Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Traveller999
Thank you! I was just curious, because I did try to find ex MUC something suitable as advertised, but could not, at least not at my preferred dates and its the same for me - travelling alone ;-)
may be we should consider travelling together then *ggg*
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MaukC504
Who do you receive the email from? I signed up for Privilege Club in order to receive emails around sales and special fares, but never received anything like that.
Apparently it depends on your preferred departure airport, for example from VIE I got the email promo with prices for 2 travelling pax, where from HEL it's just the price, and for FRA - no email at all.
Again, VIE by itself is always more expensive for QR if travel East vs. ex- Scandinavia, where travel to Asia is cheaper.
It's probably worth to be subscribed with multiply departure airports in order to get more offers or just checking Google Flights when there is a campaign going on.

as for the travelling together, you don't have to be a family, just any two passenger under same booking, if I understand it correctly.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Gobber
Apparently it depends on your preferred departure airport, for example from VIE I got the email promo with prices for 2 travelling pax, where from HEL it's just the price, and for FRA - no email at all.
Again, VIE by itself is always more expensive for QR if travel East vs. ex- Scandinavia, where travel to Asia is cheaper.
It's probably worth to be subscribed with multiply departure airports in order to get more offers or just checking Google Flights when there is a campaign going on.

as for the travelling together, you don't have to be a family, just any two passenger under same booking, if I understand it correctly.
although it was ment as a joke, but i think so: just 2 names on same booking ...
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier , BA Silver, Miles and More Silver, Windham Rewards Diamond
Qatar scam promo - Two seats or more. Save up to 30% in Premium

QR currently have a misleading (and potentially illegal) promotion on the Belgian QR web page

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-be/o...ium-offer.html
The offer is 30% discount in Business class when booked 2 passengers or more.

When booking any destination in the offer difference in fare between 1 or 2 (or even 4) passengers is only 5%. It is impossible to find 30% discount as advertised.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:43 am

New promo email from QR today. Anyone spotting alleged 30% off while travelling of min 2 pax. I am tracking ex Scandinavia to Asia (HKG)? I am not seeing it. Or its inflated price decreased again?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by BRUGUY
QR currently have a misleading (and potentially illegal) promotion on the Belgian QR web page

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-be/o...ium-offer.html
The offer is 30% discount in Business class when booked 2 passengers or more.

When booking any destination in the offer difference in fare between 1 or 2 (or even 4) passengers is only 5%. It is impossible to find 30% discount as advertised.
Same from France.
Actually, I often find price for 2 higher than twice price for one.
QR used to run sales for 2 at less than EUR2,000 per pax for CDG-HKG, now it is near 3,000. A joke.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by brunos
Same from France.
Actually, I often find price for 2 higher than twice price for one.
QR used to run sales for 2 at less than EUR2,000 per pax for CDG-HKG, now it is near 3,000. A joke.
Everything from West Europe with QR is definitely inflated, even taking into consideration of significant rise of jet fuel cost vs times of 'cheap fares'. But we are constantly seeing less expensive QR fares from eastern Europe and Scandinavia, is that due more competition? Whom are they fighting? SK, LO, EY? Even at western LH hubs QR is charging much much higher.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Everything from West Europe with QR is definitely inflated, even taking into consideration of significant rise of jet fuel cost vs times of 'cheap fares'. But we are constantly seeing less expensive QR fares from eastern Europe and Scandinavia, is that due more competition? Whom are they fighting? SK, LO, EY? Even at western LH hubs QR is charging much much higher.
It is just that those markets are quite different in terms of pricing. All one-stop airlines (e.g. BA, CX, ...) offer cheap business fares out to Scandinavia and Eastern Europe. Hence QR has to align.
Besides historical reasons which are hard to break, these markets are leisure heavy and premium light. QR has trouble filling the J cabin.
Gobber likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Everything from West Europe with QR is definitely inflated....
I don't understand. Inflated above what? Are you suggesting that QR, or any business, should charge less than it thinks that people will pay? That's certainly how I set the prices in my business.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I don't understand. Inflated above what? Are you suggesting that QR, or any business, should charge less than it thinks that people will pay? That's certainly how I set the prices in my business.
I guess inflated against what we use to see not so long time ago.
I like QR very much but as a leisure traveller the current premium fares are just too high for me.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by more4less

I guess inflated against what we use to see not so long time ago.
I like QR very much but as a leisure traveller the current premium fares are just too high for me.
snap.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
snap.
Snap +1
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Inflated vs past 'travel festival' age, and, more specifically, over current Eastern Europe/ex-Scandinavia QR fares. But I perfectly see your point vs competition.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
For me it's a case of to wait or not to wait. Usually by now I would have booked at least three Long haul trips for the year. So far only Easter is booked.

Reminds me of a game of Chicken.
ATCOlad likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, FB Plat
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
For me it's a case of to wait or not to wait. Usually by now I would have booked at least three Long haul trips for the year. So far only Easter is booked.

Reminds me of a game of Chicken.
exactly,

i need a few trips to SE Asia this year and I feel like an idiot not to grab MXP-BKK for 1200ish eur during xmas... guess i was waiting for the festival promos i have been using repeatedly for my work travel around the year...

wonder if that mxp-bkk was a some kind of test how the sale would go and how to make price proposition for this year, since there are so no deals anymore and that was last interesting promo. I just got Valentine companion offer, which is compared to previous QR deals quite a joke. ST carriers + Etihad from central europe are now 25%-40% cheaper than QR. But to be frank, you get what you pay for and QR price is fair enough for the competition offer and quality/value ratio.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.