A350 Deliveries

Old Dec 5, 17, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond.
A350 Deliveries

Is there any news on when Qatar will receive more A350's?

Looking at some data online for Airbus deliveries suggests that there are 13 A350 (10 x 9's & 3 x10's) built but not delivered.

Is there any reason for this, or any information as to when QR will get these in the air?
Old Dec 5, 17, 6:50 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by stewaran View Post
Looking at some data online for Airbus deliveries suggests that there are 13 A350 (10 x 9's & 3 x10's) built but not delivered.
They are probably still building them. FWIW the dark blue lines show frames being assembled, reworked, etc. Only a handful QR jets seem ready for delivery. AFAIK Airbus indicated being on time to deliver their first A35K towards the end of the year. Why QR's frames sometimes need much longer than those of other airlines will remain a mystery. Airbus won't disclose it and the best answer we'll ever hear from QR is that the airplanes were not meeting its expectations and they had to be reworked.
Old Dec 5, 17, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WorldLux View Post
They are probably still building them. FWIW the dark blue lines show frames being assembled, reworked, etc. Only a handful QR jets seem ready for delivery. AFAIK Airbus indicated being on time to deliver their first A35K towards the end of the year. Why QR's frames sometimes need much longer than those of other airlines will remain a mystery. Airbus won't disclose it and the best answer we'll ever hear from QR is that the airplanes were not meeting its expectations and they had to be reworked.
Interesting , i read those quotes also about QR saying the did not meet the quality expected.
It does all seem very strange when they are leasing A350 from LATAM
Old Dec 5, 17, 11:34 am

ALO/P/Q/S/T have all be delivered in the last 6-8 weeks. ALR is imminent and ALY and ANA (35K) be be delivered next month
Old Dec 6, 17, 5:06 am
Original Poster

When these new frames arrive, how soon do QR announce the routes for them?
Old Dec 6, 17, 7:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
When these new frames arrive, how soon do QR announce the routes for them?
I expect them to put the A350 on those routes that had the A350s already announced but that are now operated by other aircrafts.
Old Dec 6, 17, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by florens View Post
I expect them to put the A350 on those routes that had the A350s already announced but that are now operated by other aircrafts.
Yes that it what i am hoping for, Im booked DO-PER-DOH in Feb and this was one of the routes "confirmed" for the A350 back in May 2016.
so it would be nice for that to happen in time for our holiday

I dont know how many other routers are awaiting the A350
Old Dec 6, 17, 10:39 am

PER is planned to be moved to A388 upon arrival of API, but currently they are struggling to the get the required slots (A380 parking is limited and EK is already there 3x day)
Old Dec 6, 17, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbflyboy84 View Post
PER is planned to be moved to A388 upon arrival of API, but currently they are struggling to the get the required slots (A380 parking is limited and EK is already there 3x day)
That would be great, and looks like API will be delivered quite soon, as its aleady left TLS according to qatarsource (Edit: and returned from Hamburg!)

If this gets put on the PER route before our trip, can you upgrade on QR with Avios?

Last edited by stewaran; Dec 6, 17 at 11:18 am
Old Dec 6, 17, 11:45 am

ADL is back up to daily after being reduced earlier in the year, so that takes up some of the capacity
Old Dec 6, 17, 3:08 pm

They might ditch the QATAM A350 as well, I assume? No point in leasing if your own birds are jobless...
Old Dec 7, 17, 12:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
That would be great, and looks like API will be delivered quite soon, as its aleady left TLS according to qatarsource (Edit: and returned from Hamburg!)

If this gets put on the PER route before our trip, can you upgrade on QR with Avios?
No. Have a look here:

Your guide to spending Avios | 2017 edition
Old Dec 7, 17, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks,

Thats a shame , would have been amazing to try QR F
Old Dec 8, 17, 2:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold HH Diamond
Thanks,

Thats a shame , would have been amazing to try QR F
Or maybe not so amazing. The difference or lack of between QR's J and F products has been remarked upon in earlier threads. General consensus to which I subscribe is save your money/points and enjoy one of/the best J products currently on offer.
Old Dec 8, 17, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G-ARVE View Post
Or maybe not so amazing. The difference or lack of between QR's J and F products has been remarked upon in earlier threads. General consensus to which I subscribe is save your money/points and enjoy one of/the best J products currently on offer.
Thanks, Whatever the aircraft im sure will be great. I have only been on BA J or F long haul, so looking forward to QR.
that said, i wouldnt be unhappy if the 777 on the PER leg changed to either a Q-suite, A380 or A350 :-)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: