Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

777-300er Y seating starting @ row 16 ????

777-300er Y seating starting @ row 16 ????

Old Nov 26, 17, 11:00 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Programs: SPG GOLD, QR GOLD,OW S, IHG SILVER. HH GOLD, CHASE RESERVE,
Posts: 134
777-300er Y seating starting @ row 16 ????

hi guys, i was trying to reserve 12d .. my 1st time flying Y on QR

the seat map shows Y starting on row 16

any suggestions ?
wickedkhalsa is offline  
Old Nov 27, 17, 12:51 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,634
Looks like a Qsuite 777.
FlyingScientist is offline  
Old Nov 27, 17, 1:04 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: LON|JHB
Posts: 370
I'd grab 18D looking at that.
mr_botak is online now  
Old Nov 27, 17, 1:18 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Programs: SPG GOLD, QR GOLD,OW S, IHG SILVER. HH GOLD, CHASE RESERVE,
Posts: 134
Originally Posted by mr_botak View Post
I'd grab 18D looking at that.
and why is that ?
wickedkhalsa is offline  
Old Nov 27, 17, 2:24 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: BRU, CGK, DPS
Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Posts: 188
Originally Posted by wickedkhalsa View Post
and why is that ?
Guess because there's only 3 pax in that row which makes the chance of someone climbing over you one less
JasperT is offline  
Old Nov 27, 17, 8:51 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Programs: FlyingBlue Plat QRPC Gold
Posts: 7
My fav seat would be 19D, seat map on qatar's web site are wrong for all ver of the 777-300

There is no seat in front 19D, if you don't care having the ife screen in the armrest, go for it

I am not allowed to post url, but check this thepointsguy.com/2017/06/touring-qatar-retrofitted-77w/ there is picture of the economy cabin in the article
bal00 is offline  
Old Nov 27, 17, 9:39 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,943
wickedkhalsa the front rows of many QR cabins, except bassinet/exit rows, are initially reserved for PC/OW status passengers to select from (Upperdeck Y cabin on A380) and are not available to non-status passengers until shortly before departure (72 hours). Look at https://www.qatarairways.com/en-dk/P..._benefits.html and under "Other information" you will find "16Preferred seats are available in the front section of the Economy cabin, which can be selected up to 72 hours prior to flight departure. Availability of seats is on a first-come, first-served basis. Availability varies, depending on the aircraft configuration and may exclude exit and bassinet seats."
Bassinet/exit rows are always blocked, usually until airport check-in opens.
remdk is offline  
Old Nov 27, 17, 10:08 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Programs: SPG GOLD, QR GOLD,OW S, IHG SILVER. HH GOLD, CHASE RESERVE,
Posts: 134
Originally Posted by bal00 View Post
My fav seat would be 19D, seat map on qatar's web site are wrong for all ver of the 777-300

There is no seat in front 19D, if you don't care having the ife screen in the armrest, go for it

I am not allowed to post url, but check this thepointsguy.com/2017/06/touring-qatar-retrofitted-77w/ there is picture of the economy cabin in the article

Thanks for the link ... I got 19D. hopefully this works out knowing QR and their change of equipment
wickedkhalsa is offline  
Old Nov 27, 17, 10:14 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Programs: SPG GOLD, QR GOLD,OW S, IHG SILVER. HH GOLD, CHASE RESERVE,
Posts: 134
Originally Posted by remdk View Post
wickedkhalsa the front rows of many QR cabins, except bassinet/exit rows, are initially reserved for PC/OW status passengers to select from (Upperdeck Y cabin on A380) and are not available to non-status passengers until shortly before departure (72 hours). Look at https://www.qatarairways.com/en-dk/P..._benefits.html and under "Other information" you will find "16Preferred seats are available in the front section of the Economy cabin, which can be selected up to 72 hours prior to flight departure. Availability of seats is on a first-come, first-served basis. Availability varies, depending on the aircraft configuration and may exclude exit and bassinet seats."
Bassinet/exit rows are always blocked, usually until airport check-in opens.
Noted .. I guess this will have to be done on the phone ..

on another note i got 19D with this new config 777-300er out of jfk and got 12d back from bkk to doha on the 777-300er ...
wickedkhalsa is offline  
Old Nov 27, 17, 10:42 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,943
wickedkhalsa depending upon your flight dates you may have a Qsuites aircraft since QR701/702 is scheduled to have Qsuites from Dec. 15 th. Do remember that all aircraft are regularly taken out of service for a day, or more for regular maintenance so flights those days will not be Qsuites aircraft. You should also be aware that the 777-300ER. One with four rows of J seats and one with seven so row numbers vary between versions.
remdk is offline  
Old Nov 27, 17, 12:46 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: LON|JHB
Posts: 370
Originally Posted by wickedkhalsa View Post
and why is that ?
One less person to climb over you.
mr_botak is online now  
Old Nov 29, 17, 12:01 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 238
Originally Posted by wickedkhalsa View Post
Thanks for the link ... I got 19D. hopefully this works out knowing QR and their change of equipment
Flights that have the QSuite allocated have essentially a zero possibility of being swapped out. QR makes such a song and dance about the seat it requires about 3 levels of managements permission to change the aircraft off...

Last edited by FlyerRed5; Nov 29, 17 at 12:02 pm Reason: clarficiation
FlyerRed5 is offline  
Old Nov 30, 17, 1:14 am
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: BOS/UTH
Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Posts: 12,600
Originally Posted by remdk View Post
Do remember that all aircraft are regularly taken out of service for a day, or more for regular maintenance so flights those days will not be Qsuites aircraft.
Absent specific information to the contrary, it would seem logical that if they're going to take an aircraft out of service for a QSuite upgrade, they would try to coordinate with mandatory service requirements. Why take an aircraft out of the rotation twice if you can schedule everything together? So in that case, QSuite upgraded aircraft have just received required maintenance and are probably good for a while.
Dr. HFH is offline  
Old Nov 30, 17, 8:27 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 238
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post
Absent specific information to the contrary, it would seem logical that if they're going to take an aircraft out of service for a QSuite upgrade, they would try to coordinate with mandatory service requirements. Why take an aircraft out of the rotation twice if you can schedule everything together? So in that case, QSuite upgraded aircraft have just received required maintenance and are probably good for a while.
When there was only 1 and 2 aircraft, at least 1x 24hr downtime period was required per month (and we did see at least 1 Qsuite rotation moved off), but as the number in the subfleet grows, this requirement is removed as the fleets rotations can be adjusted to give the requisite down time without changing the configurations.
FlyerRed5 is offline  
Old Dec 1, 17, 11:09 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dublin
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 279
Originally Posted by wickedkhalsa View Post
Noted .. I guess this will have to be done on the phone ..

on another note i got 19D with this new config 777-300er out of jfk and got 12d back from bkk to doha on the 777-300er ...
I just finished DOH to PVG in 12D and thats definitely the seat to go for. I don't know why QR blocks 12G as the additional is so minimal that I call it non existing. An alternative is 12C. A good half of the legroom is the curtain to C class. So if you have long legs you might sneak them under the curtain. But you would have to deal with 2 people climb over you. But on the other side pretty much no one is bumping into you.
12D didnt not seems to have a remote for the IFE screen. But the system is very responsive. I could easily access everything via the screen.
Call button and switch for the reading light is in the seat panel.
For the plus size flyers of us: Arm rest to 12E is movable. Tray table is adjustable in its position. So once you have taken it out you can push it a bit back.
All in all I really like the "new" Y class except for the limited width of the aisle.
endet is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: