Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by kaffir76
The same could be said for CX -
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...res/index.html

And you are HKG based, are you not?

Not in the region/airports where I am based - the promos are an all inclusive fare

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-sg/o...l-premium.html

Sheesh - of all things to complain about QR, this really isn't one of them
Now CX quotes all-inclusive fares from Hong Kong when tou book. The legal requirement has been changed very recently.

But it seems that some airlines have been slow to adapt their system, or part of their system

But that is at ti
Old May 6, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Yup - just tried the 25% discount for 2 and that is fake too.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Qatar are not doing themselves any favours here.

It makes them look like deceitful liars.....never a good look.
Old May 6, 2019, 2:05 pm

I have given up even using their sites - GF or ITA solve that check most of the time, But 2 for 1 or discounted 2's it need checking on QR . Yet even those are inevitably fake,

I give up.

On our HKG to MAN 6X per year routing they are a slightly better option than BA via LHR --- when CX direct prices are crazy. Think we will move our allegiance to EY. and give up on OW.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Trying to find a reasonable fare from Europe to Male Sat 29th June approx for 1 week to meet up with the better half who is there for work. based in the UK, in business class.

Any suggestions would be very welcome
Old May 29, 2019, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by simonsmith
Trying to find a reasonable fare from Europe to Male Sat 29th June approx for 1 week to meet up with the better half who is there for work. based in the UK, in business class.

Any suggestions would be very welcome
EY has a sale starting today. Have a look at that. Ex UK you are looking at the Ł1800 mark though.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
EY has a sale starting today. Have a look at that. Ex UK you are looking at the Ł1800 mark though.
If you can get to Abu Dhabi or Dubai from there you can go with Sri Lankan (oneworld) for 1K Euro...approx. 360 Tier points...
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL , HH Gold, UA Plat
I need to go to Asia at the end of June and was wondering if anyone could help me find a more cost effective way of flying. Currently I have found flights leaving OSL-SIN on June 26th and returning from SIN to OSL on August 8th for 1463 GBP. This is on Qatar as I am keen to optimize TP as well. While the dates are pretty fixed I am happy to fly out of anywhere ex EU and HKG SIN BKK ect as my final destination will be PVG.
Below is a link to the most optimal flights I have found so far:
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=O...;sd:1;t:b;tt:m
Thanks so much for your help, the majority of you are better at this that me so id appreciate any help I could get!
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by James31
I need to go to Asia at the end of June and was wondering if anyone could help me find a more cost effective way of flying. Currently I have found flights leaving OSL-SIN on June 26th and returning from SIN to OSL on August 8th for 1463 GBP. This is on Qatar as I am keen to optimize TP as well. While the dates are pretty fixed I am happy to fly out of anywhere ex EU and HKG SIN BKK ect as my final destination will be PVG.
Below is a link to the most optimal flights I have found so far:
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=O...;sd:1;t:b;tt:m
Thanks so much for your help, the majority of you are better at this that me so id appreciate any help I could get!
I myself spent the whole weekend searching for EU to BKK and opted for OSL pretty similar price of your SIN I found slightly cheaper fares ex ARN but connection times were poor

I searched every European departure point and only Warsaw showed cheaper fares but positioning was a the issue ( I'm near London )

My entire trip for February was GBP 1540 Inc BA RTN to OSL

At least Ł500 cheaper than ex UK on QR
Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:52 pm

Don't rule out AY for UK to Asia

Originally Posted by spec119
I myself spent the whole weekend searching for EU to BKK and opted for OSL pretty similar price of your SIN I found slightly cheaper fares ex ARN but connection times were poor

I searched every European departure point and only Warsaw showed cheaper fares but positioning was a the issue ( I'm near London )

My entire trip for February was GBP 1540 Inc BA RTN to OSL

At least Ł500 cheaper than ex UK on QR
AY ex EDI and occasionally MAN to Asia (BKK/HKG) is often around the Ł1,500 mark. Yes if BA you will lose 60 TP's but the connection time at HEL and flight time can be an advantage.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by Modo
AY ex EDI and occasionally MAN to Asia (BKK/HKG) is often around the Ł1,500 mark. Yes if BA you will lose 60 TP's but the connection time at HEL and flight time can be an advantage.
I think crazy prices from London airport's and even UL was about 3 5k
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by spec119
I think crazy prices from London airport's and even UL was about 3 5k
But you can easily avoid if you have a little extra time. Next week I'm flying LH LHR-FRA, about USD $100, then getting on the QR 380 to DOH.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: British Airways
SOF-AKL rt for 2 386 € not the best deal ever but the best I can find right now... anyone knows of better ex-EU to NZ/OZ deal.. there is also ADB-MEL for less than 2k but I found it quite pricey and long to position myself to Izmir
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
They have a special for MUC-BKK in C and it also works for USM. I just booked MUC-DOH_BKK, USM-BKK-DOH-MUC for 1.750,-- Euro. A return MUC-BKK would go for1.616,-- Euro early next year.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:58 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by toz100
They have a special for MUC-BKK in C and it also works for USM. I just booked MUC-DOH_BKK, USM-BKK-DOH-MUC for 1.750,-- Euro. A return MUC-BKK would go for1.616,-- Euro early next year.
Yes, I did see that, unfortunately I did book the "special online business class fare on this Monday for 300 EUR more - I somehow feel fooled...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.