -

Listing from the UK call: 0330 024 0125

From Doha call: 974 4449 6666

Doha office open hours are from 0700-2300 daily

I'd have a chat with the agent and ask them what the loads are like.

As for alternatives, I'd shoot for anywhere in western Europe, Dublin would be a good start with all the BA and EI flights DUB-LHR.
capin is offline  
Old Dec 14, 17, 11:18 am
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 6
Talking

Originally Posted by capin View Post
OK, I've taken a look. You need to list as follows -

Listing from the UK call: 0330 024 0125

From Doha call: 974 4449 6666

Doha office open hours are from 0700-2300 daily

I'd have a chat with the agent and ask them what the loads are like.

As for alternatives, I'd shoot for anywhere in western Europe, Dublin would be a good start with all the BA and EI flights DUB-LHR.
Thank you all for helping.

I called the office here in the uk and was on an automated machine for more than 50 minutes but had to hang up eventually. I will try when I'm in Doha.

There are 6 flights to lhr and only 1/2 a day anywhere else in europe so may just try getting out monday or tuesday as advised.

ill let you know how i get on
s33eem is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: