Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

No more Al Mourjan access for upgrades with Qmiles/QCredits

No more Al Mourjan access for upgrades with Qmiles/QCredits

Old Jun 4, 18, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k View Post
I think access rules are pretty clear now for AM. No upgraded tickets get access (unless they were ticketed before Feb 5th).
as you can read above, while the access rule is no AM, the practice seems to be people (esp QR Plat) being directed to AM. Happened to me last week twice on a ticket that was booked and upgraded well after February.

As usual its a QR-level mess where you don't really know what you will be getting

Last edited by mpkz; Jun 4, 18 at 12:55 pm
Old Jun 4, 18, 6:46 pm

Programs: QR Platinum (OWE), TK Classic Plus, Taj Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mpkz View Post
as you can read above, while the access rule is no AM, the practice seems to be people (esp QR Plat) being directed to AM. Happened to me last week twice on a ticket that was booked and upgraded well after February.

As usual its a QR-level mess where you don't really know what you will be getting
I'm pretty sure that has to do with load levels in the First class lounge rather than anything else. E.g. Mornings get very busy and hence whenever I've been at Doha in the morning, I've been redirected to AM, although I was flying in Y as a Platinum member. This has happened 3 times to me. The policy here is simply to re-direct platinum members to AM when the First class lounge is full. I don't see a connection with 'upgrade does not get AM access' policy.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 18, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Platinum, One World Emerald, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by mpkz View Post

As noted by lifeonthego_k, this is a loads thing. Happened to me twice in March. Arrived in DOH around midnight. That seems to be a busy time for the Plat Lounge. Did it happen for you around midnight as well? Will be going back in on the same flights into DOH in a few weeks, and will report back with another data point.
Old Jun 5, 18, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by ashbjr View Post
As noted by lifeonthego_k, this is a loads thing. Happened to me twice in March. Arrived in DOH around midnight. That seems to be a busy time for the Plat Lounge. Did it happen for you around midnight as well? Will be going back in on the same flights into DOH in a few weeks, and will report back with another data point.
Midnight and 5am
Old Jun 6, 18, 1:10 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Midnight for me too - a few times now