QR aircraft at LGW

Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
QR aircraft at LGW

I'm currently sitting in the BA first class lounge and just noticed a Qatar airways plane looks like a A320 I'm confused
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:24 am

Monarch rescue flight most likely.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:11 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
A number of QR A320s were wet-leased to facilitate the Monarch rescue operation.

The A320s are shuttling back and forth for another week, before heading back to Doha.

M
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Yeah, quite a few spare A320s QR has for sure after the whole situation out there.

Must be nice though, if people flying Monarch get upgraded to an A320 lie flat
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by no2chem
Must be nice though, if people flying Monarch get upgraded to an A320 lie flat
Unlikely. The GCC fleet that they have spare as a result of the blockade don't have lie-flat, similar to the ones operating as cover for the BA strike. The medium haul narrow bodies have lie-flat but are still flying unaffected by the blockade
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
Maybe they can fly some of the cancelled Ryanair routes next?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Unlikely. The GCC fleet that they have spare as a result of the blockade don't have lie-flat, similar to the ones operating as cover for the BA strike. The medium haul narrow bodies have lie-flat but are still flying unaffected by the blockade
Well maybe it'll work for me, my upcoming DOH-SOF flight on A320 is -not- lie flat, maybe they'll change it ...
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Firipu
Maybe they can fly some of the cancelled Ryanair routes next?
I doubt that MoL is willing to spend a pretty penny on QR flights for its customers. Until the CAA warned them, they weren't even thinking about following their duties under EU law.

And despite having seen the QR A320 regularly at LHR over the summer, I never got to fly them on BA flights.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
Originally Posted by WorldLux
I doubt that MoL is willing to spend a pretty penny on QR flights for its customers. Until the CAA warned them, they weren't even thinking about following their duties under EU law.

And despite having seen the QR A320 regularly at LHR over the summer, I never got to fly them on BA flights.
Are the QR A320s still flying for BA? I remember I saw a few of them when I passed through LHR a few weeks ago
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by hotwingz
Are the QR A320s still flying for BA? I remember I saw a few of them when I passed through LHR a few weeks ago
Don't know. I did see them all summer long but I wouldn't know if they are still flying on behalf of BA.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:13 pm

Theqatarsource.com is reporting "Qatar Airways A320 A7-xxx Operates CAA Flights Under BA Codes." for eight aircraft. While this is not conclusive it does suggest that they could still be leased to BA.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:42 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
They aren't flying for BA at present, as there is currently no strike action.

However, the CAA approached BA for any spare aircraft, and BA delegated to QR, who in turn provided crews and aircraft- under an Agreement with BA (hence the BA flight numbers etc).

M
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
LOL anything on QR must be a bonus compared to ZB
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
All the QR A320's operating for BA left at the end of August.

Not sure where you saw these QR A320s parked? Unless, they belonged to Qatar Amiri.

Last edited by Fontana; Oct 8, 2017 at 5:14 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.