Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canberra flight depart at Sydney

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
When you arrived at SYD from CBR, you deplaned directly at gate level and could walk straight to QR international lounge?.
You stay on board at SYD when going CBR-SYD-DOH.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
When you arrived at SYD from CBR, you deplaned directly at gate level and could walk straight to QR international lounge?

Sound good! How much time in SYD is scheduled?
Originally Posted by Top of climb
You stay on board at SYD when going CBR-SYD-DOH.

Top of climb Hmm... not on either of my two experiences. Can I ask if maybe you arrived at a bus gate and that might be why they preferred to keep you onboard during the transit? anabolism yes, exactly in my case, both times, ex-CBR, we were just released directly in the departure lounge and told when to return to the gate. In both case, we just have to keep our original BP from CBR.

This contrasts with the inbound flight from DOH where you are given a transit card, released in the arrivals circuit, and asked to make your way to flight connection (very quick as SYD is still not a massive international transit airport).

In both directions, the transit time is scheduled as around 1h-1h30. On the return we had almost exactly that, on the outbound we had nearly an hour extra (though you lose about 15 minutes clearing transit as long as you remember to make directly your way to the transit circuit rather than unnecessarily queuing before arriving passengers waiting for the electronic machines!

Do they do the thing where all electronics larger than a phone are separately screened and sealed in a bag? (I'm not sure if that's just for flights to the US and UK.)

Nope. On all my flights to Oz from Doha (and in fact from most other transit airports) the target has been specifically liquids, and since September powders (including salt!)
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite.
Originally Posted by Grace B
I live in Canberra and have done both. QR is nicer IMO (with the QSuite), and the timings are certainly nicer. The SQ seats are awful IMO.
Do all of Qatar’s 777-300s have the “Q”suite on their routes906/907(CBR-SYD-Doh & return?)Just noticed they seem to be using 777-300s(V1) with only Business & Economy.Seems there are no Q suites,or is it hit & miss what is on this route?Cheers
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by hackneycab2

Do all of Qatar’s 777-300s have the “Q”suite on their routes906/907(CBR-SYD-Doh & return?)Just noticed they seem to be using 777-300s(V1) with only Business & Economy.Seems there are no Q suites,or is it hit & miss what is on this route?Cheers
QR has many 77Ws without Q Suites. They normally use planes equipped with the Q Suite on that route, but substitutions are nor unusual, and even scheduled non-Q Suites planes are perfectly possible depending on how many planes are going through the regular checks.
hackneycab2 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by hackneycab2

My flight in a couple of weeks is still showing as QSuites.
hackneycab2 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 1:33 am

Just done ARN-DOH-CBR

The lounge used in ARN has changed and is now near gate 1 (before passport control i believe) we misunderstood the instructions given at check in and didn't use the lounge.

In Sydney we deplaned and went through international transfer security and back to the gate, there was time to visit the lounge but we preferred just to stretch our legs. Terminal was very quiet. In total took about 10 minutes from leaving the aircraft to returning to gate.

AT CBR you pass through domestic security and can then use the Qantas lounge and then have to pass through international security before boarding.

On return from CBR to SYD we deplaned straight into gate area and this time used the Qantas lounge which is a brisk 7 minute walk.

Loads SYD CBR 28 and CBR SYD 15
Old Feb 21, 2020, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Curly
Just done ARN-DOH-CBR

The lounge used in ARN has changed and is now near gate 1 (before passport control i believe) we misunderstood the instructions given at check in and didn't use the lounge.
We flew ARN-DOH a couple of weeks ago and visited the Norrsken lounge in T5, airside (after security) but before passport control. It accepts Priority Pass as well as OneWorld BPs. Because we had J BPs, they offered us a choice of ham or roast beef slices on a plate as well as the buffet items. There is a second lounge, the Stockholm Arlanda Lounge, located in "Terminal 5, Concourse F, Beyond Passport Control, 4th Floor, After Security" per the OW lounge page, which we skipped and headed to the gate.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 1:05 am

We flew ARN-DOH a couple of weeks ago and visited the Norrsken lounge in T5, airside (after security) but before passport control. It accepts Priority Pass as well as OneWorld BPs. Because we had J BPs, they offered us a choice of ham or roast beef slices on a plate as well as the buffet items. There is a second lounge, the Stockholm Arlanda Lounge, located in "Terminal 5, Concourse F, Beyond Passport Control, 4th Floor, After Security" per the OW lounge page, which we skipped and headed to the gate.
Thanks Anabolism. The Arlanda lounge is the one that is now closed. I thought i had a photo of the notice from the door of where the lounge used to be but can't find it at the moment. Something to do with the airport expansion from memory.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 4:41 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Curly
Thanks Anabolism. The Arlanda lounge is the one that is now closed. I thought i had a photo of the notice from the door of where the lounge used to be but can't find it at the moment. Something to do with the airport expansion from memory.
I didn't realize that. It's still listed on the OneWorld lounge page, but that doesn't mean anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.