Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

No more Al Mourjan access for upgrades with Qmiles/QCredits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more Al Mourjan access for upgrades with Qmiles/QCredits

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by ashbjr
Indeed it seems so. Transited again through DOH on my way back to PNH. Went to the Plat Lounge again around 11:45PM and was sent to AM as QR Plat. Traveling in Y. So after having complained about not having access to AM on an upgraded J ticket, I went on to have access to it (at that particular time of the night) traveling in Y.
Welcome to the lottery ;-)
purple1addict likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:20 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
So who was in the 1st class lounge? Non-QR OWEs or people paying (discounted) 255 riyals thinking that they were getting into Al Safwa (a misconception I've had to correct for a number of people recently)?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Also QR Golds I guess, who are often directed to the "First" lounge when the "Business" lounge is full - presumably with OWS and QR Silvers.

Wait for that benefit to change for Silver members - sorry, "enhanced". I'm sure it can't be far off, given QR's current generosity to its PC members...
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Traveller999
To follow up, here one answer from QRPC to a complaint of mine (I marked the key words in bold):
Dear Mr.
Thank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.
We apologize for the delay in replying to you and appreciate your patience.
We have gone through the contents of your emails and regret to learn of your disappointment in regards to the withdrawal of benefits associated to the Award upgrade.
In view of your request, we have shared your feedback with the higher management. As per management, it has been advised that the recent programme changes have been made based on competitive scenario and the changes have been made in the larger interests of our members and the program.
However, in such scenario being a Platinum member you are still entitle to avail benefits associated to your tier.
It is never our intention to cause you discomforts of any kind, and we hope you will not judge us based on the recent changes to the program.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this regards and we look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you on board Qatar Airways.

For urgent requests/queries, our Member Service Associates will be delighted to assist you; contact details available on the link below: https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...ontact-us.html
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Do let us know if we can assist you any
Chetna Patil
Privilege Club Team
UNQUOTE
It’s interesting to see that QR don’t want to be the best anymore, they just want to be “competitive” ;-)
nice as well to hear that the withdrawal of benefits was in the “larger interest of the members”. I think I am too stupid to understand that....;-)

I did write back asking following
Dear XXX, First: It is hard to believe that you gone through my emails carefully, as you did adress me as Mr. XXX1, what is definitely not my name (marked in RED below) - please explain
Second: It would be great, if the relevant higher management, which you did contact, could be identify themselves with name and function in company, as it us usual in every serious company.
Third: How can the withdrawal of benefits be in the larger interest of the member? - please explain and enlighten me....
Fourth: Of course I will judge you on the recent withdrawal of benefits, as I did judge you when I did join QRPC and the benefits were an essential part of my decision to join! For what else I should judge you, if not for your performance? - Please explain
Fitfth: Would it be possible to get a personalized answer and not a prewritten mail, designed for get rid of a customers complaint?
UNQUOTE

And that is the answer from QRPC, after 8 days:
Dear Mr. XXX,
Thank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the incorrect last name in our email sent to you earlier and for delay in reply. We appreciate your patience.
However, we trust you will understand that despite of our very best efforts, occasionally an imperfection does slip by as could have been with your experience.
Your request has been forwarded to our relevant team for their further assistance on your concern. Upon receipt of any update from them we will advise you accordingly.
Meanwhile we appreciate your patience and consideration in this matter.
UNQUOTE

I will keep on following up......
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold • AA Gold [1MM] • SPG Gold
So I have been denied access to Al Mourn when flying J on a Q-credit upgraded ticket...

And this week (Nairobi to Paris and back), I was informed both times that the First Class Lounge is full (I have QPC Platinum status), and that I could use Al Mourjan...

Strange times!
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Platinum, One World Emerald, IHG Platinum Elite
AAmerican_in_London could you let us know what time you arrived into Doha on both of those instances (as data points). I wrote above that this happened to me on a recent trip both ways as well. For me, both were around midnight. Thanks!
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: LH HON
OWE lounge full redirected to Al Mourjan despite having an upgraded ticket.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:47 am

I "consulted" the QR twitter account, demanding a statement in the topic, here the answer
Allow us to make it clear for you (bolded by me), XXXX. For award upgraded tickets, the lounge access will be as per original ticketed class, if eligible. View the full T&Cs via https://bit.ly/2Bgi0Ow . Redemptions seats are limited and subject to availability. Kind regards.
UNQUOTE
The only thing I can say now is, "thank you for enlighten" me..., right?
It´s unbelievable, that a service company (QR), does treat it´s loyal customers in such a way...
magzan likes this.

Last edited by Traveller999; Mar 25, 2018 at 6:37 am
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by Traveller999
I "consulted" the QR twitter account, demanding a statement in the topic, here the answer
Allow us to make it clear for you (bolded by me), XXXX. For award upgraded tickets, the lounge access will be as per original ticketed class, if eligible. View the full T&Cs via https://bit.ly/2Bgi0Ow . Redemptions seats are limited and subject to availability. Kind regards.
UNQUOTE
I only thing I can say now is, "thank you for enlighten" me..., right?
It´s unbelievable, that a service company (QR), does treat it´s loyal customers in such a way...
I think it's time to vote with your wallets ladies and gentlemen which I've already booked next trip with EK
synd, magzan and Traveller999 like this.
Old May 18, 2018, 8:20 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Had the “pleasure” of using the First Class Lounge yesterday. Refused access to Al Mourjan because I had a Business ticket upgraded with Q credits . This followed much tapping of keys, & chats with a supervisor etc etc by the desk staff at AM. I really wanted a shower after overnighting into DOH but with just one shower in the “F Lounge” I was sh*t out of luck NOT a great experience & a truly pathetic lounge experience in this sub-standard facility
magzan and Traveller999 like this.
Old May 19, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
Had the “pleasure” of using the First Class Lounge yesterday. Refused access to Al Mourjan because I had a Business ticket upgraded with Q credits . This followed much tapping of keys, & chats with a supervisor etc etc by the desk staff at AM. I really wanted a shower after overnighting into DOH but with just one shower in the “F Lounge” I was sh*t out of luck NOT a great experience & a truly pathetic lounge experience in this sub-standard facility
I m flying through DOH next wednesday on upgraded J ticket, will report about lounge access and experience (I really want a shower when transiting)...
GalaxyChris and Traveller999 like this.
Old May 19, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
I m flying through DOH next wednesday on upgraded J ticket, will report about lounge access and experience (I really want a shower when transiting)...
I think access rules are pretty clear now for AM. No upgraded tickets get access (unless they were ticketed before Feb 5th).

Last edited by lifeonthego_k; May 20, 2018 at 3:27 am
Old May 20, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold, M&M FQT
Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
I think access rules are pretty clear for AM now. No upgraded tickets get access (unless they were ticketed before Feb 5th).
Seems absolutely right, I had access two weeks ago on an upgraded J ticket - it was ticketed late in January 2018.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
I think access rules are pretty clear now for AM. No upgraded tickets get access (unless they were ticketed before Feb 5th).
is this the case when the ticket is upgraded in advance, not at the airport ?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by sluneckov
is this the case when the ticket is upgraded in advance, not at the airport ?
Yes, if upgraded after the 5th Feb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.