Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page > Comment Qatar Customer Service on Flight Changes

Comment Qatar Customer Service on Flight Changes

Old Oct 21, 17, 2:23 am

Programs: BA GGL Garuda Platinum
Comment Qatar Customer Service on Flight Changes

I recently wrote to Qatar Airways about a Seat Change and received a reply which ignored the seat issue (which was sorted by Phone) but went into depth about not being responsible for flight changes , i quote below :

Please allow us to share that whilst we undertake to use our best efforts to adhere to published schedules in effect on the date of travel, no particular time is fixed for the commencement or completion of carriage, and times shown in timetables or elsewhere are approximate and not guaranteed, and do not form part of the Conditions of Contract. For a variety of reasons which can include commercial and operational reasons, schedules can be subject to change. This is common with all airlines.

I would be interested to see how this would stand up when flying from the EU.....
Old Oct 21, 17, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by walkingtall View Post
I recently wrote to Qatar Airways about a Seat Change and received a reply which ignored the seat issue (which was sorted by Phone) but went into depth about not being responsible for flight changes , i quote below :

Please allow us to share that whilst we undertake to use our best efforts to adhere to published schedules in effect on the date of travel, no particular time is fixed for the commencement or completion of carriage, and times shown in timetables or elsewhere are approximate and not guaranteed, and do not form part of the Conditions of Contract. For a variety of reasons which can include commercial and operational reasons, schedules can be subject to change. This is common with all airlines.

I would be interested to see how this would stand up when flying from the EU.....
Badly, EU regs do not guarantee an aircraft type either.
Old Oct 21, 17, 2:52 am

The reply was about timing not aircraft changes ,
Old Oct 21, 17, 2:55 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR, QR Insider, Krisflyer Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by walkingtall View Post
The reply was about timing not aircraft changes ,
So what was the actual issue and it's history?

Your post seems to indicate the problem was linked to seating opposed to timing.

M
Old Oct 21, 17, 3:03 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Silver, BMI Silver, SPG, Hyatt Plat + Various Others
Originally Posted by msm2000uk View Post
So what was the actual issue and it's history?

Your post seems to indicate the problem was linked to seating opposed to timing.

M
Issue was response they got about timing. Did say they got seating resolved by phone.

Bit of an odd response re timing! No flight is fixed for timing, means they can leave and arrive when they want
Old Oct 21, 17, 3:14 am

flight was changed due to re timing of the first sector , in the end all was fine and was moved to 777 Q Suite , which was double the price when booked

When the flight was first changed ,I couldn't get into manage my booking etc and it asked for me to contact CS , so I wrote to customer service.

I never complained about the timing just asked for confirmation of confirmed booking but the reply i got mentioned timing not guaranteed, and seems to imply that timings are just a guideline.

Last edited by walkingtall; Oct 21, 17 at 3:21 am
Old Oct 21, 17, 7:34 am

To the above 2 comments, although I agree the working is bad (at best), to be fair to the airline, all published schedules are not guaranteed nor do they form part of the CoC - I am just of the opinion they shouldnt be so blase about it!

For EU regs, EU261/2004 only kicks in if the change is made within 14 days of the departure, although someone more knowledgeable on this subject can confirm or refute that.
Old Oct 21, 17, 2:35 pm

jbflyboy84 my reading of EU261 is that they are in operation if the passengers are not notified by 14 days before flight.

Exactly how 'notified' should be read remains open. Airlines will claim that updating their website is sufficient whereas EU may demand personal notification of all affected passengers. That is beyond the scope of your comments and my reply and subject to ongoing legal actions.
Old Oct 21, 17, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA CCR, A3 G, Aclub Plat, Hilton D, IC Plat Amb, Starwood G, blablablah, etc
the QR back office is one of the worst in the industry, I wouldn't expect them to adequately answer a complaint
Old Oct 21, 17, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by remdk View Post
jbflyboy84 my reading of EU261 is that they are in operation if the passengers are not notified by 14 days before flight.

Exactly how 'notified' should be read remains open. Airlines will claim that updating their website is sufficient whereas EU may demand personal notification of all affected passengers. That is beyond the scope of your comments and my reply and subject to ongoing legal actions.
Thanks remdk, that was my thought as well! There was an interesting development recently in the UK though that (has nothing to do with this issue) said the connecting flights are subject the regs - interesting times!

Search this Thread