Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR to MH at KUL - Min Connecting Time INT INT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

Hello,

Quick question, I'm looking at a schedule which gives me 1h 30m between scheduled arrival and departure of a flight on QR going to MH. Both international. Hand luggage only. J class on both.

To be precise: -
0750 Arr from DOH
0920 Dep from KUL

I have been through KUL a few times but never with a connection this short.

Any advice, is it doable?

Regards,

Kernow
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by Kernow
0750 Arr from DOH
0920 Dep from KUL
If QR is on time, you have more than enough time. If you are a fast runner and know where things are, there maybe enough time to shower and grab a quick bite at the main building/satellite lounge (the satellite lounge is under renovation until late-Jan 2018). Don't know where you'll be departing from KUL, but most 737 regional flights depart from the main building whereas most wide body (333/380) departs from the satellite building. QR will arrive at the satellite building. Hope this helps
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kernow
Hello,

Quick question, I'm looking at a schedule which gives me 1h 30m between scheduled arrival and departure of a flight on QR going to MH. Both international. Hand luggage only. J class on both.

0750 Arr from DOH
0920 Dep from KUL

I have been through KUL a few times but never with a connection this short.

Any advice, is it doable?

Regards,

Kernow
Hi,
I did it, with a MH flight leaving from the main building i.e with a train transfer. Easily doable if of course your flight is delayed.
Main advice is to check the gate of departure before leaving DOH and rush to the train if needed.

Last edited by FlyerTalker37; Apr 23, 2018 at 11:07 pm
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
MCT is 1 hour
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Thanks all,

It should be a satellite to satellite I think. The departure is to MEL on a A330.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
It's completely fine since arrivals and departures are mixed. You just need to come out of the gate and go to your onwards gate, the walk shouldn't take more than 10 minutes (although MAS tends to put the Australian flights at the last possible gates....) in any case it should be plenty of time, you could probably make a short visit to the lounge, even!
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
MH has a security check at the gate. Sometimes/often they even mix security for two adjacent gates. If you are running late, make sure that they understand it at security. Otherwise transfers between two "satellite" flights are a breeze.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:58 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by ms101
It's completely fine since arrivals and departures are mixed. You just need to come out of the gate and go to your onwards gate, the walk shouldn't take more than 10 minutes (although MAS tends to put the Australian flights at the last possible gates....) in any case it should be plenty of time, you could probably make a short visit to the lounge, even!
KUL is notoriously easy to transfer through, as ms101 has said.

With over 60mins, you'll be fine.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.