Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

First time to fly QR business class, what to expect?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC

Will be flying HKG-DOH-BRU next month for the first time in business class.
Anything special that I can expect inflight when compare to CX/BA J cabin?

I read somewhere the food is free flow, do that mean I can eat any item at any time on the menu?
Will they limit how much can one eat in each sector?

Moreover, will they make the bed for you?

Thank you!
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:15 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Hi there NeoFung,

Might I suggest a gander to the QR Dashboard, where you will find many of the answers you are looking for.

Safe travels,

M
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
No they will not make your bed for you -hopefully you will be able to manage but I did not have it made on CX either. Only times I have experienced this is in F
Standard of service likely to exceed CX
I often partake of more than one meal (especially breakfast) and although there is no limit as such you can not guarantee that you choice of the second breakfast (or 3rd one) will be available, same limits applies if you want two lunches or dinners
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by neofung

I read somewhere the food is free flow, do that mean I can eat any item at any time on the menu?
Will they limit how much can one eat in each sector?!
Reads a bit piggy, non??? :/
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
Yes, it's dine on demand. In most cases, the cabin crew will take your order before takeoff and at that time, you can specify exactly what you want and at what time. You can even ask them to wake you up X minutes before landing for breakfast etc. It's a good idea to "reserve" some items if you are not eating straight away just in case they run out. Enjoy your experience!
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by amnicoll
No they will not make your bed for you -hopefully you will be able to manage but I did not have it made on CX either. Only times I have experienced this is in F
On maybe 1 in 5 QR flights I take the crew do offer to make up the bed. This is generally on the overnight flights where they use the white mattress toppers and a hovering crew member will ask if you are going to sleep as you go/return from the washroom.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
found the crew very accomodating on QR, they will make your bed if you like, but after many many trips on QR, I just make my own, you will get nice sleepware, slippers etc, I like the a la carte menu system, most times, I usually sleep first and wake up for a meal,
if ording a G and T, make sure you tell them about putting a lot of ice, unwise you will get a cube or two
Old Nov 30, 2017, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Firipu
Yes, it's dine on demand. In most cases, the cabin crew will take your order before takeoff and at that time, you can specify exactly what you want and at what time.
As I have advised people in the past, don't think of the menu as a menu. Think of it as an inventory of what has been loaded on the flight. Then eat what you want when you want.
C17PSGR and stewaran like this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum

Thank you!
I just flew QR SYD-DOH-MIA return in J (well the first SYD-DOH leg was an op-up to F...not bad for my first ever flight on QR). The seat and food are superior to CX. In fact I would say both were in the top 1-2 that I have ever had in J. I think the service on QR is better than CX, sort of what CX was 10 or so years ago. Two negatives I had with QR is why do they use tissues in the toilets instead of towels or paper towel, and the cabin on the A380 was ridiculously hot. The tissues just disintegrate when you try and dry your hands. It's very strange. Also the line for a shower at the Al Mourjan lounge in the early morning was about two hours. I ended up leaving and going to the "Business class lounge" and using the very basic showers there.

I don't know if they limit the amount of food you can eat, but the servings are pretty generous. Oh the soups are great too.

Last edited by bensyd; Nov 30, 2017 at 4:11 pm
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Their soups are the Best! Love them!
Old Nov 30, 2017, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by bensyd
I don't know if they limit the amount of food you can eat, but the servings are pretty generous. Oh the soups are great too.
No limits on what and how much you eat!! And I completely agree on the soups, -- consistently tasty. And actually served hot, too!
Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC
Thank you guys for your input!! I will try to take more photos and upload them here!
And I just discovered that all my 4 legs will be an A350!
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:06 am

Qr have the best business product I have flown and I have flown quite a few of them. The aircraft are beautiful, the crews are great, food is fab, I like the wines (but I honestly confess that I am not a coinnoseur).
synd likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:13 am

Please delete (duplicate post)

Last edited by capin; Dec 5, 2017 at 10:04 am Reason: double post
Old Dec 2, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Talking Made me smile - so precious

Thank you!
Having just completed my 1st trip on QR J, I'd say you are in for a treat!
Yes & I think the food is free flow in Y also, as in you can have a 2nd or 3rd portion if you so wish ..
Dine on demand was amazing, & it really worked the cabin crew very hard as they were constantly walking up & down the cabin.
And no, it's not SQ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.