Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

No more Al Mourjan access for upgrades with Qmiles/QCredits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more Al Mourjan access for upgrades with Qmiles/QCredits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by ashbjr
Its been a long time since I posted the first post on this thread and I remember other members wanting to correct the title to reflect that it was only airport upgrades that were affected. It now appears that the title no longer needs any update. A self fulfilling prophecy if you will..

What a shame. There are just too many things that are happening with Qatar at the moment (I have been dealing with a nagging issue on bonus miles from a promotion that agents on the phone/via email have not been able to get right for a month now) that is leading me to begin to question my willingness to continue to stay with QR.
I totally agree with you it's a very different product from 2115 and 2016 then there's the hassle booking economy saver fares thst have a O or T vlass then you have a fight to get the correct mileage ( if only you could spend it )

I for one have booked my next trip on EK and the way things are going I'm sure I won't be alone

Last edited by spec119; Feb 9, 2018 at 3:09 am
Old Feb 9, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by synd
Everyone who is outraged at this change should write a quick email at [email protected] to complain. Hopefully with enough of us, they might rollback their position.
I've done mine and detailed
synd and LebaneseInQatar like this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: QR PC
Originally Posted by spec119
I had just emailed them to express my extreme discontent and disbelief as well.. Let's get the ball rolling on this.
synd likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by spec119
As I did...to QRPC as well...let`s see the outcome.
I did talk with a staff member of the new QR Bangkok Premium lounge and he did say that a lot of people are complaining.
synd and LebaneseInQatar like this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
I wonder how the BKK lounge will cope with flights departing 20:25 (777), 20:35 (777), and 20:55 (380)...
[ > 120 F+J passengers]
Most probably not - I had a short walk through the lounge yesterday and it doesn´t seem to have that capacity.....
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by stargold
Award tickets in J and F will have access (at least for now). Not sure what alternative lounges they can provide for full redemptions.
I tweeted to QR Customer Service about this a few hours ago asking for clarification; and they confirmed that this applies only to upgraded tickets, not mileage redemptions. Here's QR Customer Service's reply:
Hello Dr. HFH, the new policy is related to redemption Upgrades (tickets upgraded via Qmiles or Qcredits), and Upgrades at the airport. on the above mentionned scenarios, Lounge access and baggage allowance will be as per original ticketed class. We hope this clarifies
So to me, that means that if you redeemed for an award without upgrading, you'll be admitted to the J or F lounge (AS or AM at DOH) appropriate for the cabin in which your award was originally ticketed.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Traveller999
As I did...to QRPC as well...let`s see the outcome.
I did talk with a staff member of the new QR Bangkok Premium lounge and he did say that a lot of people are complaining.
To follow up - the QR CR department did forward the complaint to the PRC staff - and from PRC staff I got following answer:
Dear Mr.,

Thank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.We apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced and most certainly hope to be able to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.Your valuable constructive feedback plays a vital role in highlighting the problem areas and thus enables us to improve our services. Therefore, we have taken serious note regards to this issue to our Customer Relations Team for information and corrective action. Nonetheless, with your feedback, we will continue to review and focus on improving our services.For urgent requests/queries relating to Privilege Club, please contact our Member Service Centres located worldwide through the contact details available on below link: https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Privilege-Club/contact-us.html

Do let us know if we can assist you any further.
UNQUOTE

As I was not satisified with this answer I did complain again - let´s see the outcome....
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:16 am

To follow up - the QR CR department did forward the complaint to the PRC staff - and from PRC staff I got following answer:
Dear Mr.,

Thank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.We apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced and most certainly hope to be able to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.Your valuable constructive feedback plays a vital role in highlighting the problem areas and thus enables us to improve our services. Therefore, we have taken serious note regards to this issue to our Customer Relations Team for information and corrective action. Nonetheless, with your feedback, we will continue to review and focus on improving our services.For urgent requests/queries relating to Privilege Club, please contact our Member Service Centres located worldwide through the contact details available on below link: https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Privilege-Club/contact-us.html

Do let us know if we can assist you any further.
UNQUOTE

As I was not satisified with this answer I did complain again - let´s see the outcome....
and here the next one....
Dear Mr......,

Thank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.

We apologize for the delay in replying to you and appreciate your patience.Kindly note, Qatar Airways may change any of these terms and conditions, as well as the operation or benefits of Privilege Club, at any time. However, in this process on certain occasions we are unable to fulfil all the expectations of our valuable customers and we have seriously noted your comments and your valuable feedback is very important for us. Please be assured that we are taking all the necessary corrective steps to instil the trust in our Airline.
UNQUOTE
Once again I did reply and will post any answer, if any.....

Last edited by Traveller999; Feb 14, 2018 at 1:40 am
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: QR PC
Traveller999, thanks for sharing.

It seems QR is getting increasingly efficient at these pre-packaged, standard responses. In any event, I am now considering other airline options for my travel. It is becoming increasingly tempting in light of the fact that I have over 200,000 Amex MR that I cannot transfer to QRPC!
Traveller999 and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by LebaneseInQatar
Traveller999, thanks for sharing.

It seems QR is getting increasingly efficient at these pre-packaged, standard responses. In any event, I am now considering other airline options for my travel. It is becoming increasingly tempting in light of the fact that I have over 200,000 Amex MR that I cannot transfer to QRPC!
No problem LebaneseInQatar, I hope many of our colleagues will join the "complaint run".....
Maybe thats what they want, get rid of that nasty loyal customers, who at the end, want to reiceive the promised advantages ;-)
Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
and here the next one....
Dear Mr......,

Thank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.

We apologize for the delay in replying to you and appreciate your patience.Kindly note, Qatar Airways may change any of these terms and conditions, as well as the operation or benefits of Privilege Club, at any time. However, in this process on certain occasions we are unable to fulfil all the expectations of our valuable customers and we have seriously noted your comments and your valuable feedback is very important for us. Please be assured that we are taking all the necessary corrective steps to instil the trust in our Airline.
UNQUOTE
Once again I did reply and will post any answer, if any.....
Got the same response after sending in my complaint. Obviously copy-pasted from a circular they've received on how to respond to these complaints.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
Got the same response after sending in my complaint. Obviously copy-pasted from a circular they've received on how to respond to these complaints.
I think we all feel "very valued" by QR ....
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:04 pm

I'm in al safwa at the moment, travelling on a revenue J ticket upgraded with qcredits before the policy change. No problem getting in so I can confirm that pre-change ticketed upgrades still work.
Traveller999 likes this.

Last edited by Johnnieboy; Feb 16, 2018 at 12:37 am
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
I'm in al safwa at the moment, travelling on a revenue J ticket upgraded with qpoints before the policy change. No problem getting in so I can confirm that pre-change ticketed upgrades still work.
At least that works.
However, pre-change ticketed upgrades will fade out quite quickly and what stays, is the significant devaluation of "our" QMiles and QCredits as well as "our" disapoinment....
magzan likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
At least that works. However, pre-change ticketed upgrades will fade out quite quickly and what stays, is the significant devaluation of "our" QMiles and QCredits as well as "our" disapoinment....
True, and maybe I'm just getting cynical as I get older, but any time that something is taken away, FTers complain. I think that we get a pretty good deal overall from QR. Quality premium cabin product, very decent pricing. Given the blockade action by the Gang of Five, something was bound to give eventually. We're already complaining about how crowded AM can get during peak flight banking hours. This is how management decided to try to control the crowd. It's a legitimate approach, and will lessen the crowds to some extent. I might have done it differently, but I'm not making the decision.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.