Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

No more Al Mourjan access for upgrades with Qmiles/QCredits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more Al Mourjan access for upgrades with Qmiles/QCredits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by toastedcafe
A bit confused.. "prior to arriving at the airport"
How about "after arriving at the airport" ?
I believe upgrades at the airport were already excluded under the previous wave of changes.
Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
What about upgrades using Qcredits? I have an upcoming journey in June - bought a ticket in Y and using Qcredits have upgraded to J. And also, I assume award tickets for J/F will continue getting access to AM/AS? Thanks.
Sorry, I mistyped - I meant upgraded with Qmiles or Qcredits (rather than Qpoints).

If you already upgraded it prior to 4 Feb then you will still enjoy access to AM (subject to the lounge attendants getting it right, which other posters' experience seems to suggest is not always the case).

Award tickets in J and F will have access (at least for now). Not sure what alternative lounges they can provide for full redemptions.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by stargold
If you already upgraded it prior to 4 Feb then you will still enjoy access to AM (subject to the lounge attendants getting it right, which other posters' experience seems to suggest is not always the case).
I did. So will report back on my experience.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Whatever, I will no longer buy QR Y tickets (with or without upgrade ideas).
I have an upcoming QR J trip and the following one will be J with TK.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:12 pm

I was trying to decide for a trip later this year to either book a round trip in economy from DOH-LHR and use 30k QA privilege miles to upgrade one way, or just use 42.5k AA miles to book an award flight for the first leg.
So basically, if I pay for an economy ticket and use the 30k miles to upgrade one way I don't get access but if I use my AA miles for an award flight I do get access?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Ben_W
So basically, if I pay for an economy ticket and use the 30k miles to upgrade one way I don't get access but if I use my AA miles for an award flight I do get access?
That's what it sounds like.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Plat
I've just sent an email to QAPC to have them confirm in writing that I will still have lounge access for a economy class ticket I bought back in Sept 17 and upgraded using QCredits. Hopefully I'll get a favorable reply and can show it to the lounge attendants if they deny me entry
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Dev1l
I've just sent an email to QAPC to have them confirm in writing that I will still have lounge access for a economy class ticket I bought back in Sept 17 and upgraded using QCredits. Hopefully I'll get a favorable reply and can show it to the lounge attendants if they deny me entry
Perhaps I should do the same. Let us know if you receive such a conformation.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
I think it's totally absurd to deny access for award or redemption upgrades how many of us have purchased more expensive tickets to be able to receive loyalty perks
synd likes this.

Last edited by spec119; Feb 8, 2018 at 8:48 am
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Everyone who is outraged at this change should write a quick email at [email protected] to complain. Hopefully with enough of us, they might rollback their position.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold
I hope this mess is only temporary ’till the new lounge is opened and AM is not at full capasity all the time

just my two cents
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by Sorte
I hope this mess is only temporary ’till the new lounge is opened and AM is not at full capasity all the time

just my two cents
It's also true that AS is running at 200% capacity these days!
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by synd
It's also true that AS is running at 200% capacity these days!
I take it Al Safwa's capacity is one passenger then
synd and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:27 pm

I wonder how the BKK lounge will cope with flights departing 20:25 (777), 20:35 (777), and 20:55 (380)...
[ > 120 F+J passengers]
Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
Perhaps I should do the same. Let us know if you receive such a conformation.
Got the reply within 8 hours,

'Thank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.We understand your situation which you have explained to us.

We wish to inform you that the members who have processed upgrade on or before 04-Feb-2018, will still get lounge access and baggage allowance as per the OLD policy i.e. ticketed cabin.
Effective 05-Feb-2018, all upgrades that are processed with Qmiles/Qcredits will have baggage allowance and lounge access as per original ticketed cabin.

Members can continue to avail the baggage allowance and lounge access as per their tier benefits.

Do let us know if we can assist you any further.'

Great to have this as a B&W if rejected by the lounge attendant
lifeonthego_k likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Platinum, One World Emerald, IHG Platinum Elite
Its been a long time since I posted the first post on this thread and I remember other members wanting to correct the title to reflect that it was only airport upgrades that were affected. It now appears that the title no longer needs any update. A self fulfilling prophecy if you will..

What a shame. There are just too many things that are happening with Qatar at the moment (I have been dealing with a nagging issue on bonus miles from a promotion that agents on the phone/via email have not been able to get right for a month now) that is leading me to begin to question my willingness to continue to stay with QR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.