Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cannot select seat online

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K
I have the same problem when booking QR using AA or BA miles. Tried the number for US and the agent was useless. He kept insisting that I had to talk to AA. Talked to AA, they can only select window seats not middle seat (Q suite). Message QR via facebook, they repsonsed in a few hours and select middle Q suites for us.

However, after hours reading flyertalk, the easiest way is to use Malaysia Airline website and you can pick whatever seats you want !
Old Oct 29, 2020, 7:22 am

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by Thichbay

However, after hours reading flyertalk, the easiest way is to use Malaysia Airline website and you can pick whatever seats you want !
Just tried this. Center QSuites still blocked on my flight.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
Just tried this. Center QSuites still blocked on my flight.
If you book QR using BA miles, then try Royal Air Maroc website to select middle seat.
If you book QR using AA miles, then message QR via Twitter and ask for the middle seats. Once you get your middle seat assigned from QR twitter team, then your reservation has access to all the middle seats (using MH website)

Last edited by Thichbay; Nov 3, 2020 at 10:05 pm
Old Nov 19, 2020, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by cheltzel
I found their twitter page to be pretty responsive. The account name is QRSupport (with the @ prefix).
I'm running into this same issue with the dreaded "frequent flyer number has been entered more than once" error message. I messaged QR via Twitter but they seem to have no idea of the issue and referred me back to AA. Are there any suggestions on what I can say to QR because I'm pretty sure there's nothing for AA to fix on their end. Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2020, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm
I'm running into this same issue with the dreaded "frequent flyer number has been entered more than once" error message. I messaged QR via Twitter but they seem to have no idea of the issue and referred me back to AA. Are there any suggestions on what I can say to QR because I'm pretty sure there's nothing for AA to fix on their end. Thanks!
They resolved that specific issue for me. I have read that other people have had success opening their bookings on other OW Amadeus sites (RJ, FI, MH, etc) and fixing it that way but I guess I was lucky in getting QR to fix it. And I would be hesitant to start playing with my booking in case I messed it up.

By resolved I mean I can now open the booking up in QR without error. The itinerary still has 2 FF # associated with each traveller.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by cheltzel
They resolved that specific issue for me. I have read that other people have had success opening their bookings on other OW Amadeus sites (RJ, FI, MH, etc) and fixing it that way but I guess I was lucky in getting QR to fix it. And I would be hesitant to start playing with my booking in case I messed it up.

By resolved I mean I can now open the booking up in QR without error. The itinerary still has 2 FF # associated with each traveller.
This was the response from QR's Twitter: "This is because you're holding an American Airlines awards booking and unfortunately you will not be able to manage your booking through our website.
We will however be able to assist with your special requests. Either through us or by calling our contact centres. Thanks."

UPDATE: AA Twitter to the rescue. I explained the situation and they fixed the issue right away. Now I can access my booking on QR's site. Bravo, AA!

Last edited by CurbedEnthusiasm; Nov 19, 2020 at 3:23 pm
Old Nov 19, 2020, 7:00 pm

This was the response from QR's Twitter: "This is because you're holding an American Airlines awards booking and unfortunately you will not be able to manage your booking through our website.
We will however be able to assist with your special requests. Either through us or by calling our contact centres. Thanks."

UPDATE: AA Twitter to the rescue. I explained the situation and they fixed the issue right away. Now I can access my booking on QR's site. Bravo, AA!
Glad to know that AA Twitter are able to fix that. This happen every time we book 2 award tickets using AA points (also happen if you book thru BA). The weird thing is that there is a strange AA # on top of our AA #. However, I can still access seat selection by using MH or Air Maroc website. If you need middle seats then reach out to QR Twitter (they usually block those and QR Facebook was unable to pick them either). I didn't even bother to fix those AA # or BA # on our reservations and we flew without any issue.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Thichbay
Glad to know that AA Twitter are able to fix that. This happen every time we book 2 award tickets using AA points (also happen if you book thru BA). The weird thing is that there is a strange AA # on top of our AA #. However, I can still access seat selection by using MH or Air Maroc website. If you need middle seats then reach out to QR Twitter (they usually block those and QR Facebook was unable to pick them either). I didn't even bother to fix those AA # or BA # on our reservations and we flew without any issue.
Just curious, what sort of issue could happen if there was a FF# mismatch (or even missing #) on an award booking?
Old Nov 19, 2020, 7:51 pm

Just curious, what sort of issue could happen if there was a FF# mismatch (or even missing #) on an award booking?
Your itinerary is tied to the ticket #, not your FF#. Once your award ticket is issued, QR doesn't care which FF# is on there. For eg: My AA award ticket has a segment operated by Alaska. So I call AS and ask them to replace my AA # with my AS # (so that I get upgrade using my AS elite status). So if I use AA reservations #, it shows my AA #. If I use AS reservation #, it shows my AS#; and of course if I use QR reservation # then it shows a mess; but everyone shows the same ticket #. As long as you can access your booking using QR app/website and get the seats you want, you can ignore what FF# is on there.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
In case anyone has this problem, I found a workaround that takes a little bit of website knowledge. On the popup that has the enter contact info page that errors out, right click on the gray area around the box and click inspect element (this is in Chrome) and the element highlighted in the box that pops up should say some form of "fade in".. right click on it and hit delete. This will get rid of the overlay and contact info box that is covering the screen behind and allow access to the links on the page, but you won't be able to scroll.

On the right side (towards the bottom) you will have a link to "Update Passenger Details". When I clicked on it, it took me to the update contact info page which had an invalid AA FF number on it (for me), I was able to enter the correct one, update any info on the page and click next, the next page it asks for your contact info, I entered it and clicked submit, everything went through and my itinerary no longer asks me for contact info and I can edit the itinerary as needed, including change seats.

Good luck.
FormallyKnownAs likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LT Titanium
Just ask AA to take your FF# off the record

I had same issue and was able to resolve by asking AA to delete my FF from the record. Slight pain as it means the itinerary doesnt automatically show up in my trips but at least I can access on QR site.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I just used my method again for my return flight, took me all of 3 minutes to get access to the website. Here's some screenshots I took.

Right click in gray area then click "inspect element"

find this element and right click on it and click delete, I actually had to do this twice.. the first time deleted the contact details box, the second time deleted the gray background, but the process is similar and both have the word "fade in" in it

once the background is gone, click update passenger details, fix your FF # and set your name/passport/contact and emergency info. Once that's done then you have full access to manage your booking going forward.
robr, italdesign, ecgz88 and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 2:31 am

Programs: LH HON
Every AA award booking ends up with two FF no in QR booking systems, thus rendering myself and the Twitter team unable to choose seats.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 7:49 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by ckx2
Every AA award booking ends up with two FF no in QR booking systems, thus rendering myself and the Twitter team unable to choose seats.
Have you tried contacting AA? There has been a lot of discussion on thei issue in the QR award booking thread on the AA forum (link). It is a long thread, so I would start on/around post #1469.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, AS MVP 75k,
As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, one of the easiest workaround is to use MH 'manage booking'. Today only I selected my seats on MH for QR booked by AA for all legs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.